Outright 6th is a possibility

alexaki

If the results of next weekends round go our way like they did last weekend and we win…we are outright 6th on the NRL ladder...a position I realistically would like to see us finish... :slight_smile:

@alexaki said:
If the results of next weekends round go our way like they did last weekend and we win…we are outright 6th on the NRL ladder...a position I realistically would like to see us finish... :slight_smile:

If Broncos beat the Panthers, Dogs beat Cowboys we're 5th haha

Well, if we finish 6th, we'd be playing the Titans or Storm at home…. for me, in the overall scheme of things, I'd probably rather face the Dogs or Saints in Sydney.

In saying that though, with Inglis now removed from the Storm side and us unlucky not to beat them in Melbourne..... that may not be too bad :slight_smile:

@Tigerdave said:
Well, if we finish 6th, we'd be playing the Titans or Storm at home…. for me, in the overall scheme of things, I'd probably rather face the Dogs or Saints in Sydney.

In saying that though, with Inglis now removed from the Storm side and us unlucky not to beat them in Melbourne..... that may not be too bad :slight_smile:

Good point… we also play well against both teams off all the side i don't want to face the Titans at Skilled...

@Kaiser said:
@Tigerdave said:

Good point… we also play well against both teams off all the side i don't want to face the Titans at Skilled...

Knocked them over easily up there last season. Their forward pack is hit and miss. Like the Tigers, they are dangerous if they get a quick play the ball, but I don't think the Tigers would mind playing the Titans.

Well not if you believe the so called experts in the Tele who have us winning just one more game and not making the 8 at all.

Personally I think we will finish on 30 points, where that ha sus i don;t know. We will beat the Sharkies and the Dogs imo. I can't ever see us beating Para we may get a result up at the Gold Coast if they rest players.

@IronTiger said:
Well not if you believe the so called experts in the Tele who have us winning just one more game and not making the 8 at all.

Personally I think we will finish on 30 points, where that ha sus i don;t know. We will beat the Sharkies and the Dogs imo. I can't ever see us beating Para we may get a result up at the Gold Coast if they rest players.

We beat parra a couple of months ago at parra.

@Defiant said:
I think Parra started their run after that loss.

Yes they did,just like Souths have done after we beat them. :confused:

parra is a different team now, playing really well and will be hard to beat.

titans will be tough to beat at skilled.

dogs will be tough too.

im not trying to be dr bringdown here, but there is a real chance they will lose all 3, and they havent beaten the sharks just yet, (although they should, but weve been here before). :cry:

if they do retain their spot in the 8 come finals time, not only will i be very happy, but they will have laid a great foundation going in and would have to be considered a real threat. lets hope that is the case.

GO TIGERS!!!!

For us to have a real chance of going anywhere in the finals we need to come in at 6th or better..any team facing the Dogs and Dragons first up in the semis is going to be up to a huge task….it's funny but I think they will be beatable as the semis progress...and this is where we can strike them and do a 2005 against the dragons again....ahhh..wouldn't that be just wonderful! :smiley:

well, there is nothing wrong with optimism and positive thinking!

you never know what can happen… :slight_smile:

@willow said:
@Kaiser said:
@Tigerdave said:

Knocked them over easily up there last season. Their forward pack is hit and miss. Like the Tigers, they are dangerous if they get a quick play the ball, but I don't think the Tigers would mind playing the Titans.

Yeh im not convinced on the Titans, I reckon we can beat em in the finals. Plus add to that we play them 2 weeks before the finals so if we can beat them then that would be a massive confidence boost for us if we do make the finals and play them again.

I reckon we can beat any team, but the one that im most worried about is Melbourne at Olympic Park, particularly as the match would be on either a Friday or Saturday night.

Well I think 6th is pessimistic. Given news over night, I think we are certainties for 4th.

I posted a topic discussing where our home final will be played but it was removed after 1 hour.

@Gary Bakerloo said:
Well I think 6th is pessimistic. Given news over night, I think we are certainties for 4th.

I posted a topic discussing where our home final will be played but it was removed after 1 hour.

i wouldnt put it past us if muhammad ali had striked for melbourne just 2 weeks ago LOL.

i just wanna play bulldogs if we get in semis
there a sydney team & we could get as much tigers supporters as bulldogs at the game
they dont worry me

cuase

1- Dragons have beaten every challenge & yes i remember 05

2- Gold Coast- We wouldnt have much supporters

3- Melbourne - Hard place to win but possible, especially with GI in trouble

@MacDougall said:
I want to play GC at Skilled. Just so I can go!!

Im going up to the one two weeks earlier…...wouldnt mind going back for a round 2.

Plus........Titans and Tigers sounds soooo alike the boys wil think the chanting is for them.

:laughing:

Members online

Back