Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I had a thought like this as well.
I think it's a big reason Noffa was sent to the Storm as well.
Out of Sydney & remove the pressure off him
Both have copped it and there is no way it couldn't be taking a toll on them mentally.

I was thinking it highlights how these guys aren't the problem. If they were the problem then we would have performed a lot better than we did.

Last edited:
Watching Doueihi yesterday, the centre and winger hardly ever see the ball as he nearly always runs himself.
AD played rubbish at a time he should have taken the lead. I have a very low opinion of him as a 5/8. Doesn't pass, cant set up a centre of second rower outside him (or rarely does). Plusses are that he has a great bomb (but cant repeat it every time) and can throw a pass (that cuts out the centres and second rowers) to the winger. iPap better not be on his side next year.

He's the only one in the spine that you could call a leader recently and he does stuff all. He winged about playing reggies if he didn't play 5/8... he got his chance.

Our focus needs to be on getting some bookends that can make some post contact meters.
Lodge, Frizell and Klemmer maybe. TPJ could be forced out of the Bulldogs??
yeah exactly. a big prop that gets 100m plus every time. As Brandy and Gould calls them a 1st prop... but we need 2 of them. (Klemmer/Thompson/Ftiz fit the bill). TPJ is a solid no unless he's on $400K or less

A fit Stefano, with Joffa, and Twal (plus the 2, even 1, is a handy rotation). Backrowers of Blore/iPap and talau are far superior than what we had at the back end of this year. Hastings at 13 of course.

Zane "I cant tackle" Musgrove can play reggies all year

Reactions: 851
Frizell /2ndrow lock 700k 3yrs
Klemmer/ fwd 750k 3 years
Talakai/ 2ndrow centre 600k 3 years
Leniu / fwd 450k 3 years
Sorenson 2ndrow 350k 2 years
B Hunt / seven 900-950k 3 years
Murchie 2ndrow 350-400k 2 years

I hope the club are looking at some of these players, prices are abit of a guess and most players would be for 2024 except Klemmer who might be released, Frizell who has a club option for next year, and Leniu possibly early release from cap pressure

yeah exactly. a big prop that gets 100m plus every time. As Brandy and Gould calls them a 1st prop... but we need 2 of them. (Klemmer/Thompson/Ftiz fit the bill). TPJ is a solid no unless he's on $400K or less

A fit Stefano, with Joffa, and Twal (plus the 2, even 1, is a handy rotation). Backrowers of Blore/iPap and talau are far superior than what we had at the back end of this year. Hastings at 13 of course.

Zane "I cant tackle" Musgrove can play reggies all year
None of those you mentioned are metre eaters. According to statst this year the best post contact metres for forwards are:
Joseph Tapine
Payne Haas
Tino Fa'asuamaleau
Paul Vaughan
Regan Campbell-Gillard
Addin Fonua-Blake
Jason Taumalolo
I've been begging for us to sign Joseph Tapine for 2 seasons and now you know why.
Klem is still ok just out of this list.
Surprisingly Joffa is not far from getting a mention but I'd prefer a bigger bookend to play prop and so does Joffa.

Cobarcats nice wish list.

Why not look at three Warriors players on train and trial deals Daejarn Asi can cover centre and 5/8, Jack Murchie second row, Junior Ratuva is a very raw player but can cover centre and wing and at 110kgs has nice size. Klemmer does not want to leave Newcastle and has a contract in his favour. Be more than happy to offer Tyson F and Marty T 2 year contracts as both players are very professional in there approach to training and would be very good role models.

Newbie alert!

Been reading this forum for a long time. Thought I'd jump in.

As bad as the season was, there are a few things that contributed more than others. Utoikamanu missing for so long really hurt our go-forward.

If the rumours of Joffa knocking back our offer are true, as disappointed as I'll be, I do also believe it gives the club the opportunity to really go in a new direction. One thing I noticed all season was the disparity between our metres gained & the opposition. They tend to move 50-60m on us, we get 30-40 in a set of 6. Leaves the Tigers attacking from much further out, more often.

If Hastings is playing 13 next season, the team really needs a 'multiple hit-up' type prop- a guy that does 2 hit ups per set essentially, to carry a ballplayer at 13. This is where a Klemmer makes sense. Is he a GREAT prop? No. But he'll give you 2 runs per set. Same as Twal. Same as Joffa. The Tigers need at least 2 in the 17 that will do that, particularly with Hastings or Nu Brown at 13.

Utoikamanu is your 'fall forward' guy. He's a momentum starter. It SHOULD have been Musgrove this season, but he just doesn't get that consistant push. The Tigers forwards need to create momentum, or we will just continue to see our sets fizzle out too far from the try line. If we could add a Fifita or Tapau to the squad to balance the load on Utoikamanu- fantastic.

I read Blake Lawrie mentioned earlier. He's kind of a mix on both. He certainly doesn't make our forwards worse.

Realistically the Tigers need Pole, Matamua & Blore to get into the rotation regularly. Pole is just about there now.

The addition of Api is HUGE. Our service out of dummy half has been slow & redundant. Having our forwards hit the line with speed will be a huge advantage.

I think the addition of 2 props, a back rower & a winger would change our squad significantly. A centre as well probably is fantasy land.

But if we can have, say, Api, Papali'i, Lawrie, Murchie, Tapau, Staines &...Bradman Best...I think the club is changed dramatically.
It seems like we are miles away from success. But I'd think a majority of those guys I mentioned are quite possible.

We have to make the likes of Musgrove, Seyfarth, To'a, Freebairn, Dias into 'squad' players- not potential starters.

Once our bench becomes a 'strength', I think we see the club turn around.

Back