Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

That's the thing about Naden - he made lots of fundamental errors while on the wing.

I swear the guy spends half the game wondering what the hell that white line next to him is!

He has always been very error prone.
The Bulldogs couldn't wait to get rid of him because his errors are costly.

He has some nip in his runs though but he is 27 in December, he doesn't have much if any improvement in him left. Very strange as to why we extended him for another 3yrs.

He has some nip in his runs though but he is 27 in December, he doesn't have much if any improvement in him left. Very strange as to why we extended him for another 3yrs.
It's like our recruitment team convince themselves they're good players by offering more money for longer

With our 2023 backline our missing piece is IMO a center pairing and assuming
We have Laurie (fb) Nofo and Kenny if fully fit on the wings then I think maybe pairing Naden and Douehi in the centers might work .I know Douehi doesn't want to play center but I feel Jacko being our best organiser is best doing it from the half's along with Brooks who is a likely starter given Sheens wants him . Talau is an unknown was sort of an ok center in 2021 but how he is after such a long injury rehab I don't know .Talau ,Toa and Kepoa are cover for injuries
I am saying Douehi would be told to play where he benefits team the most

We might be in a battle with the dolphins next year
Their pack is likely - J Bromwich, J Marshall King , M Nicholls , F Kafusi
T Gilbert , J Wallace
Plus they have a bit of backup . barring Wallace rest are all from finals teams
Nor too bad How does our Pack compare ?

We have Laurie (fb) Nofo and Kenny if fully fit on the wings then I think maybe pairing Naden and Douehi in the centers might work .I know Douehi doesn't want to play center but I feel Jacko being our best organiser is best doing it from the half's along with Brooks who is a likely starter given Sheens wants him . Talau is an unknown was sort of an ok center in 2021 but how he is after such a long injury rehab I don't know .Talau ,Toa and Kepoa are cover for injuries
the question, like always in the last 12-15 years, is our props! In the current form only Utoikamanu would play from the bench in many clubs, but the other/depth props would not be considered by any other NRL club!
Note Ofenphenague is not a prop!

the question, like always in the last 12-15 years, is our props! In the current form only Utoikamanu would play from the bench in many clubs, but the other/depth props would not be considered by any other NRL club!
Note Ofenphenague is not a prop!

What is Joe O ? I reckon he is a prop or a lock/prop.

I reckon Joe O locks down one prop position.

You said burgess adapted? Burgess is a forward there’s a huge difference, what percentage of English backs have made it in the game since coming over, I’d say it’d be less than 5%, Dom Young could be one, Herbie been here for years and done his schooling and development here so he doesn’t count, name me one other centre or fullback or winger even that’s English that was even remotely successful in the nrl and we’ve had a lot in the last 10 years
I think it’s a small sample size.

Most of the English players to play in the NRL have been forwards. Mind you, most of those guys have been quite successful. I can’t think of a total dud pommy forward that’s played in the NRL…maybe Luke Thompson, but that’s probably more a function of his salary vs output.

I won’t go into the pre-NRL era, but as for backs, it seems the halves do better than the outside backs. Gareth Widdop and George Williams did very well here.

Tomkins, Gildart and Young haven’t reached the levels the others have.

All in all, it’s hard to say because so many more forwards have come to play in Australia than backs.

When you look at the NRL, there is also a distinct lack of quality backs compared to quality forwards.

This could be due to the way the game was played in the past decade. Big forward packs and slowing down the play with the wrestle may have bred a style of player that doesn’t fit into the new rules. Naturally, there will be a lag in the right juniors coming through that fit the new age game.

Noticed Staines positional play was ordinary. Too deep on a lot of backline shifts.
Im with you...seemed asleep when Cleary put a couple of kicks thru and he simply was 15 metres behind the play..plus the shocking rush out of the line in defence which cost a try.
Was hoping for more...but he lookslike more of the same tbh

We won a comp with Daniel Fitzhenry in the team…Naden will be fine and he’s not on big bucks.

In my opinion, we need someone inside of Nofa that's older.

If we have a young kid inside him, you'll most likely see him have a sook and talk about his centre on twitter when they 'stuff' up.

We won a comp with Daniel Fitzhenry in the team…Naden will be fine and he’s not on big bucks.

Comparing Naden to Fitzy is laughable.
They aren't in the same ball park as to what they bring to the team.
If Naden is in the starting lineup in 3yrs time it shows how bad our backline is.

Back