Shannon McDonnell

Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
Knights v Raiders anyone watching…..

When did he learn to run the ball back like that.....

@Geo. said:
Knights v Raiders anyone watching…..

When did he learn to run the ball back like that.....

He's looking for a contract for next season too.

Hes played pretty well tonight but overall I still feel we did the right thing by letting him go, we have better options in Moltzen & Gallant.

He never showed any real promise when playing at fullback at this club. His best games were on the wing. The club was right to let him go. In saying that, good luck to the bloke.

Good Luck to him.

I feel the move away from his father at Tigerland will only help him. A lot of people laid into this bloke because of who he was not what he did. In saying that his first grade apprences weren't great but I've seen worst who have copped less

I thought he played great last night, made some good breaks and strong returns. Sometimes a player just needs a change of scenery, best of luck to him. :wink:

he still has the ability to make a big break then have 5 unmarked support players and be able to botch the try.

@Zaibatsu said:
Hes played pretty well tonight but overall I still feel we did the right thing by letting him go, we have better options in Moltzen & Gallant.

I'd be letting Gallant go soon…

60 minutes in, he had a good game against Manly. Caught a great bomb and has made a few good tackles on the try-line. He also scored a try on the inside where he stepped the fullback sharply who fellover. If Shannon was in a Tigers jersey, he would have fallen over into the fallen fullback.

I'd go so far to say he had the best game I have ever seen him play at NRL level - good luck to him, he's a good kid.

Amazing what he can do when he backs himself against the fullback, because lets face it, he's not the best at the draw and pass.

Good luck to him.

He was never going to work out for us it seems.

I am glad he can show his wares without it being inferred that he is only there because of his father

He has looked real good for the Knights. I am not sure if there are many clubs looking for a fullback though…unfortunately for him.

Well smithy is going to the Roosters and well mini may not hold up so he might take shan over with him

Good player always has been. He slipped over a cpl of times for us and got crucified for it. the Knights have done well to get him he will become a very good player I am certain.

@Rorko said:
Well smithy is going to the Roosters and well mini may not hold up so he might take shan over with him

What about Sammy Perrett, international fullback and probably the games most underrated player.

@Marshall_magic said:
@Rorko said:

What about Sammy Perrett, international fullback and probably the games most underrated player.

Here here. Can't believe Perrett at times not been in either the Kiwi or Roosters side.

Back