Signing Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Tito Santana

Bulldogs won’t be able to afford Klemmer so that’s a pipe dream they’re so tight with there cap and still trying to upgrade Burton and buy a fullback/half won’t waste big money on a forward unless they get rid of TPJ or Thompson and even then it’s still unlikely

Klemmer and Lenui will make our pack complete

8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Api Korisau
10. David Klemmer
11. Shawn Blore
12. Isiah Papalili
13. Jackson Hastings

14. Tommy Talau
15. Spencer Lenui
16. Alex Twal
17. Joe Ofanguea
Yep I think there will be some movement in the off-season especially with Canterbury. I’m pretty sure they’re over the cap so will have to shed.

Also, is it just me or is Reed Mahoney overrated. Geez he is lame. I feel he gets attention because of his white headgear. Like who wears that beside him and Jarrod Croker.

Kikau is a good signing. Would love it if they cant actually afford him and we swoop in and get him.

Eternal Tiger

Are you changing your earlier stated facts now - Or what?

Hindsight is wonderful isn't it?
How would keeping a coach that was looking to get to another club ASAP
(Where his son was the star) and win a couple premierships have worked out do you think??
- Especially when we started to lose a few games...

Tell me how common knowledge the coach is leaving 12 months in advance would help recruitment (Or performance - Of the squad or staff?)

Bennett helps recruitment? How's that working at the Dolphins?

Just bullshit theories / talk and typical history revising here - again...

Article is there...
I respectfully disagree, I feel
Are you changing your earlier stated facts now - Or what?

Hindsight is wonderful isn't it?
How would keeping a coach that was looking to get to another club ASAP
(Where his son was the star) and win a couple premierships have worked out do you think??
- Especially when we started to lose a few games...

Tell me how common knowledge the coach is leaving 12 months in advance would help recruitment (Or performance - Of the squad or staff?)

Bennett helps recruitment? How's that working at the Dolphins?

Just bullshit theories / talk and typical history revising here - again...

Article is there...
I respectfully disagree 👍

teddy23

They'd be trying to offload the Pom to make room for Klemmer - God I hope we don't give them a leg up...
I don't mind Klemmer, Just think he's a nit similar shape to Stefano.... I like a bit of variation in the middle.... So the opposites don't just need to do the same job on the same type player.

Look at the JFH - Leota... RCG and Paulo.
Different shape players.... Make the defence harder.
Rumours they’re after Stephen Crithcon/ Ben Hunt - along with trying to upgrade Burton

They know they need another spine player with Burton to help take the ease off him - if they get rid of TPJ or Thompson I think Ciraldo turns his attention to upgrading that side of things or maybe Liam Martin tbh but that’s just a guess

Klemmer brings aggression and effort - the type a pack can play off the back of he’d be a very very good signing

iofthetigers

Interesting comment re QLD giving it to Sheens yet under his previous watch we established the Keebra Park agreement which was hailed by many across the league including within QLD.
Wasn’t Sheens,although it was someone who was part of his regime, that was more to do with Canberra walking away due to a mandate from the NSWRL with the Tigers stepping in with nothing to fo

clontarfkid

i'd take both of them. I think we have space for both. Mate, add those two and we are starting to look like a Top 8 pack of forwards: Stefano, Api, Klemmer, Leinu, Papalli, Hastings: Blore, Twal, Pole on the bench. I like it!
We desperately need size and power upfront to be close to being competitive...not so worried about body shape etc.Need a strong platform upfront
Id target Klemmer and Leinu,and build the team from there
We dont need more mid sized no 13s like Nathan Brown we have others contracted who will offer more).and .we most definitely dont need the Dogs Pom who is continuosly concussed
Will work out the halves next year,tho Hastings is the priority by daylite.Only one who can make a difference
..and swap Staines for Peach in a heartbeat

hammertime

Klem would be a great addition. With tamou out, we've lost a senior rep. We get Api, but we need more if we're serious about being a development club.

Gildart's comment stuck with me about how much experience the roosters team had.

He would be brilliant for Stef, Pole & Dias coming through. Kelm is who we need.

I would love Spencer too, but we need to be mindful of where we spend the cash. We need an experienced edge backrower that is decent until one of our juniors steps up.

jirskyr

Bellamy didnt come because he demanded silence{W Bennet told him its a good way to test integrity of a club}the great benny alias leaked the news and stuffed that
Not the official word from the man himself

From the Herald:
"When I knocked [the Tigers] back I think I did regret for a week or so afterwards,'' Bellamy said.

''That [the children] was the main reason [for rejecting the Tigers]. I know a lot of people think it wasn't because I then accepted another job, but I made the decision and regretted it and then thought I may never get another chance here so when it came up again so quickly I decided [to do it].

''I really wanted to have a go at being a head coach and I didn't know if I would get another chance if I knocked back this one. Two years [later] would have been ideal [timing] for me, but you just can't pick your times in this caper.''

