Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Kind of disappointing...we're getting Api who just won a grand final and papi who just lost a grand final 😒 just our luc
He said that himself in an interview aye.
Sounds very familiar.
and here’s me thinking this was the contracts suggestions and rumors thread when in reality it’s also gives a toss we could have got bennet or whoever thread . It’s boring cry me a river , can it be shifted to another thread

Yeah, I never catch them when they're freshly on but always catch up.

Average show.

I'm usually working and just have it on in the background..
Probably why I'm not sure where I saw / Heard it.

8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Api Korisau
10. David Klemmer
11. Shawn Blore
12. Isiah Papalili
13. Jackson Hastings

14. Tommy Talau
15. Spencer Lenui
16. Alex Twal
17. Joe Ofanguea
Starting pack looks good.
However, without a competent halfback, I would have Hastings at 7 at this moment.
I wouldn't put Twal on the bench; he is not an impact player. I'd have him as depth only. I know that is not a popular option, I just don't think he offers much.
Tommy Talau should never play first grade again. At least not for us 😆
Spencer Leniu would be amazing.

News/Media round up: - Papali’i confirms he’ll be a Tiger in ‘23. - Staines/Peachey swap for ‘23 to be confirmed in the weeks. WT also interested in Spencer Leniu, who would be pushed out due to cap pressure. - Klemmer toured WT COE, possible 3 year deal from ‘23.

WT keen on bringing junior Nathan Brown back to the club. Eels prepared to contribute to Brown’s salary of 500k in ‘23.

Klemmer has been top 5 in Ave running metres and post contact metres for forwards for over half a decade, including this year. Adding him, Papali’i (most metres and PCM amongst forwards over 21/22) as well as Api, Stefano, Twal is a no brainer for me. Ideally 2yr + Club option

Looks like Api, Isaiah and AD the only top 30 players currently contracted for next year heading to RLWC from WT. Very handy for a squad transitioning to a new coaching staff and style this preseason. Should have most on deck for Day 1 of preseason.

Believe there’s a compulsory 6-8 week (not sure exact length) break players need to take from their final game of the season. Should see the club have a lot of players on deck and a chance to get a leg up when it comes to cohesion and combinations

Evident between Klemmer, Spencer Leniu and Nathan Brown links that WT want a middle forward in for next season. Someone to take it upon themselves to lead. Joffa and Twal more passive workers while Stefano and Pole still establishing themselves.

Not the official word from the man himself

From the Herald:
"When I knocked [the Tigers] back I think I did regret for a week or so afterwards,'' Bellamy said.

''That [the children] was the main reason [for rejecting the Tigers]. I know a lot of people think it wasn't because I then accepted another job, but I made the decision and regretted it and then thought I may never get another chance here so when it came up again so quickly I decided [to do it].

''I really wanted to have a go at being a head coach and I didn't know if I would get another chance if I knocked back this one. Two years [later] would have been ideal [timing] for me, but you just can't pick your times in this caper.''

From Fox Sports

The Tigers also tried their luck with Bellamy but he wasn’t quite ready to move his life so knocked back the offer. At first he wondered if that was the right decision and questioned if he’d ever be offered another head coaching job... and then the Storm called.

“I got an offer off the Tigers too but I knocked that back because at that time my wife wanted our kids to finish school before we moved anywhere so she wasn’t going to come down,” he said.

“But when I did knock that job back I felt like I might not get a (head coaching) offer again. So I was very lucky about six weeks later the Melbourne offer came and I was pretty keen to take it then.”
i stand corrected

Back