Our team in a few weeks time?

wt4lyf

Was just reading an article on the website about all the players who will be coming back from injuries in time for the game against the raiders..im excited in a few ways but having second thoughts because IMO the players we have right now within our backline are gaining more confidence every week and starting to show some fantastic and exciting form..
players returning from injury- Keith Galloway (hand), Tame Tupou (knee), centre Blake Ayshford (groin) and full-back
McKinnon who cant play this week because he has been given the chance to settle in to the team.. also what happens to players such as taumata, tuaki who wont have spots in the team..

our current backline:
1) Beau Ryan
2) Lote Tuqiri
3) Geoff Daniella
4) Chris Lawrence
5) Daniel Fitzhenry

whats ur thoughts about what will happen?

our backline in a few weeks
1) Wade McKinnon
2) Lote Tuqiri
3) Geoff Daniella
4) Chris Lawrence
5) Beau Ryan

I say we sign McKinnon to a one year extension right now just so we can at some stage see;
1\. McKinnon
2\. Tuqiri
3\. Moltzen
4\. Lawrence
5\. Tuiaki
6\. Marshall
7\. Lui

or even

1\. McKinnon
2\. Tuqiri
3\. Ayshford/Daniela/Ryan
4\. Lawrence
5\. Tuaiki
6\. Marshall
7\. Moltzen
13\. Lui

Hahaha my God what a team. I'm really worried that we are rorting the cap tbh. If we had all hands on deck our team would be the best in the comp by a large stretch, even on par with the Storm. Even though they have three or four players that are probably better than anyone in our team we would have a team full of strong players.

@KingOvKingz09 said:
1) Wade McKinnon
2) Lote Tuqiri
3) Geoff Daniella
4) Chris Lawrence
5) Beau Ryan

okays stef but what happens to fitzy and tupou?
fitzy is really starting to show us why he is first grade material and he is starting to play with great form..
also what happens to tupou who is a big winger and he is very talented? do we just throw him in nsw cup and let him be wasted there.. and if this is your backline, lets just think about long term for a second, where does tuaki and taumata fit into it?

@wt4lyf said:
@KingOvKingz09 said:
1) Wade McKinnon
2) Lote Tuqiri
3) Geoff Daniella
4) Chris Lawrence
5) Beau Ryan

okays stef but what happens to fitzy and tupou?
fitzy is really starting to show us why he is first grade material and he is starting to play with great form..
also what happens to tupou who is a big winger and he is very talented? do we just throw him in nsw cup and let him be wasted there.. and if this is your backline, lets just think about long term for a second, where does tuaki and taumata fit into it?

fitz will be in the 17 most likely on the bench & tupou is to big now to be a winger, he has lost some of his speed, i think i remember someone saying he was gonna play back row if he comes back ? Tuiaki from my veiw wont play this year… but if he does he will probably come off the bench for a few games and replace ryan.... im not sure thats just my veiw on things , its really complicated when you have alot of players starting to come into form and you have others who are coming back from injury

i would like to think it would look like this
1.mackinnon
2.lote
3.lawrence
4.daniella
5.tuiaki
6.benji
7.moltzen
8.fafita
9.farah
10.galloway
11.ellis
12.fulton
13.lui

14.heighnington
15.moors
16.payten
17.taumata

what a bench we will have

@biggest tigers fan said:
1.mackinnon
2.lote
3.lawrence
4.daniella
5.tuiaki
6.benji
7.moltzen
8.fafita
9.farah
10.galloway
11.ellis
12.fulton
13.lui

14.heighnington
15.moors
16.payten
17.taumata

looks like the strongest tigers team ever fielded IMO :slight_smile:
but what about ryan,lui and asyhford ?

@wt4lyf said:
@biggest tigers fan said:
1.mackinnon
2.lote
3.lawrence
4.daniella
5.tuiaki
6.benji
7.moltzen
8.fafita
9.farah
10.galloway
11.ellis
12.fulton
13.lui

14.heighnington
15.moors
16.payten
17.taumata

looks like the strongest tigers team ever fielded IMO :slight_smile:
but what about ryan,lui and asyhford ?

ive got lui at lock as one day i think he will be bigger and can play a brad fittler anasta type lock.Unfortunately there's no room for ayshford or Ryan they can play state cup or go somewhere else until we have an injury

oh id love lui to play lock he's a bloody strong halfback :slight_smile:
and is great at offloads
i might be speaking to early but if he was a bit bigger perhaps he could be the tigers very own feleti mateo :smiley:

1\. McKinnon
2\. Ryan (TT once available)
3\. Lawrence
4\. Danielle (Moltzen once available)
5\. Lote
6\. Marshall
7\. Lui
8\. Galloway
9\. Farrar
10\. Gibbs
11\. Dwyer
12\. Ellis
13\. Heighton

14\. Payten (prop rotation)
15\. Fifita (prop rotation)
16\. Toupou (wrecking ball)
17\. Fulton/Flannagan (cover backs and forwards)
18\. Aruna
19\. Moors
20\. Ashyford
21\. Fitzhenry

I see Moltzen as a Centre when he returns and Lui to stay at half back.

Like to see Michael Gordon (goal kicker) and Jeff Lima added to our squad next year.

Don't think we'll see Lui at lock. And ron is right regarding McKinnon, he needs to prove himself first. If he gets back to his form of 2007, then great, he'll carve up and be an awesome addition, but he's got to fit in and get used to the Tigers style of play first.

A full strength team in a few weeks could look like:

1\. Fitzy/McKinnon
2\. Tuqiri
3\. Ayshford/Daniela
4\. Lawrence
5\. Ryan
6\. Marshall
7\. Lui
8\. Gibbs
9\. Farah
10\. Galloway
11\. Payten
12\. Ellis
13\. Heighington

14\. Fifita
15\. Moors
16\. Dwyer
17\. Flanagan/Fitzy

I think Taumata could find himself in the mix, Tame Tupou will need 3-4 weeks to find match fitness IMO, but he's an option, plus Fulton is yet to return. I don't know how it will all play out, but if there wasn't competition for spots now, there will be more competition in a few weeks time. It's a good headache to have if you're the coach, but no doubt there will be plenty of debate on here as to who should get a go.

McKinnon came here after being guaranteed game time.. he'll be playing asap imo. Hopefully we'll see this team for the round after the bye..

1\. McKinnon
2\. Tuqiri
3\. Ryan Daniela
4\. Lawrence
5\. Daniela / Ryan
6\. Marshall
7\. Lui
8\. Gibbs
9\. Farah
10\. Galloway
11\. Ellis
12\. Payten
13\. Heighno

14\. Fafita
15\. Moors
16\. Dwyer
17\. Ayshford

Like Willow said… Tame is will gain some match fitness and potentially replace Moors or Dwyer. I think Fulton and Flanagan will be the losers here tbh

@wt4lyf said:
IMO Flannagan has to stay on our bench
he makes an impact when he comes on..
nt sure what'll happen to fulton though :s

Mate I agree… but for the time being, I'm not so sure he fits into the squad! Who do you drop in other words?

Ultimately, the good thing is that how often does a team have their strongest 17 on the field? I'm willing to guess very few times a year if any! No doubt he'll be in the squad again, but I think it'll be through someone getting injured. Having options like this is only good though!
:sunglasses:

Everyone is putting the team that they would like to see but be assured this will be the team that will take the field in a few weeks or after our first loss

1.McKinnon
2.Tuqiri
3.Lawence
4.Ayshford
5.Ryan
6.Marshall
7.Lui
8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Ellis
12.Payton