From Fox Sports

The Tigers also tried their luck with Bellamy but he wasn’t quite ready to move his life so knocked back the offer. At first he wondered if that was the right decision and questioned if he’d ever be offered another head coaching job... and then the Storm called.

“I got an offer off the Tigers too but I knocked that back because at that time my wife wanted our kids to finish school before we moved anywhere so she wasn’t going to come down,” he said.

“But when I did knock that job back I felt like I might not get a (head coaching) offer again. So I was very lucky about six weeks later the Melbourne offer came and I was pretty keen to take it then.”

batboy

Not the official word from the man himself

From the Herald:
"When I knocked [the Tigers] back I think I did regret for a week or so afterwards,'' Bellamy said.

''That [the children] was the main reason [for rejecting the Tigers]. I know a lot of people think it wasn't because I then accepted another job, but I made the decision and regretted it and then thought I may never get another chance here so when it came up again so quickly I decided [to do it].

''I really wanted to have a go at being a head coach and I didn't know if I would get another chance if I knocked back this one. Two years [later] would have been ideal [timing] for me, but you just can't pick your times in this caper.''

From Fox Sports

The Tigers also tried their luck with Bellamy but he wasn’t quite ready to move his life so knocked back the offer. At first he wondered if that was the right decision and questioned if he’d ever be offered another head coaching job... and then the Storm called.

“I got an offer off the Tigers too but I knocked that back because at that time my wife wanted our kids to finish school before we moved anywhere so she wasn’t going to come down,” he said.

“But when I did knock that job back I felt like I might not get a (head coaching) offer again. So I was very lucky about six weeks later the Melbourne offer came and I was pretty keen to take it then.”

I've also read it (From him I believe) That he'd heard some senior players weren't on board with him as head coach at the Tigers back then (Maybe wanted Langmack)
And he took exception to that...

jirskyr

Ivan said he would honour his contract and Coach us in 2019. Wayne said he would come in 2020. Pascoe pulled the trigger by saying no to Bennett and Ivan, and hired Maguire. Another sliding doors moment for WT.
No that's not what happened with Bennett. From Bennett himself:

The problem was, Bennett had a contract with the Broncos until the end of 2020.
“The truth is this; the only team that I ever talked to was the Wests Tigers,‘’ Bennett said.
“There was a three-year deal with them on offer and I would have done the deal with the Tigers if the Broncos were upfront with me and told me they were going to sack me for 2019.
“I gave my word I was staying at the Broncos and I intended to honour my final 12 months, so that’s why I knocked back the Tigers.‘’

Tigers signed Madge after Bennett said he wouldn't leave Broncos early... then a few months later Broncos sacked Bennett anyway, making him available for 2020, but only after Maguire was already signed up.

Reactions: 851

jirskyr

I've also read it (From him I believe) That he'd heard some senior players weren't on board with him as head coach at the Tigers back then (Maybe wanted Langmack)
I think that's just a story? I've never seen Bellamy quoted about that.

batboy

No that's not what happened with Bennett. From Bennett himself:

The problem was, Bennett had a contract with the Broncos until the end of 2020.
“The truth is this; the only team that I ever talked to was the Wests Tigers,‘’ Bennett said.
“There was a three-year deal with them on offer and I would have done the deal with the Tigers if the Broncos were upfront with me and told me they were going to sack me for 2019.
“I gave my word I was staying at the Broncos and I intended to honour my final 12 months, so that’s why I knocked back the Tigers.‘’

Tigers signed Madge after Bennett said he wouldn't leave Broncos early... then a few months later Broncos sacked Bennett anyway, making him available for 2020, but only after Maguire was already signed up.

Exactly This....
History never stops being revised around here - It's almost comical.

batboy

I think that's just a story? I've never seen Bellamy quoted about that.

I have a memory of him talking about it somewhere briefly....
Maybe I invented it, But I swear he mentioned it in passing at some point.
(Didn't make a point of it, Just stammered around it as he does)

jirskyr

I have a memory of him talking about it somewhere briefly....
Maybe I invented it, But I swear he mentioned it in passing at some point.
(Didn't make a point of it, Just stammered around it as he does)
Oh I've definitely heard the story, but considering things like Bellamy, Bennett etc. I've heard 20 stories and none of them quoted from the men themselves.

batboy

Oh I've definitely heard the story, but considering things like Bellamy, Bennett etc. I've heard 20 stories and none of them quoted from the men themselves.

Yeah, The first I'd heard of it was when he mentioned it in the interview....
Was when he was talking about how hard he was on the Storm when he got down there.

As I said, He just mentioned it in passing... Something along the lines of "I heard the whispers that some of the senior players didn't really want me, So I thought no point going there if they don't really want me"

Demps

Staff member
Forum Leader
He said that himself in an interview aye.
Sounds very familiar.