Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Blind Freddy can see that Sheens is firmly focused on the Matt’s hooker from wests, he’s got api starting - rua for ressies / cover, smith also…
If he can get something for Simpkin, my bet would be he’ll move…
He’s not a priority at WT’s it would seem - he’ll be aware of that soon if he isn’t already….
Understand and maybe the kid in reggies is one in a 1000 players to jump up & land it in NRL, I just don't see it happening next 2-3yrs thats all.

Time will tell. Also agree re Simpkin trade benefit, a club out there will see value in him, I doubt Jake would be happy with Api blocking his way for the next 3yrs.

When we signed Smith, i thought it was a backup for 6 and 7. Then people say he can't play till mid round. Others say it's to get an experienced player to lead the kids,in the cup side. Why would you fill a spot with a 30yr old player, if your looking at pathways ? Can someone explain the rational ?

When we signed Smith, i thought it was a backup for 6 and 7. Then people say he can't play till mid round. Others say it's to get an experienced player to lead the kids,in the cup side. Why would you fill a spot with a 30yr old player, if your looking at pathways ? Can someone explain the rational ?
It's a train and trial contract. He's not blocking anyone's pathway. If a kid can't get a spot in NSW cup over him then they're not good enough yet.

You have to have some old heads in your reserve grade side. See last year: we went from one of the top NSW cup teams to running second last. The difference? We moved on a bunch of experienced players in favour of kids. It didn't work out and some of those kids would have found it tough.

I'd take Brown and keep Simpkin.
Give the Slimey's nothing at all.
Unless it is some useless nuffie that we can suck the Eels into taking so that we don't use up a top 30 spot.

. . . . . . . and of course, Eels really do suck.

Smith also never took the line on from memory....always distributing and never let himself get tackled.
Could organise the bejesus out of an attack, but with those forwards he could do whatever and not worry about getting belted in tackles.
Wouldn't want to dirty or crease the dinner suit.

Smith also never took the line on from memory....always distributing and never let himself get tackled.
Could organise the bejesus out of an attack, but with those forwards he could do whatever and not worry about getting belted in tackles.
Yes he did lol he scored heaps of tries from dummyhalf

I can't mate. Hang on are you related to Pauleen Hanson 🤣

That was 2 years ago, a lot has changed since, Brown is not the same physically now, otherwise Parra wouldn’t be shopping him around, especially after losing 3 back rowers.
I thought he was on too much dough there? isnt his culling a financial decision?

Reactions: 851
Back