Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1496099) said:
@pablox said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1496098) said:
@tigerman-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1496077) said:
He won’t play for us for 1.5m

He's dumber than I thought

Not really. He’ll still make plenty of money wherever he ends up and actually have some success to go along with it.

This is what players who come to WT don’t compute. Two years on mega big bucks in a losing side and your reputation is now mud. Should have had 5 years on what you were worth.

@demps said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1496140) said:
@tigerskins said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1496124) said:
There's talk that Hodgo still might come to us by doing a player swap with Hodgson for Liddle .. ?? Then Liddle returning to Tigers when Hodgo retires .. ?? Yes or No .. ??

Did you make this up in your mind?
He didn't.
Josh Hodgson’s mooted move to the Tigers has been thrown into doubt after Tom Starling was charged by police for the second time in two years.

However Brent Read reported on Triple M, Hodgson’s deal is too far down the path and the clubs may discuss a swap deal as an alternative.

“Starling is facing charges which casts a shadow over him particularly if the NRL decides to sanction him and he may miss the start of next season, Read said on Triple M.

“That could have ramifications for Josh Hodgson, but I don’t think it will.

“I just think that deal has gone too far down the path for them to wind it back now.

“The Raiders have given Josh Hodgson genuine hope that he would be able to go to the Tigers and get an extra year and extend his career.

“He is such an influential guy at the Raiders that if he is unhappy it just won’t work.

“Even though the Starling issue has happened and it may impact on it my gut feel is it won’t because I just think it has gone too far.”

The problem for the Raiders is that they are low on depth at hooker, but Read believes a player swap between Hodgson and Jacob Liddle could be a solution.

“That is the issue because Sivila Havili has now moved to the Rabbitohs so they don’t have depth there,” Read said.

“I would imagine they would have to go to market to sign an experienced hooker.

“They will save around $500,000 on Hodgson so that gives them some money to go out and maybe sign a back-up hooker for $100,000 and it still gives them plenty of money to spend.

“Maybe they look at a guy like Jacob Liddle if Hodgson goes to the Tigers. Maybe they bring him into the Raiders system for a couple of years and then Liddle goes back to the Tigers when Hodgson retires.”

These journalists just made it up in their mind?

Lol, same scenario just played out with Momorovski...

He left... then he came back.

Journalists... wow.

Over last 2-3 years Our recruitment people have been draging their feet and if what I read and hear lot of this can be attributed to Hartigans unwillingness to shift away from his recruitment methodology.
This must change and more reasonable and flexible approach be implemented by Sheens and Madge.
Current situation where Sheens travel delays are running interference …l is also very unhelpful.
It’s a bad look all round.

Im still not understanding the hooker situation when we need backrowers and centres. Wasn't this liddles first season without a major injury aswell .dont get me wrong I like hodgson as a player but surely we won't pay OVERS. And big luce no more then 500k a season

@momo_amp_medo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1496153) said:
Over last 2-3 years Our recruitment people have been draging their feet and if what I read and hear lot of this can be attributed to Hartigans unwillingness to shift away from his recruitment methodology.
This must change and more reasonable and flexible approach be implemented by Sheens and Madge.
Current situation where Sheens travel delays are running interference …l is also very unhelpful.
It’s a bad look all round.

Id emphasize “reasonable” and I am quite comfortable moving forward.

@loklok said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1496155) said:
Im still not understanding the hooker situation when we need backrowers and centres. Wasn't this liddles first season without a major injury aswell .dont get me wrong I like hodgson as a player but surely we won't pay OVERS. And big luce no more then 500k a season

We need first grade level leadership and he is apparently available.

@pascoes_barber said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1496154) said:
Nah. Liddle not in the club’s plans apparently, he wouldn’t be coming back. Plus we have Simpkin.

Just because we have him shouldn’t give him the right of passage. Imo liddle and Simpkin can duke it out for the bench spot. Hungry and ready to fill the void when they get a chance

@craigtob said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1496159) said:
If and when L.L leaves do we have anybody in mind ready to take his place?

Blore, Garner and Tuilagi…..

Red88_tiger is right there should be no easy pass for liddle to go coming through our juniors.like I said he was finally injure free this year and only 24yrs old

@fish88 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1495693) said:
Luch is barely a starter. No other club will pay close to 700 a year for him.

The fact he is seeking that from the WT shows he has little affiliation for club and is purely motivated by money….not fussed if he leaves….hope the club doesn’t bow to his demands

@tigerap said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1496173) said:
@fish88 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1495693) said:
Luch is barely a starter. No other club will pay close to 700 a year for him.

The fact he is seeking that from the WT shows he has little affiliation for club and is purely motivated by money….not fussed if he leaves….hope the club doesn’t bow to his demands

He got a showcase package, duration: 6 minutes on the doco.

@loklok said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1496155) said:

He adds a bit more class/creativity in the spine

Couldn't help laughing at the LL reporting. Doubt its true, but apparently asked for an upgrade for next year and if given, will negotiate a 4 YEAR EXTENSION! Until end of 2026?
Lol, where is the incentive in that scenario for the club.
No way anyonr with the surname Leilua should ever get longer than a 2 year contract. They lose motivation very quickly.

Back