Robbie Farah

gatorman

Not sure what was wrong with Robbie this afternoon but he was a little below his best with for him, a slightly below par performance.

His defence was solid and he tried hard all day but maybe was a bit off colour and suffered this afternoon.

Didn't have his normal "zip" and looked physically stuffed most of the afternoon.

Noticed Moltzen gave him a gobful after being given a short pass and being tackled.

Needs the rest this week thats for sure.

They all looked stuffed in the 1st half , maybe the flu is going around …Benji had it a couple of weeks ago

has seemed this way for a few weeks.
Just outstanding defence.. we will need his attacking play if we are too stay in the eight.

Maybe against the sharks let robbie rest/recover and put morris in.

@izotope said:
Just outstanding defence.. we will need his attacking play if we are too stay in the eight.

i think our whole attack has been out for a few weeks.
dont get me wrong im loving this hard hitting defence, we just seem to be a bit flat in the opposition 20.
but hey we are winning games and still finding ways to score at least 3 tries a game, cant complain too much.

Copped a knock as well …kept him down....back or leg seemed to recover OK......

@Geo. said:
Copped a knock as well …kept him down....back or leg seemed to recover OK......

Yeah i seen that, got up to play the ball and just collapsed. Looked pretty worrying but he played on…

@izotope said:

we cant afford to, he has too play just maybe give him most the week off training or only do light training, but he has to play we cant afford to lose another game with the eels dogs and titans coming up

Robbie's form seems to be down the past few weeks. Hopefully he can spark up again before the finals.

if youve even played a tough game of rugby league or soccer youll know its not unusual to be flat both mentally and physically the next week . we beat a team who is contenders and last years premiers in a MUST WIN GAME ….i think some people are delving too deep into our performance ....and as flat as we were .... the roosters were never in a position to win the game .......

@izotope said:

How about….no!

He has been working hard and getting worked over in defence.

If he is not a standout he is still doing his job.

If that is a loss of form or injury I will take that any day of the week over some of the falls from grace we have witnessed in the past at this club

was at the ground watching.
he looked very tired.
the opposition are belting him, to try and put him off his game.
:imp: he will be refreshed for game against the sharks. :smiley:

dont get me wrong im a huge robbie support (fav by far lol).

really think we do need his attacking flair though, especially in the last 3 games.

maybe just missing that flair when u know hes going to be on his attacking game, just as exciting as watching prince and benji rip it up in 05 :smiley:

I think one of two things -
1\. he is politically out of favour. A couple of times he was second receiver and was overlooked for passes ????
2\. He is not 100% fit. If his back is playing up, or he has a chronic injury of another sort .
Either way we are screwed without him leading us around the park.
Benji doesn't have the skill level Robbie has to direct the ball around the park.

Politically out of favour?

Theres some vivid imaginations here…. :laughing:

I'd put that down confusion due to a major reshuffle of the key positions midway a game

He's getting a lot of attack aimed his way, and it's the big units he's having to drag down. He made 45 tackles against Manly and another 35 today. The Tigers forward didn't lay a brilliant platform for him either, but he still made 89 metres in attack which was an improvement over recent weeks. Sides are really working hard to slow the Tigers down around the ruck because they know Farah is so dangerous when we get a roll on.

"Politically out of favour" is perhaps a strong term to use, but I do worry that there is some disgreement in terms of "who is calling the shots" during the game.

We were a bit of a mess in attack with the re-shuffle. Robbie tried to play some first receiver to limit JM's ballplaying a bit.

To me its simple. Our pack didnt dominate, everything was in slow motion and we went side to side to much so there was no go forward.

Back