Phantom call we'd like to hear (#1)

Tiger_heart

…With one minute left on the clock, and the Tigers up by 2 points, this scrum penalty is the last chance for the Sea Eagles to win the match...Orford feeds the scrum...ball out...Goes wide to Jamie Lyons who links up with Brett Stewart running wide...he breaks the line, he is in the clear..pins his head back...cover is coming across..Stewart can smell the try line, he is close to scoring...GREAT TACKLE by Shannon Gallant to bring him down and into touch just 1 meter out from the line!!...where did Mighty Mouse come from, he must have given Stewart 5 meters head start and still caught up to him..As good a tackle as you'd want to see, even better than Scott Sattler in the Grand Ffinal against Trevor Burns..Sterlo, how good is this bloke?
That's the ball game... :stuck_out_tongue:

@Tiger_heart said:
…With one minute left on the clock, and the Tigers up by 2 points, this scrum penalty is the last chance for the Sea Eagles to win the match...Orford feeds the scrum...ball out...Goes wide to Jamie Lyons who links up with Brett Stewart running wide...he breaks the line, he is in the clear..pins his head back...cover is coming across..Stewart can smell the try line, he is close to scoring...GREAT TACKLE by Shannon Gallant to bring him down and into touch just 1 meter out from the line!!...where did Mighty Mouse come from, he must have given Stewart 5 meters head start and still caught up to him..As good a tackle as you'd want to see, even better than Scott Sattler in the Grand Ffinal against Trevor Burns..Sterlo, how good is this bloke?

What a great result that was for bret,,NOW its approaching 3 pm and the first grade are about to take to the field,,minus a few players,,for manly Stewart and Orford and for West Tigers Shannon Gallant.. lol

And Stewart is not happy, he takes out his frustration on Gallant, and look at the little fella, he gets up and starts swinging back, its fullback on fullback and now both sides join in the fight, Lyon picks out Farah and oooh look at Farah getting to Lyon!! Theyre still goin at it! Lyon runs away, Matai comes across and tries to bump Farah but he falls to the ground clutching at his shoulder instead!

Well, what drama have we seen here tonight, but look Ive gotta say Gus in the fair-dinkum department this is great for the game isnt it? :smiley:

@Tiger_heart said:

No thanks. Already suffered a few minor strokes this season. How about Gallant has done a Stewart, as he brings up his hat trick?

"30 seconds to go, last roll of the dice for the Tigers here, down by 4 and inside their own 20\. Farah, out of dummy half, out to Marshall, Marshall, dancing around, dummies once, now twice, Marshall cuts out Lawrence, here's Tuiaki now. Big Taniela the Tank! Over the top of Williams! Tuiaki still going, beats 4, now 5, steamrolls Watmough, Tuiaki in the clear, Stewart coming across, OH WHAT ABOUT THAT! The big don't argue from the Tank! Tuiaki has 30 to go, now 20, 10, and he will get there in the corner. Good work from Lyon to keep him from coming around under the post, but what a try from Tuiaki, and the game is levelled as the siren goes in the background…....Marshall lining up from the sideline, to win the game. Steps in, Marshall. Looks ok, it looks more than ok! MARSHALL FROM THE SIDELINE WINS THE GAME! Benji has done it, and the Tigers have gone into raptures! What a finish, and Benji and big Tuiaki are the heros for the Tigers!"

Great call from Tigers man Warren Smith

@Tiger_heart said:
…With one minute left on the clock, and the Tigers up by 2 points, this scrum penalty is the last chance for the Sea Eagles to win the match...Orford feeds the scrum...ball out...Goes wide to Jamie Lyons who links up with Brett Stewart running wide...he breaks the line, he is in the clear..pins his head back...cover is coming across..Stewart can smell the try line, he is close to scoring...GREAT TACKLE by Shannon Gallant to bring him down and into touch just 1 meter out from the line!!...where did Mighty Mouse come from, he must have given Stewart 5 meters head start and still caught up to him..As good a tackle as you'd want to see, even better than Scott Sattler in the Grand Ffinal against **Trevor Burns**..Sterlo, how good is this bloke?

Who's "Trevor Burns"?

