Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Two things:

There’s no way Moses hasn’t been involved in a meeting with us, he has put a deadline for 3 weeks max - going to assume he doesn’t want to announce it in the lead up of the week to round 1 so it’ll probs be done any day from now til 14 days official. You’d assume with a decision so close on the “biggest of your life” he’d have has a tour of the club done before this timeframe.

Side note, the fact he brought up his past experiences of handling contracts and acknowledging being in the wrong - obvs referring to us is maybe sending a msg to Wests Tigers fans to potentially accept him if he comes??.... just something to consider

Secondly, I understand why some people may not be in favour of him going due to our previous dealings with him - however, the magnitude of this signing can’t be ignored.

He’s arguably a top 3 halfback in the comp right now and is exactly what this clubs needs in order from people looking at us as a potential 10-12 team on our day - if Moses comes alongside Api (arguably the best hooker in the game) and Papalili (arguably best second rower in the game) - then you add the mongrel and experience of David Klemmer and John Bateman to lead the way for all our current crops and exciting future of Pole, Stefano, Faguata, Blore, Joffa, Jordan Miller etc. To our current crop now with AD, Laurie and Brooks.

We may be looked at under the right coaching as a potential competition threat, the whole way the tigers are viewed changes significantly if Moses come - recruitment wise with a fresh new talented team with plenty of players who can attract talent, our new faculties and the idea of potentially being coached by Benji could make us a massive draw
Good post . For me, he went when Cleary came in, and they lost 3 of the ‘big’ 4. We don’t know whether if the Sheens era had continued, or had been passed down , we may never have lost him (and Teddy ) in the first place . I still feel our downfall was losing Prince, in circumstances that later proved to be ‘shady’. And that was the start of the slide which culminated through several ‘errors ‘ to eventually the bus driver, who despite all our good faith , lost us our best players then drove the bus off a cliff . He lost our best players , signed big dollar players who didn’t deliver long term, then parted ways half way through his Deal.

Not wanting to go off subject, but I am just saying, to me Mitch returning home is undoing a wrong in the first place. It’s correcting history .

That aside, what his play offers us is enormous and a quick jump into top 8, perhaps even top 4, contention.

I hope we sign him up

Does anyone truly believe players leave it all in the hands of their managers? I get the negotiating part but to pretend that they are not fully aware of what is going on and are the ones making decisions about their careers, is infuriating.

Good way to let the constant Q's that
get asked go through to the keeper
I suppose. The way this has all played
out makes me think he's gone tbh.
Announcing it before the season starts
will deflect a lot of attention on him,
he knows he has another season to
play with the eels too. I think the writing
is on the wall, I dunno. Maybe he hasn't
quite come to terms with his imminent
decision either. It would be a lot to digest
for him. Big decision 4 him 2 make

Live on fox sport, Moses and Brooks, only caught the last 30seconds. Moses said answer before rd 1, Sitting next to Brooks in west tigers gear, -- only for a laugh. Tune in if you can,i only caught the end.

Each to our own but I was extremely proud Brooks and Moses came through Balmain to the WTs. Both obvious NRL halves produced from our juniors. I will be very pleased if he decides to return to our club. I watched him on 9 news and he looked very uncomfortable answering questions.

Two schools of thought. It’s sorted and they are just dealing we the particulars, easing their way into an announcement.
Or they are certain that Parramatta is his future and they are trying to get the best deal out of them.
I’m not sure how his manager would be able to advise him about where he is likely to play his best football?
Hmm, NaN - I highly doubt that this is about where he will "play his best football". I see this as being more about securing his financial future for him & his family (which includes his uncle Isaac).

One thing really worries me is his age and his physical well-being. It was only last year that he missed a number of games due to a back injury. You only have one spine folks. MM is no certainty to last a new 4-year campaign.

Offer him a Million and make his KPI's a set of measurable outcomes to incentivise his performance. E.g. for every 40-20 in a game $10K. For every goal kicked $5K. For every try assist $5K etc. The Players Association should have done this sort of KPI process years ago instead of feathering Newton's own nest. imho.

Hmm, NaN - I highly doubt that this is about where he will "play his best football". I see this as being more about securing his financial future for him & his family (which includes his uncle Isaac).

One thing really worries me is his age and his physical well-being. It was only last year that he missed a number of games due to a back injury. You only have one spine folks. MM is no certainty to last a new 4-year campaign.

