Player Dramas in the NRL

@tiger-tragic said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)😇😈🤡](/post/1519801) said:
Years ago there was a common term, "colourful racing identity", and it referred to those who were known, or suspected, of being corrupt or criminal in their involvement in the the racing industry. Apart from a few notorious ones, I was never sure who they actually were.

Sadly, I don't think it would be hard to come up with a list of "colourful rugby league identities", and Blake Ferguson would surely be on it.

Others??

Would be interesting to put a team together of the "bad boys" of NRL - i think the tigers would contribute a fair few of them.

@diedpretty said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1519905) said:
@tiger-tragic said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1519801) said:
Years ago there was a common term, "colourful racing identity", and it referred to those who were known, or suspected, of being corrupt or criminal in their involvement in the the racing industry. Apart from a few notorious ones, I was never sure who they actually were.

Sadly, I don't think it would be hard to come up with a list of "colourful rugby league identities", and Blake Ferguson would surely be on it.

Others??

John Elias

I’d say Paul Hayward would be up there.

1 Barba
2 Simona
3 D Walker
4 Dugan
5 Ferguson
6 Carney
7 Pearce

There's a 1 to 7 from recent years.

@diedpretty said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1519908) said:
@tiger-tragic said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1519801) said:

Others??

Would be interesting to put a team together of the "bad boys" of NRL - i think the tigers would contribute a fair few of them.

Matt Seers, John Hopoate, Craig Field, Tim Simona, Ryan Tandy, John Elias ( didn't play for wests Tigers but played for both Wests and Balmain), Matt Lodge, Russell Packer - i'm sure there are more that would have run around with the tigers.

@tigerjunior4 said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1519910) said:
@diedpretty said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1519905) said:

Others??

John Elias

There is a name from the past. I remember hearing he contracted aids when in prison.
Sad story.

@kiwitiger said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1519935) said:
@tigerjunior4 said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1519910) said:

Others??

John Elias

There is a name from the past. I remember hearing he contracted aids when in prison.
Sad story.

Yeah very sad story. I first read about him in Neddy Smith’s autobiography but I think he passed not long after receiving a pardon and returning to Australia.

@innsaneink said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)😇😈🤡](/post/1520003) said:
Curtis Scott arrested again I think for prior DV incident

Good! What a coward of a male should never be aloud anywhere near the game ever again.

@tigerjunior4 said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1519939) said:
@kiwitiger said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1519935) said:

Others??

John Elias

Sad story.

Yeah very sad story. I first read about him in Neddy Smith’s autobiography but I think he passed not long after receiving a pardon and returning to Australia.

Yes, sad.
I won’t mention names as it was only a rumour but someone connected with Hayward and Newtown got very rich around that time…..

Zane Musgrove unfortunately makes another appearance.
Attended court today for driving with an allegedly suspended /cancelled licence .
Not the worse offence, however given his profile, should be more mindful and have more respect for the law and those who do the right thing on the road

Wests Tigers prop Zane Musgrove charged with driving while suspended

NRL player Zane Musgrove has landed himself back in hot water after allegedly being caught driving while his licence was suspended.
Josh Hanrahan
Josh Hanrahan
Follow
@JHanraDT
less than 2 min read
January 6, 2022 - 12:25PM

00:13
RAW: Zane Musgrove leaves Sydney court
August 9, 2019. Former NRL player Zane Musgrove, accompanied by barrister Phillip English and solicitor Michael Bowe, leaves Waverley ... more
View more related videos
NRL player Zane Musgrove has landed himself back in hot water after allegedly being caught driving while his licence was suspended.
Musgrove, 25, will face Waverley Local Court next week after being charged by police over the incident in Maroubra, in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, late last year.

In a statement NSW Police said it would be alleged Musgrove came to attention after officers noticed him driving his BMW at night without lights on.

