Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

you forgot Kikau and Mahoney - both would be on 600k +
Mahoney is overrated. I remember being at a family BBQ, before the 2020 season and Covid, and overhearing my Parra supporter cousin going on about how he was the next Qld hooker. Suddenly Harry emerged, and Mahoney can’t even get a bench spot.

This is the "ferrari" we should be chasing for our future fullback role! Benji style steps in there!

Unfortunately he is contracted until end of 2024 at the Storm, but will be stuck behind Papenhuyzen when he returns next year. Fonua Pole must be mates with him, as he posted highlights on his instagram.

News Corp understands Storm officials have also held talks with the Tigers over whether they would consider lending Melbourne any outside back for the remainder of the season – Storm coach Craig Bellamy and Tigers head of football Tim Sheens have a relationship dating back more than 30 years to their time together in Canberra.

Winger Ken Maumalo is believed to be of interest to the Storm, although their priority remains the electrifying Walsh, with discussions around Campbell proving fruitless at this stage.

I’d be happy for that to happen even take nofo might help him develop his defence
Did you see Melbournes defence out wide last night - they are a rabble. Nofo would fit in well.

BENJI MAKING MOVES

Incoming Wests Tigers coach Benji Marshall has reportedly contacted Roosters superstar James Tedesco about returning to Concord.

The Tigers announced this month that Marshall will take over Tim Sheens as the Tigers head coach in 2025 and he’s wasted no time on the recruiting front.

Marshall has already sounded out Eels superstar Mitchell Moses and now also wants his former Tigers teammate Tedesco to return.

Marshall has made his intentions to Tedesco clear via text, according to the SMH.

However the same report said Tedesco’s management claimed they have not heard from Marshall or the Tigers.

Tedesco is contracted at the Roosters until the end of 2024.

This is the "ferrari" we should be chasing for our future fullback role! Benji style steps in there!

Unfortunately he is contracted until end of 2024 at the Storm, but will be stuck behind Papenhuyzen when he returns next year. Fonua Pole must be mates with him, as he posted highlights on his instagram.
Sheensy would be wetting himself over these videos.

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I read on another site today that Nathan Brown has been signed by us for 2023. The article was mainly discussing Aaron Wood's possible return and had the Brown reference tagged on to the end. For me I would be happy if Brown came. He is like 29 or maybe thirty, but he still has a huge motor. I think we have really missed players like this since ET and Eisenhuth left us. They did not offer a lot in attack, but were always covering holes in defence - Brown reminds me of this. Thoughts??

BENJI MAKING MOVES

Incoming Wests Tigers coach Benji Marshall has reportedly contacted Roosters superstar James Tedesco about returning to Concord.

The Tigers announced this month that Marshall will take over Tim Sheens as the Tigers head coach in 2025 and he’s wasted no time on the recruiting front.

Marshall has already sounded out Eels superstar Mitchell Moses and now also wants his former Tigers teammate Tedesco to return.

Marshall has made his intentions to Tedesco clear via text, according to the SMH.

However the same report said Tedesco’s management claimed they have not heard from Marshall or the Tigers.

Tedesco is contracted at the Roosters until the end of 2024.
I would blow my load

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I read on another site today that Nathan Brown has been signed by us for 2023. The article was mainly discussing Aaron Wood's possible return and had the Brown reference tagged on to the end. For me I would be happy if Brown came. He is like 29 or maybe thirty, but he still has a huge motor. I think we have really missed players like this since ET and Eisenhuth left us. They did not offer a lot in attack, but were always covering holes in defence - Brown reminds me of this. Thoughts??
I would not say no to Brown, got a big of agro which we desperately need, as long as its not overs id be in for Brown

He's not looking to bring him back in 2025 mate,
Roosters have a "World class" Fullback to replace him with - Right now....
And another one coming in a couple years behind him.

By taking Tedesco now - We'd actually be helping the Roosters with their succession plans.
My thoughts exactly. It 💯 would be for next season.

I don’t see Roosters letting Tedesco go

They aren’t doing that well in the halves department and would be silly to fiddle further with the spine

If the halves had clicked, sure, but don’t see it happening right now

Re Brown, apparently he isn’t doing that well fitness wise, not excited

Bring back Moses and Tedesco though

look out for Skelton coming through the dogs reserve side

Round 17: 8 runs, 76m, 5 tackle busts in 21 minutes
Round 18: 19 runs, 189m, 10 tackle busts, 2 tries 2 line breaks in 80mins
Round 19: 14 runs, 239m, 1 try 1 line break, 15 tackle busts in 80mins
unreal numbers

Big Will Skelton's cousin, was a beast in the Aussie 7's circuit. Didn't make the transition to XV a side and couldn't get a look in. Would definitely keep my eyes out on him those numbers he's putting up don't suprise me at all. Dogs are stacked for outside backs and he's only on a train and trial deal. It will be interesting to see what they do, especially if they land Crichton.

He's not looking to bring him back in 2025 mate,
Roosters have a "World class" Fullback to replace him with - Right now....
And another one coming in a couple years behind him.

By taking Tedesco now - We'd actually be helping the Roosters with their succession plans.
I would love it to happen but extremely unlikely as he is the Captain.

I would not say no to Brown, got a big of agro which we desperately need, as long as its not overs id be in for Brown

Needs to adjust his attitude - and face the reality of where he and his game are at.
Has fallen out with his coach and management recently, Hasn't been setting ressies on fire..
Nothing is handed to you Nathan - It's work - Every Day.

Roosters won’t flick Tedesco until their done with him. Unless he does an ACL or another serious injury we have no hope of getting him until he’s about 33.

I can’t criticise Benji for trying though. He should be looking at every possible opportunity.

If Benji can convince him to come back - And Teddy takes that desire to Robbo....
I think you'll find Robbo will let him move on....
Maybe not next year - But the one after almost certainly...

Robbo wouldn't hold any of his players back that have given their all for the jersey.

Reactions: 851
I don’t see Roosters letting Tedesco go

They aren’t doing that well in the halves department and would be silly to fiddle further with the spine

If the halves had clicked, sure, but don’t see it happening right now

You obviously missed the game the other night?

Reactions: 851
Back