@weststigers said:
@Tiger_heart said:
…With one minute left on the clock, and the Tigers up by 2 points, this scrum penalty is the last chance for the Sea Eagles to win the match...Orford feeds the scrum...ball out...Goes wide to Jamie Lyons who links up with Brett Stewart running wide...he breaks the line, he is in the clear..pins his head back...cover is coming across..Stewart can smell the try line, he is close to scoring...GREAT TACKLE by Shannon Gallant to bring him down and into touch just 1 meter out from the line!!...where did Mighty Mouse come from, he must have given Stewart 5 meters head start and still caught up to him..As good a tackle as you'd want to see, even better than Scott Sattler in the Grand Ffinal against **Trevor Burns**..Sterlo, how good is this bloke?

Who's "Trevor Burns"?

I think Tiger_heart meant Todd Byrne.

@Jazza said:
@weststigers said:
@Tiger_heart said:

Who's "Trevor Burns"?

I'm just winding up…I love it when people get player's names wrong because sometimes it sticks. My mates girlfriend called Brett Kimmorley, Brett Cremorney! Needless to say, that is how we now refer to Kimmorley :laughing:

@Tiger_heart said:

Except Gallant wouldn't come close to Stewart on even ground, let alone a head start.

@Don Brodga said:
@Tiger_heart said:

Except Gallant wouldn't come close to Stewart on even ground, let alone a head start.

Hey everyone. Look how wrong this guy is.

@weststigers said:
@Jazza said:
@weststigers said:
Who's "Trevor Burns"?

I'm just winding up…I love it when people get player's names wrong because sometimes it sticks. My mates girlfriend called Brett Kimmorley, Brett Cremorney! Needless to say, that is how we now refer to Kimmorley :laughing:

My dad sometimes used to call Hodgo, 'Hodges' and Id always tell him, it is NOT 'Hodges'. And I remember 6 or 7 yrs ago, a couple of times when the commentators said Saleh, he thought they meant Wendell Sailor… but i didnt bother correcting him on that one :laughing:

@MacDougall said:
@Don Brodga said:
@Tiger_heart said:

Hey everyone. Look how wrong this guy is.

Yeah what am I saying. Brett Stewart is a slug. Shannon Gallant is the quickest player ever AND is a brilliantly strong defender aswell. The only chance we'd have of stopping Stewart would be Chris Lawrence. Now there is someone with speed.

Only Phantom call i want to hear on Monday night…...

Tigers are in to score with only 10 seconds remaining on the clock. Can Marshall convert the try from the sideline to make the score 44 - 4 in favour of the Tigers.

Wow, 44-0 in just the first 40 minutes of the game. What an exhibition the Wests Tigers have put on tonight. Do you think Des Hassler will bother sending out his troups for the second half?

@Jazza said:
@weststigers said:
@Jazza said:

My dad sometimes used to call Hodgo, 'Hodges' and Id always tell him, it is NOT 'Hodges'. And I remember 6 or 7 yrs ago, a couple of times when the commentators said Saleh, he thought they meant Wendell Sailor… but i didnt bother correcting him on that one :laughing:

Reminds me of my pet hate "Jamie Lyons"

"And Tuiaki is in for his 21st try of the season"

OR

"And Taniela Tuiaki is in for his 26th try of the season"

… as Manly receive their 15th penalty in the opening 20 mins, supercoach Sheens throws on big Daine Laurie who was a late inclusion to the team.

Watmough takes the first hit up and runs straight at Laurie, Laurie aims up and shoulder charges Watmough into the SFS surface. Laurie stands over Watmough (who is unconscious) as Gibbs and Skandalis pat him on the back. Players from both teams rush in to square up.

Shayne Hayne blows his whistle frantically trying to stop it from developing into anything further. But it's to no avail. The cat Matai has king hit Farah from behind and it's on for young and old. The crowd is going wild as both teams exchange punches. Gibbs is belting the crap out of Kite, Skandalis has Lyon in a sleeper hold and the Mouse is throwing uppercuts on Orford's chin.

Hayne and Co finally take control after 10 mins of brawling. The SFS surface resembling a silvertail cemetery with maroon wearing scums taking nanna naps....

:imp:

Staff online

Back