OFFICIAL SG Ball Cup

Why? You'd end up losing heaps of them depending on where you would base the team as they're kids and would pick a closer team for training etc. We get to have a crack at kids in the Balmain catchment and Campbelltown catchment this way and cherry pick the best ones into Flegg if we do it correctly. Roosters do the same with the Central Coast
Some sense

A fair few of those Parra boys today have played Flegg for a couple years now, and their class showed.
I watched Canberra thump these Parra boys a few weeks back.
Our blokes are a long way off the pace.
They need every minute of footy we can afford to give them as they are behind Sheens’s predictions as far as I have seen.
We cannot rely on these kids for a few years yet.
We must hit the market for one more contract revolution at least.

I watched Canberra thump these Parra boys a few weeks back.
Our blokes are a long way off the pace.
They need every minute of footy we can afford to give them as they are behind Sheens’s predictions as far as I have seen.
We cannot rely on these kids for a few years yet.
We must hit the market for one more contract revolution at least.
I don’t think the real guns in the team are behind Sheens’ predictions personally.

Da Silva, Saukuru and Miller were outstanding, and have been all year.

Da Silva and Miller will play again next year where they’ll hopefully win the comp and people will be fawning over them and wondering where these amazing players came from.

Looks like they’ll get maybe between three and five future first graders from this bunch (not including the Balmain group) which is great.

Agree though that they’re not ready for a few years yet, and we need to hit the market.

I don’t think the real guns in the team are behind Sheens’ predictions personally.

Da Silva, Saukuru and Miller were outstanding, and have been all year.

Da Silva and Miller will play again next year where they’ll hopefully win the comp and people will be fawning over them and wondering where these amazing players came from.

Looks like they’ll get maybe between three and five future first graders from this bunch (not including the Balmain group) which is great.

Agree though that they’re not ready for a few years yet, and we need to hit the market.
I though Da silver was unreal today

He didn’t bother watching but he can’t believe the result. Classic stuff.

Those of us who did watch saw a lot to like.
Mason definitely one to watch. Hangs around the middle, like I have been craving for Daine Laurie to do for 2 years now... Pappy/Teddy type play from what I saw.. of course theres plenty of kids look sharp in this grade do not go on.. but hope this kid develops and as a tiger.

Mason definitely one to watch. Hangs around the middle, like I have been craving for Daine Laurie to do for 2 years now... Pappy/Teddy type play from what I saw.. of course theres plenty of kids look sharp in this grade do not go on.. but hope this kid develops and as a tiger.

A lot of the backline looked good. Miller seems to be developing at a decent rate. Da Silva looks great. I thought their hooker was really good too.

Beat themselves in the end.

Majority of these boys are young enough to be back next year so hopefully they win the comp in ‘24.
The majority of these boys should never play Sg ball again. At least not if we're developing them properly. They're not kids anymore, they're men. 18-19 year Olds.

The likes of Saukuru, da Silva, Miller, Faagatu, Lene, Tanguatoa etc should all be playing flegg within a couple of weeks. And never look back.

Our flegg squad is very weak, they need the talent of the sg ball guys. Feledy already doing well at that level. Depending on how they perform the then they will move up to NSW cup. Like Matamua and pole.The big names will all debut in the NRL within the next 18 months

The less physically developed youngsters like Mason and Galvin will probably go around again next season, depending on how they fill out. Finishing their HSC for those still at school the only reason why progression may be delayed

Last edited:
The majority of these boys should never play Sg ball again. At least not if we're developing then properly. They're not kids anymore, they're men. 18-19 year Olds.

The likes of Saukuru, da Silva, Miller, Faagatu, Lene, Tanguatoa etc should all be playing flegg within a couple of weeks. And never look back.

Our flegg squad is very weak, they need the talent of the sg ball guys. Feledy already doing well at that level. Depending on how they perform the then they will move up to NSW cup. Like Matamua and pole.The big names will all debut in the NRL within the next 18 months

The less physically developed youngsters like Mason and Galvin will probably go around again next season, depending on how they fill out. Finishing their HSC for those still at school the only reason why progression may be delayed
in a perfect world a sprinkle of them should be tasting 1st grade but covid-shut down their development for awhile

The majority of these boys should never play Sg ball again. At least not if we're developing then properly. They're not kids anymore, they're men. 18-19 year Olds.

How is Sukkar going? Do you think he'll get to FG? Haven't been able to watch any Flegg or Ball this year unfortunately.

How is Sukkar going? Do you think he'll get to FG? Haven't been able to watch any Flegg or Ball this year unfortunately.
He's another seyfarth. Big, slow, one dimensional but tries hard. No line breaking or offloading ability. We have a tonne of excitingly props coming through and he's not one of them. We already have heaps of worker's too, we need some more X factor players who can win a match

He must have been good in the 2nd half yes? I only saw the first half and thought De Silva was poor.
Yeah mate sheens has said he’s the next big thing so everyone is frothing over him , I thought the parramatta 9 was better

Members online

Back