Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He may also have thoughts of developing a solid combo with Burton as a possible pathway to origin selection?
Moses is really unlikely to play Origin regardless which team he plays for. If he stays at Eels or heads to Tigers or Bulldogs, as long as Cleary is ready to play, Moses won’t be in contention for Origin. He may get picked to go into camp in case an injury does happen at the last minute, but he will never be selected as long as Luai or Cleary are both ready.

Marshall is the key to this potential signing. He seems to have a great rapport with players which is a huge advantage in a tough player market.

It will all be about money and aspirations.

The Bulldogs are building well & he has a good support cast, he has also been playing with Mahoney last few years so the 9 combo is in place. They are building to be competitive quickly.

For us sure we have Api, Papa and Klem but we have no backs of note and Brooks isn't close to Burton. We are building differently to the Bulldogs and will take a few years to be competitive.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Bulldogs 5yrs later finally get Moses

Moses is really unlikely to play Origin regardless which team he plays for. If he stays at Eels or heads to Tigers or Bulldogs, as long as Cleary is ready to play, Moses won’t be in contention for Origin. He may get picked to go into camp in case an injury does happen at the last minute, but he will never be selected as long as Luai or Cleary are both ready.
Quite likely. We did see JAC's origin hopes take a nosedive when he joined the spooners?

Issac doing a great job for his client.

Eels been told if they increase their offer he'll stay.
Dogs been told if they increase their offer he'll sign
Tigers been told Mitch is keen and wants to come early for 2023 if he can get a release.

Issac Moses is the big winner
, if this falls through because he is playing games to get Mitchell a better deal and there isn't any genuine interest there, then we should do what the Roosters did and blacklist his organisation and not look at any of his represented players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 851
Gus has been quoted as saying ‘you sign them all and fit them in later’
Sign them all, take all the top players off the market and fit them in the salary cap come November/December, gus is smart that's exactly how to do it, if other clubs can't see that well they'll be left with scraps

To be fair though at the time he wasn’t playing like he was at the Storm. But I think JAC will get picked next Origin series if fit. He goes to another level in Origin and NSW and Freddy made the mistake of not having him.
Anyway, the point that Im trying to make is... those thoughts/ beliefs in the players mind are rated with much more importance than anything you or I, or mostly anyone else thinks. Although Gus may have the inside running in a race to origin?

Reactions: 851
Anyway, the point that Im trying to make is... those thoughts/ beliefs in the players mind are rated with much more importance than anything you or I, or mostly anyone else thinks. Although Gus may have the inside running in a race to origin?
Don’t know if Gus would have the inside anymore but I could be wrong. Just have to wait and see I guess.

Bulldogs released Corey Allen if rumours are accurate from about October, he’ll be a Rooster next year. That would also help free up cap space for them.

No inside info or anything, I see Moses staying on at Parra. They're not without their connections also. I reckon if they get close he'll stay.

No inside info or anything, I see Moses staying on at Parra. They're not without their connections also. I reckon if they get close he'll stay.
Just really depends on what he wants to do. If his goal is to still win a premiership, he’ll leave as he knows that the window for them is closed. If he’s just after money all 3 clubs have a chance probably who makes the highest offer. But if he wants a premiership, it’ll be between Tigers and Bulldogs as both clubs are on the up.

Thank Goodness some of you guys aren’t in charge of recruitment. I mean we came last and haven’t made the 8 in over a decade . How on earth could it be a win win if we lose out on Moses? We generally struggle to recruit stars and Moses could be the first of many potential signings. A whole culture change for the club.

Don't imagine that's got much to do with Moses
- They've got more outside backs than they know what to do with, Most an upgrade on Allen
Adding they've just signed Xerri for 24....

Surprised it took so long for him to be moved on, Has done nothing there.
Been trying to move him on for a while aye....

Staff online

Back