Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The last time they played a full season together they were the youngest halves pair in the comp and took us to 9th. We should have made finals, and may well have if we weren’t carrying a guy who was betting against us.

There are plenty of reasons to expect that they would be a far better pairing now.
Plus we had the two of them in the wrong positions. That season our best games by miles was when Brooks was injured and Moses ran the show

Depends on the money. Not sure hel go great outside his 'crew'. Rather Herbie Farnsworth only be ause hel put in every game.
Spot on. And I'd say his crew make him look better than he is. He'd be best staying there, he's not the marquee player he's being made out to be.

Fingers crossed we don't need plan B but not many options out there really.
Maybe George Williams or bringing in a youngster.
IF Dog's get moses I say have a red hot crack at Crichton so they don't get both or at least have to pay for it.

There's only not many options if you're thinking a player will join us for 2023.

Reactions: 851
Maybe - but where I have read Simpkin is gone in the media…
I’m looking at the players we’ve signed, the players we have coming through and the players we have - stenciling that with the spots and opportunities available and factoring in some Common sense…
I would be surprised if Simpkin hasn't been given a tap on the shoulder. For whatever reason, he has offered nothing despite all the raps when he signed. Options now look much better than him.

Bones was talking about 2016. You said that year when Brooks was injured were our best games. Brooks missed 2 games through injury.
The played as a partnership for more than 1 season. It was clear as day Moses should have always been the one at 7. Brooks doesn't direct, hell he doesn't even speak

• Love
Reactions: 851
Plus we had the two of them in the wrong positions. That season our best games by miles was when Brooks was injured and Moses ran the show
Why is it that no one takes the hint?
Disregard the u15's coach who put Brooks at halfback and Moses at 5/8. Swap them around... I have zero idea why they were not changed....

Otherwise Punt Brooks for Moses and have Doueihi pair with Moses if we want (or take a punt on someone else).

FYI, I love Brooks. He cannot play Halfback.

Crichton, good hands, good defence, solid player, but not a fullback, Fullbacks need to be agressive, Langlands, Thornett.Eadie, Jack, Slater , Tommy , Teddy and others were implosive players, Crichton is not that style.

Personally I think there’s no chance of chrichton here. But I think he would go well in the 1 jersey.

Back