Signing Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

batboy

The money and lifestyle of QLD with his new family will get him over the line

Everything said here certainly has merit....

One thing that has not been considered so much is the Dolphins position

They simply CAN NOT miss Munster.
The whole franchise is hinging on a big signing at this point...

IF (I don't believe they will) They do miss Munster somehow...
They might as well fold it up now.

From their point - They can't miss.... No matter the cost
And I don't believe they will.

Telltails

No surprise it doesn't sound like WTs for Munster... but maybe not Dolphins either

“It's not money,” Munster replied when quizzed about his future.

“I've been lucky enough to be in a competitive team for eight or nine years and played plenty of prelim finals.

“To bow out like we did this year is a sour taste in the mouth, but I just want to make sure that I pick the right decision and play some competitive footy because I hate losing, as everyone does when they play professional sport.

“I want to make sure I'm still enjoying my footy and not losing every week.

The_Panda

You can put a line through him. Thats him saying he wants to stay at Melbourne, but he doesn't want to sound too keen as he needs to get the best offer he can etc, and keep Tigers/Dolphins in too increase the offer.

tony soprano

No surprise it doesn't sound like WTs for Munster... but maybe not Dolphins either

“It's not money,” Munster replied when quizzed about his future.

“I've been lucky enough to be in a competitive team for eight or nine years and played plenty of prelim finals.

“To bow out like we did this year is a sour taste in the mouth, but I just want to make sure that I pick the right decision and play some competitive footy because I hate losing, as everyone does when they play professional sport.

“I want to make sure I'm still enjoying my footy and not losing every week.

Ow yep that rules us out

Doueihi the goat

Does anyone have any more news about Klemmer and Brown's contract situation? There was a story about how the Wests Tigers were very keen on signing Nathan brown, there was also a story about how the tigers were closing in on an offer for David Klemmer. I can't seem to find any other updates. Does anyone have any updates about it?

Mighty_Tiger

Also people forgot that Storm won't release him, so we'd be getting Munster in 2024.

Brooks contract ends in 2023.

That money could go into Munster's contract when he comes (reported 1.1Mill for Brooks)

What could also happen is that we lose Doueihi to Storm when contract time comes, however, if the team is playing good, I doubt he would leave.

Anyway, it's all a pipe dream at the moment.. but I don't see Munster coming.

Also alot of people are focused on Munster playing in the halves.
If he is playing fullback the cash isn't the halves $$$ to play with as we still will need halves.

Right now based on "reports" in 23 Brooks is $1.1M, AD $650k, Hastings $400k.
For 24 not one of those halves are signed so we have $$$ to throw at a player.
Laurie isn't on the Brooks/AD salary but is probably due to be upgraded.

Realistically if we recruit outside for halves we are looking to spend $2M for quality.
If we recruit for a quality fullback it would be 800k+

$1.4M for Munster is a huge punt, it will limit our ability to get someone else pending if the cap stays as is (which projections are it will increase) + he also gets the 10yr benefit in 2yrs time. It's a no brainer though for us to be in the hunt.

Stevec

Sheens likes Tuki ? What . Maybe he should check tapes from 2021 didn't even seem to want to get in the collision .Just stuck arm out etc . Also please no more failed experiments with lightweight cup forwards who played 1st grade last few rounds . The other packs Roosters and Raiders humiliated our pack just steamrolled our lot . Remember the 72-6 and last game 42-0 at half-time
Of note was they catch kick off on their own line and are 10m from our line on the 5th tackle except if they have already scored

pawsandclaws1

Sheens likes Tuki ? What . Maybe he should check tapes from 2021 didn't even seem to want to get in the collision .Just stuck arm out etc . Also please no more failed experiments with lightweight cup forwards who played 1st grade last few rounds . The other packs Roosters and Raiders humiliated our pack just steamrolled our lot . Remember the 72-6 and last game 42-0 at half-time
Of note was they catch kick off on their own line and are 10m from our line on the 5th tackle except if they have already scored
I believe Simpkins has a great deal of potential and will be a great attacking forward for WTs.

rusted-on

To be fair, as much as fans like to label Twal as a 'plodder' you could see the difference in the defensive effort in the middle after Twal was injured. He's not you're athletic powerful front rower we all love to see progress over the advantage line. He won't be the direct reason you score a try in a game, but he will be the guy who prevents 12 being scored...

Every team needs a mix of both. The problem isn't twal.
I totally agree. Twal is the kind of worker that any team needs if they are to win a premiership. He doesn't come up with the flashy plays, but he does his job. He tightens up the middle and he rarely misses. He is also a gentleman...I'm a big fan :)

batboy

I believe Simpkins has a great deal of potential and will be a great attacking forward for WTs.

Kid can offload - That's for sure.

- But he's as slow as a wet week...
Without much aggression, footwork, mobility or agility
I don't know any "attacking" forwards without decent leg speed....
Or something about them.
I don't feel he even really stands out in 20's...

I'd wonder why, Despite him being top 30, And NRL experienced
- He didn't play this year at all....
Meanwhile, We blooded Matamua, Pole, Dias, Kautoga etc.
(Most of those guys aren't even top 30)
Tumeth and some other guys seem to be favoured in front of him?

Surely, If he was rated by anyone... He would have seen 'some' game time?
I've also heard Madge had a lot of faith in him - From players in the squad.

Could be Sheens is trying to get decent money for him, Or up his value by claiming he's wanted?
Who knows....

Either way, He seems a good kid - and I wish him well....
More Matt Groat about him than Aaron Woods as a kid though.