Panthers Loss... will the wheels start to fall off?

AndTheKungFoSing

Is this the loss that puts enough wind up the panthers and start them dropping some points? I hope so! A win clear in 3rd and now only a win off the panthers in second….

Only time will tell i guess. That's really their first ordinary effort of the year. They've punched above their weight i think but time will tell. If they get back on the horse and restore normal order then their potential will have shone through. If the wheels do come off then that punching above their weight tag will prove right. Personally although i think they're playing above themselves i think they'll be alright, yesterday was a slip up imo.

I think they're due, as well as the dragons, to run into some bad form sooner or later. In saying that, I think both teams are good enough not to let that bad form extend into the finals.

All top teams fall victim to an upset at some point.

It's a bit early to make that call. They beat the Dragons last week missing 5 first graders (I know the Dragons were missing Boyd, Weyman and Costigan,) plus had their halfback out injured and still conjured a win. If they lose the next two, then maybe it will be a valid observation.

Yesterday's loss showed how much they have relied on kicks to score tries this season. They looked flat yesterday but even allowing for the fact they were ordinary in attack, they had so much ball in the second half and particularly at the backend of the game that someone should have broken through the Warriors line and scored.

Their two best forwards ran out of petrol after a big Origin game and the Warriors were just more willing

They have one of the easier draws into the semi finals so they should win their share of games. As for the big games at the end of the year they will be competive. They have a good pack, a good 7 and a good goal kicker plus the x factor in Jennings if he finds some of his old form

I only saw the last half an hour of this match and I must say I was disgusted at probably the most one sided referring performance I have seen all year. The men from OPSM might as well have pulled on a Panther jersey and get in the ruck! An absolutely awesome effort by the Warriors to win that game [though they didnt do themselves any favours with some silly/sloppy ball control when they did have the ball].

I reckon they hit their purple patch too early.
They should be hitting it now.

@T-REXX said:
bit like we were due in 05?

one loss hardly makes the wheels fall off..

Never said it was going to happen… I am keen to know whether people think this will be the begining of a patch of bad form...

Hence... WILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF....

I think teams are learning to defend against their kicking game and a loss against the Warriors at home could be the catalyst to start it.

@Chris said:
I think they're due, as well as **the dragons**, to run into some bad form sooner or later. .

Should be around the time of the major semifinal :wink:

I agree with you kaiser. It seemed like warriors had the answer to every one of Panthers attacking questions in defence. Sometimes there set plays were too obvious and some of the panthers got smashed coz the michael luck and co. knew they would get the ball. So, yes teams are learning how to control them because of their predictability.

@tig_prmz said:
I agree with you kaiser. It seemed like warriors had the answer to every one of Panthers attacking questions in defence. Sometimes there set plays were too obvious and some of the panthers got smashed coz the michael luck and co. knew they would get the ball. So, yes teams are learning how to control them because of their predictability.

Mate to be honest I don't why it's taken this long… The only other way they score is inside balls around the ruck to Coote....

They've also got some very tough games away after this week... travelling to Melbourne and Canberra.... If Para pull an upset this week... they might find themselves out of the 4 quick smart....

I think they're a real chance of going deep into the finals series. Cast your minds back 12 months. They were going really well, then they dropped like flies. Lewis, Petero, Waterhouse, Pritchard, Jennings, Graham, and about 5 others all went down. With that injury toll they bombed out. If they keep their squad injury free, they have the talent to win it.

I'm not saying they will not perform good right now. It's going to take time and they WILL CHOKE. However. I didn't see their draw and I don't know of their games, but according to you Kaiser, if they get beaten by Parra this weekend, they will lose against Canberra and Storm so they might start underperforming sooner than I thought they would.

Latest posts

Back