Quick update - Website

Kul

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Be advised that I have disabled the up/down voting system.

The various incidents over the past few weeks have been both disappointing and, to be frank, embarrassing.

This forum MUST be a place for enthusiastic yet adult discussion about a common interest.

Over the coming weeks I’ll be implementing some changes to address this.

@kul said in [ForumUpdate](/post/1498276) said:

The various incidents over the past few weeks have been both disappointing and, to be frank, embarrassing.

This forum MUST be a place for enthusiastic yet adult discussion about a common interest.

Over the coming weeks I’ll be implementing some changes

About time Kul.

I come on here to connect with our WT community. There's a whole bunch of great people, good conversations and banter.

But sometimes people getting carried away, argumentative and childish, which is why I've been avoiding the forum the last few weeks.

Great work Kul. Any measures to make this place a more respectful and best place to be is supported by me.

@kul said in [ForumUpdate](/post/1498276) said:

Over the coming weeks I’ll be implementing some changes

Hope it will be a change in the moderators.
Most are great but there's probably 2 that need to be shown the door.
Before you lose any more forum contributors

Mods do a good job imo. I think alot of people visit the forum and don't comment, but will give a thumbs up to the the comments they agree with.
Hope it encourages some more to contribute.

@telltails said in [ForumUpdate](/post/1498289) said:
Mods do a good job imo. I think alot of people visit the forum and don't comment, but will give a thumbs up to the the comments they agree with.
Hope it encourages some more to contribute.

👍

It was getting a bit out of hand. Anytime someone would get negged, they would quote their own post and complain. People are cowards though, they knew they could neg anonymously. You put a name next to the neg and it happens a whole let less.

@gnr4life said in [ForumUpdate](/post/1498291) said:
It was getting a bit out of hand. Anytime someone would get negged, they would quote their own post and complain. People are cowards though, they knew they could neg anonymously. You put a name next to the neg and it happens a whole let less.

Completely agree.

Didnt see a big problem with negs votes - you can't expect everyone to agree with you or like what you say. I see the negs as an opportunity for those to disagree, and prefer indicating it that way than to comment. What is a problem is when some can't accept that we don't all agree and want to continually come at those who share a different view, and then make it personal.

If this has been done to generate more conversation I wouldn't be surprised if it goes the other way.

@gnr4life said in [ForumUpdate](/post/1498291) said:

i neg plenty, couldn't care less if the name was on there
if someone said to thrown a million at mullen, why waste the time to comment when you can throw up a neg
it depends how you take it, is it a personal attack on you or is it just someone flat out disagreeing with the comment in its entirety?
the comment envelopes the value and intention of the neg; is it me disagreeing with the comment/suggestion and requires no explanation, i just don't think he is worth the money, or is it someone seeing a valid discussion and just creating a storm for no reason
even still we should be adult enough to not really care about the voting status, and to be honest, highly positive and negative comments are generally the ones worth reading

As I have posted in the recent weeks, the forum seems like it is being infiltrated by idiots, journos and obviously other supporters. Too much effort to sort through the crap comments mostly.

Overall @Kul, you efforts with the forum are appreciated. I have no issues with the Mods. If I deserve a smack I get one and that's exactly what I expect.

Also I see no reason why we couldn't keep a thumbs up feature. One of the best things about this place was seeing a great comment with a stack of up votes.

@telltails said in [Quick update](/post/1498297) said:
Didnt see a big problem with negs votes - you can't expect everyone to agree with you or like what you say. I see the negs as an opportunity for those to disagree, and prefer indicating it that way than to comment. What is a problem is when some can't accept that we don't all agree and want to continually come at those who share a different view, and then make it personal.

very true - I have had differing views but I respect all and try to understand where they're coming from, if I don't agree and think that it would lead to being so negative, I just stop.

@swordy said in [Quick update](/post/1498301) said:
As I have posted in the recent weeks, the forum seems like it is being infiltrated by idiots, journos and obviously other supporters. Too much effort to sort through the crap comments mostly.

Overall @Kul, you efforts with the forum are appreciated. I have no issues with the Mods. If I deserve a smack I get one and that's exactly what I expect.

I have a work colleague who is a chooks supporter and he told me he is on here. He would cause trouble knowing him (be a troll) and I am still trying to work out who he is.

Who cares if someone knows you downvoted them?! Not like our names and addresses are attached.
Ill downvote without any care at all. BTW this isn’t my real name.
Get a grip

@tigerman-0 said in [Quick update](/post/1498309) said:
Who cares if someone knows you downvoted them?! Not like our names and addresses are attached.
Ill downvote without any care at all. BTW this isn’t my real name.
Get a grip

Some people do care though, because they are passionate about rugby league and enjoy talking to others with a common interest. We tried the upvote/downvote system some years ago, and while it started off fine, it also fell by the wayside and was abused by a few which ruined things for the many. Same deal again this time around unfortunately.

Agree 100%

@4jtigers said in [Quick update](/post/1498308) said:

I have a work colleague who is a chooks supporter and he told me he is on here. He would cause trouble knowing him (be a troll) and I am still trying to work out who he is.

Not suprised he would come here as it would get very boring on the rorters forum talking to their other 2 supporters

Back