OFFICIAL Pathways - KOE General Discussion

I meant in terms of our first grade roster. Should be getting him first grade ready in a position we need him in. They can put a makeshift there, AD is not playing in the halves at this club.

I agree, don’t get why he is playing halfback.
Seems strange. You don’t see other NRL players returning from long layoff in other positions they won’t be playing.

Be interesting where he lines up defensively in the line this week

You can't write someone off forever, but yeah when we have limited spaces in our NRL squad we have to make some educated guesses as to whom we think is best positioned to kick on. Hopefully we get more right than not, but we'll never get it right 100% of the time..

And for the record @Tiger in boots 🐅 I don't hate Sukkar, but he should be on a train and trial deal in my view, the fact he's on an NRL deal next season makes him expendable when I view other Young forwards with more upside, but if he were only on a lesser deal he'd get more time to develop and price himself. Sometimes getting the NRL deal too early, before you're ready to contribute, can be a negative for a youngster if you get written off too early.
Broederlow, Nicolas and Clarke are ahead of him (and Tumeth) in my eyes
The key is to identify and sign your core.
Supporting the core is your fill players either recruited externally or promoted internally.
All non core players should be expendable.
When a junior or recruit shows enough consistency to be factored into the team as part of the core. (Think Munster in the days of Smith, Cronk and Billy) then they should be promoted into keepers.
Still I remain insistent that outside your core these players are expendable and should be part of an ongoing squad flushing of sorts.

Performance. When Tumeth's been given an opportunity he hasn't taken it. He's the sort of player that will take time but i can see him being a nrl bench player in his mid 20s. Thing is for now his body isn't up to the grind. So where does he play in the meantime? He has looked ok in flegg, he runs smart lines and physically that's this current level. Maybe ron massey between flegg and cup is his current spot, but for a top 30 player to be in RM is a bit underwhelming for all involved.

And it's a hard one with good trainers, you want to reward those who work hark, but if on matchday they don't deliver then promoting someone who doesn't work as hard but delivers more is still necessary. Matches aren't won on the training field. I could see Sukkar playing some first grade in several years time, but for now, he's not up to it yet. He needs to be standing out and performing well every week in Cup to get that next shot. Sukkar's play the ball speed was by far the slowest in the team last weekend, half a second slower than the next closest player. His tackling efficiency was also the lowest out of all our forwards. To me he just plods and others have overtaken him.
Ok your points make sense. They probably need to start looking for more solid and reputable forwards ASAP. We can’t have the same results next year! We need to be on top of the strategy now and get ready for a big 2025 season. We just need to make top 8 next year or am I dreaming….

This is a good pack we have named this week.

Herman and Miller up front with Johannsen at lock. He goes alright Johannsen, works hard and offloads well.

Very impressed with Valevatu. He is a real good footballer. For someone his size to perform so consistently strong in what has been a poor team has impressed me. He often gets moved around a lot during the game from hooker to the halves but he just competes.

This is a good pack we have named this week.

Herman and Miller up front with Johannsen at lock. He goes alright Johannsen, works hard and offloads well.

Very impressed with Valevatu. He is a real good footballer. For someone his size to perform so consistently strong in what has been a poor team has impressed me. He often gets moved around a lot during the game from hooker to the halves but he just competes.
Mason and Doueihi are off to NRL
Who is filling in for half and fullback?

They scored after a simple error handed them possession. Wests up 10 to 4 at half time.
Saukuru has been the best on ground for mine. Strong carries every time. Lots of PCM.

TDS playing really well too. Scheming all the time and doing a lot of kicking from dummy half. Some quality ones too. Only blemish from him was trying to pick up a dogs bad pass and knocking it on instead of playing it safe.

Willett having a much better game today. Been safe and had some good carries.

Unfortunately Jimmy the Jet (Ngutlik) was injured after about 10 minutes. Made a try saver with his speed and that may have been when he injured himself. Appeared to have ice arpund the back/side of the knee.

Miller had a good first 16 minute stint. He was blowing hard.

Latest posts

Back