Signing Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

jadtiger

I'm sick of reading this dead set load of crap
- The "Kid" had a poor game..... So What?
Was man of the match or there abouts the week before wasn't he?
People speak about it like he had bets on the game....
Maybe his head wasn't in it, Maybe he just had a poor game - Maybe the opposition frustrated him, shut him down or some such.

To claim he "Deliberately Tanked" to get a release like you're his mum and he told you a secret
is just garbage.

I've also seen Benji Marshall play so poorly you could assume he was being paid,
Assuming it and claiming it as fact are on opposite sides of the galaxy.

I disagree

batboy

My opinion and it is your opinion that is wasn't

Well, If it is your opinion, Claim it as such....

Stating it fact like, when you have no idea
- is hogwash.

Bloke going out there and deliberately shiteing on his best mates and team mates...
I'm not buying.

Are they though? When we resigned Brooks after 2018 on a huge $ deal did anyone know if he or Mitch Moses were the better player? Fast forward 4 years and we are thinking of repeating the past on a guy who has ‘proven’ himself in a top 4 team. What if he’s still the same guy who left us when he’s in a bottom 4 team? Another long term half on too much $!!!!
I have always thought Moses was the better player, and it's not even close, I still think that

batboy

Can't hide the fact he also came out and played the mental health card to get his own way...

Did he, Or did everyone else?
Benny, His management....

I know he spoke on it later, From memory it was moreso that it was hard because of the uncertainty...

Bones

I don't really want to wade into this ....but I think if a person wants to come out and make claims about being in the know they should at least own it when they are wrong ...if your not prepared to own your misinformation ...then don't post it ....Fair ????
Why does it matter though?

For example Pom posted that Brooks management advised the club he intended to sign with Newcastle. Now he’s copping it from some.

None of us know if that happened or not, but I do know that when contacts are being negotiated what is true today may not be true tomorrow, and what one party believes is true may not be true to the other. So if they are going to get hammered for posting what they hear, why would they bother?

Better to say nothing and not cop the flack, which doesn’t make for a great forum.

tigermate

This is a “rumors” thread.

Nothing is guaranteed until its signed, sealed and delivered meaning any rumour can change no matter how solid it is.

Therefore if people don’t want speculation aka rumors - you may as well wait until things are signed and you read about it in the media.

Some people on this forum are hear for the speculation but want people to apologize if their information is incorrect ??

Why would anyone post anything if they have to apologize particularly to people that are ungrateful.

I suggest if you want solid info wait for the media, otherwise stop complaining and hammering people who post what they hear.

Tim Sheens

Maybe you are right, but doesn't take away the fact in my opinion Moses was always and still is a better player than Brooks

Marginally, but yes as a footy player, and I have always shared the same opinion.

Not much between them, but as a whole person, Brooks easily the pick of the two.

batboy

For example Pom posted that Brooks management advised the club he intended to sign with Newcastle. Now he’s copping it from some.
Not sure that's the case, I think it's more that some have extended on that and taking it as gospel...
I have no doubt that may have happened, It happens all the time....
The thing is, Even if it had happened - It would have come through his management and even that doesn't make it factual.

Munster was going to the dolphins for 3 months before he re-signed at the Storm.
Luke Lewis was done at the Tigers before he flipped to the Sharks at the death

Jedi_Tiger

Maybe you are right, but doesn't take away the fact in my opinion Moses was always and still is a better player than Brooks
don't agree bit there you go, since Moses left he has had a very good team to work with good forwards and backs Brooks has had rubbish to work with
Brooks will kill it with the 2023 team and 2024 team being built