Offer him a Million and make his KPI's a set of measurable outcomes to incentivise his performance. E.g. for every 40-20 in a game $10K. For every goal kicked $5K. For every try assist $5K etc. The Players Association should have done this sort of KPI process years ago instead of feathering Newton's own nest. imho.
It was in the report that Teddy23 posted. Said he is letting his manager make the decision that allows him to play his best football.
It could of been poorly re quoted by the journalilst and was meant to say he is letting his manager deal with it, that allows (me) to play my best football.

I wonder how valuable Parramatta see him also.
I mean there are times where it looks like he keeps Dylan Brown quiet and maybe they might be happier having a half that can let Brown play more of the field.
Parramatta want Sualili... personally reckon they’ll get him too. The Pensini factor is underrated as well.

Might have that as a back up option with spare $ to try sweeten that deal and give him/Brown the keys. - hence there reluctance to go up from their $1.1 million offer as it stands.

Small snippet in the article which I found interesting:

“I’ve handled the talk about it [better]. I’ve blocked everything out, my management worries about those things. It allows me to focus on Parramatta and train good here, not come to training and be affected by what’s going to happen.

“I haven’t felt any pressure. I’ve handled it a lot better than in the past, you learn from those past negotiations and contract talks. Whatever happens, happens, I guess.”

The other selling point is the chance to reunite with former halves partner Luke Brooks, who has been encouraging Moses to make the shift.

“Me and Brooksy speak a lot, we’re best mates,” Moses said. “We speak all the time about everything. We’ve had a few conversations, me and Brooksy. My full focus this year is on Parramatta.

“Hopefully we get something sorted before the start of the year … You see all the talk but it hasn’t really come to me, I haven’t had to think about that side of it yet.”

Parramatta want Sualili... personally reckon they’ll get him too. The Pensini factor is underrated as well.

Might have that as a back up option with spare $ to try sweeten that deal and give him/Brown the keys. - hence there reluctance to go up from their $1.1 million offer as it stands.
ROFL. Sualili would make Parramatta's entire team total Money Grubs!

Look not saying Sualili wouldn't go well. They could punt Clint Gutho for him or something...
But Sualili's 1 year contracts would suit Matterson "why pay a $4000 fine, ill miss 3 games thanks" + Guthos/Moses/etc money whinging.

One major reason we don't want Moses is because it will be Money first. Happy to have Moses if he wanted to be here. I don't think he does, and we shoudn't bribe him here!

Sua'ali'i is going to be a the next rugby
union marquee at 1 million a season.
Parra haven't got an invite to the party lol

ROFL. Sualili would make Parramatta's entire team total Money Grubs!

Look not saying Sualili wouldn't go well. They could punt Clint Gutho for him or something...
But Sualili's 1 year contracts would suit Matterson "why pay a $4000 fine, ill miss 3 games thanks" + Guthos/Moses/etc money whinging.

One major reason we don't want Moses is because it will be Money first. Happy to have Moses if he wanted to be here. I don't think he does, and we shoudn't bribe him here!

Api, Bateman, Stef, Joe & Papa came because we offered the most at the time. Heck even AD got a massive offer from us. Guess you won’t like them either……

Small snippet in the article which I found interesting:

“I’ve handled the talk about it [better]. I’ve blocked everything out, my management worries about those things. It allows me to focus on Parramatta and train good here, not come to training and be affected by what’s going to happen.

“I haven’t felt any pressure. I’ve handled it a lot better than in the past, you learn from those past negotiations and contract talks. Whatever happens, happens, I guess.”

The other selling point is the chance to reunite with former halves partner Luke Brooks, who has been encouraging Moses to make the shift.

“Me and Brooksy speak a lot, we’re best mates,” Moses said. “We speak all the time about everything. We’ve had a few conversations, me and Brooksy. My full focus this year is on Parramatta.

“Hopefully we get something sorted before the start of the year … You see all the talk but it hasn’t really come to me, I haven’t had to think about that side of it yet.”

Giving nothing away

I’ve studied body language for 25 years and watched the MM interview on CH9 sports segment tonight….if you look closely when he speaks about Brooks, his face lights up….Brooks has spoken about their joint desire to play together again….it’s this contract now or never..

I’ve studied body language for 25 years and watched the MM interview on CH9 sports segment tonight….if you look closely when he speaks about Brooks, his face lights up….Brooks has spoken about their joint desire to play together again….it’s this contract now or never..
He touches his nose in this clip, which everyone knows is a clear sign of either hiding a secret or lying.

I’ve studied body language for 25 years 😂

Back