Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Talent lost under Madge’s watch:
Ryan Matterson - not everyone’s cup of tea. But the one and only year he was here nearly made the 8 and he had his best season in NRL.

Luciano Leilua - arguably our best forward. Reckons he loves Madge and one of the few players who has improved. Massive offer from Cowboys but why wasn’t he locked away on a better deal earlier.

Kelma Tuilagi - Killed it in NSW cup last year and was only given a 1 year extension for 22. Manly swooped. If you watched cup games last year he was scoring a lot tries and a handful for opposition teams. Not sure why he wasn’t offered minimum 2 year deal.

Benji Marshall - Moved on from the club. Again we didn’t improve at all. If anything went backwards.

Josh Mow my lawn Aloai - he was a tough player, had an error in him but offers a lot more than what we have currently.

Not sure what we can do to turn this around. This ship has sunk to new lows.

You forgot to mention
Packer
Mbye
Reynolds
McQueen

Due to overspending their cap that’s what has landed them all those players and that’s why Kikau and Mahoney haven’t been announced yet by the Dogs they have to offload players to fit them in their cap not due to Barrett being a good coach now under a good coach Dogs could be a force again but they ain’t doing it with Barrett that’s why its only a matter of time before he gets sacked too

I have a feeling the deck chairs will go something like this

Morris - Tigers (prefer Ciraldo)
Madge - Bulldogs
Barrett - Assistant at a club again

I have a feeling the deck chairs will go something like this

Morris - Tigers (prefer Ciraldo)
Madge - Bulldogs
Barrett - Assistant at a club again
Morris - Tigers I believe is going to happen
Madge - Bulldogs I doubt it most likely Ciraldo
Barrett - Assistant somewhere else I reckon as well

Were those 4 big losses though? They didn’t stand out in a good way when they were here

My point exactly....
But they were here - And now they're not....
mostly left while under a contract - recruited by Cleary, In a cap juggled by Madge.
while he tried to stay competitive.
I swear because people can't see them, they think they don't exist.

imagine the players we could have had, Or the upgrades we could have given the other mentioned players leaving if we weren't still paying for Ivans garbage!!

You forgot to mention
Packer
Mbye
Reynolds
McQueen
🤣🤣 a premiership winning coach signed 3 of them and Old mate Jason Taylor. I know everyone hates JT, but the team was better when he was coach 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sorry Demps. Anyone who watched Dufty yesterday would never claim Dufty over Laurie. Laurie has been average this year for sure but Dufty yesterday put in a performance which was not just bad, it was unacceptable by a professional
Hence why Griffin moved him on. There is usually a reason

Not Dufty. His performance against the Panthers was unacceptable by a professional. First half he had 2 runs for a total of 1 metre when Dylan Edwards had well over 100m. Add in his 5 errors and inability to read what the opposition is going in defence (3 tries to Penrith through holes caused by Dufty). Bloke is dreadful
Dufty is legit the worst FB playing first grade. Questionable attitute and his performance last night goes beyond someone just having a bad night. Until 60th min he'd run for 2m and 46m for the match. Without factoring in all the errors he also made, that's not first grade standard.

Pascoe brought him in along with Roberts Madge wasn’t present when negotiations were happening same as when he went to training and Daine was there first day he didn’t even know who he was and why he was there Pascoe making those moves without his knowledge

Not defending Madge btw but Pascoe shouldn’t be doing these decisions
Mate, you need to re-evaluate the validity of 'sources', someone's taken you for a ride here....

Wouldn't matter who the coach is if we have a team that as you suggest are playing 30%,- 40% of their ability. If that doesn't emphasise why good players don't want a bar of us I don't know what does.
A new coach, may be able to connect with them. If someone can light a fire within them, motivate them get back to 80-90% then that will steady the ship and help with recruitment. Madge cannot achieve this. He's been trying for 4 years and the players just get worse.

Talent lost under Madge’s watch:
Ryan Matterson - not everyone’s cup of tea. But the one and only year he was here nearly made the 8 and he had his best season in NRL.

Luciano Leilua - arguably our best forward. Reckons he loves Madge and one of the few players who has improved. Massive offer from Cowboys but why wasn’t he locked away on a better deal earlier.

Kelma Tuilagi - Killed it in NSW cup last year and was only given a 1 year extension for 22. Manly swooped. If you watched cup games last year he was scoring a lot tries and a handful for opposition teams. Not sure why he wasn’t offered minimum 2 year deal.

Benji Marshall - Moved on from the club. Again we didn’t improve at all. If anything went backwards.

Josh Mow my lawn Aloai - he was a tough player, had an error in him but offers a lot more than what we have currently.

Not sure what we can do to turn this around. This ship has sunk to new lows.
All these players except Benji were enticed away from the Weststigers by lucractive payments, which we could not or would not match - due to our salary cap. The figures reported were way over what most ppl on this forum thought was fair value. I don’t blame the players one bit. I personally, would have offered Matterson more, like Weststigers did. However, Parramatta offered more over an extended period. He could not wait to be rewarded by our club. Go Weststigers!

Mate, you need to re-evaluate the validity of 'sources', someone's taken you for a ride here....
Pascoe has made decisions without Madge’s knowledge Madge wasn’t in the cafe when Pascoe met with Roberts and he didn’t see him until he signed on with us he didn’t even know Daine was coming a year early should have corrected that he knew Daine was signed on but originally it was for this year he didn’t even know the club swapped him and Momo around until a few days before it was officially announced and Tamou while it seems he’s one of Madge’s supporters he originally wasn’t pursuing him that was Pascoe too I’m not defending Madge btw but trying to show that not everything that has happened in terms of recruitment is all on him he still will probably get sacked but I hope Pascoe is done with trying to sign players here and let Sheens take care of that now

All these players except Benji were enticed away from the Weststigers by lucractive payments, which we could not or would not match - due to our salary cap. The figures reported were way over what most ppl on this forum thought was fair value. I don’t blame the players one bit. I personally, would have offered Matterson more, like Weststigers did. However, Parramatta offered more over an extended period. He could not wait to be rewarded by our club. Go Weststigers!
Matto was only 1 year into a 3 year deal, legally he shouldn't have even been talking with other clubs let alone signing with them. He went from being a fringe first grader at Chooks to being a fringe Origin player in one season. He then valued himself much higher than the 3yr deal he signed. He seemed to also take exception to being asked to play when not fully recovered from injury.

Morris - Tigers I believe is going to happen
Madge - Bulldogs I doubt it most likely Ciraldo
Barrett - Assistant somewhere else I reckon as well

I agree i think Morris ends up here especially now Sheens is here, Ciraldo is a lock in at the dogs i reckon too Gus will mould him. Barrett is a pretender always has been and Madge no one on these shores will touch him again not for a very long time anyway.

I agree i think Morris ends up here especially now Sheens is here, Ciraldo is a lock in at the dogs i reckon too Gus will mould him. Barrett is a pretender always has been and Madge no one on these shores will touch him again not for a very long time anyway.
Sheens was and probably still is a big fan of Morris he didn’t want to lose him as a player when he was with us but was stuck behind Farah smart footballer too so I reckon that’s why we have been linked to him is due to Sheens

Members online

No members online now.
Back