Zane Musgrove has landed himself back in hot water after allegedly being caught driving while his licence was suspended Picture: David Swift.
Zane Musgrove has landed himself back in hot water after allegedly being caught driving while his licence was suspended Picture: David Swift.
“About 9.15pm on Friday, November 26 2021, officers attached to Eastern Beaches Police Area Command were patrolling Maroubra Road at the intersection of Anzac Parade, Maroubra, when they stopped a BMW travelling without lights on,” police said in a statement.

“Police spoke to the 25-year-old male driver, before further checks revealed the man’s driver’s licence was expired and suspended.

“The man was issued a Field Court Attendance Notice for drive motor vehicle while licence suspended.”

A spokesman for the Wests Tigers told The Daily Telegraph Musgrove had notified the club of the incident and confirmed the NRL Integrity Unit was also aware.

The prop signed a long term deal with the Tigers in 2019 but has endured two injury interrupted seasons, playing just 11 games across 2020 and 2021.

Musgrove made headlines early last year after being arrested by police outside the Coogee Bay Hotel.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Want more daily brain juice? Brain Gains app is available now on iOS.

He had been on a night out with teammates when police arrived and began moving people on, with officers alleging he failed to follow a move-on direction at a licensed premises.

He was handed a $550 fine.

Zane Musgrove leaves the Downing Centre District Court in October 2019. Picture: AAP Image/Peter Rae
Zane Musgrove leaves the Downing Centre District Court in October 2019. Picture: AAP Image/Peter Rae
It came after he missed the entire 2019 season after being suspended by the NRL over an incident, again at the Coogee Bay Hotel, in which it was alleged he indecently assaulted a woman known to him.

While initially found guilty and handed a 12-month good behaviour bond, the decision was overturned on appeal.

In 2018, when on the books at South Sydney, Musgrove was convicted and fined on charges of destroying or damaging property after pulling a gate of its hinges at his partner’s friend’s home.

More Coverage

Elective surgery pause on the cards; cases yet to peak
Morning show in chaos as TV host gets Covid
He appealed that sentence too and the conviction was revoked, with a conditional release order put in place instead.

Musgrove — who represented the Maori All Stars last year — is due to face Waverley Local Court on January 12.

@wounded_magpie said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)😇😈🤡](/post/1520045) said:
Attended court today for driving with an allegedly suspended /cancelled licence .
Not the worse offence, however given his profile, should be more mindful and have more respect for the law and those who do the right think on the road

He seriously is as dumb as they come

@paul-wright said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1520049) said:
@wounded_magpie said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1520045) said:
Not the worse offence, however given his profile, should be more mindful and have more respect for the law and those who do the right think on the road

Well he is a footballer.

@dazza65 said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1520037) said:
@tigerjunior4 said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1519939) said:

Others??

John Elias

Sad story.

Yes, sad.
I won’t mention names as it was only a rumour but someone connected with Hayward and Newtown got very rich around that time…..

I wonder who that was. I’ve got a few ideas on who that might be but haven’t heard any rumours myself.

@tigerjunior4 said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1520058) said:
@dazza65 said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1520037) said:

Others??

John Elias

Sad story.

Yes, sad.

I wonder who that was. I’ve got a few ideas on who that might be but haven’t heard any rumours myself.

I don't mind mentioning the fact that John S. visited him in prison soon after he was arrested. Just mates, I guess.

@gnr4life said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1520050) said:
@paul-wright said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1520049) said:
@wounded_magpie said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1520045) said:

Well he is a footballer.

Barely

@yeti said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1520064) said:
@tigerjunior4 said in [Player Dramas in the NRL Off\-Season \(Silly Season\)???](/post/1520058) said:

Others??

John Elias

Sad story.

Yes, sad.

I don't mind mentioning the fact that John S. visited him in prison soon after he was arrested. Just mates, I guess.

No names no pack drill. I was quite heavily involved in sydney racing at the time and it was a well known and somewhat accepted “rumour” . No idea if it is true or not.

Back