Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

A couple of realistic signings for next year to compliment the players we are bringing in, along with our injured players, would be Garrick and Klemmer. A big, skilful, goal kicking fullback and an experienced, aggressive middle forward are just what the doctor ordered.

Funny how Melbourne didn't complain they were "played" when JAC and Brandon Smith left. They replaced JAC adequately and no doubt they already have someone lined up to replace Smith's role.

We lost both Tedesco and Paps and replaced them with Lolohea. That's on our management.
Because Melbourne weren't played. JAC asked to go to Sydney early. Storm said only if we can get a gun winger in your place. They couldn't do JAC honoured his contract and played the final year to the best of his ability. Then when he was negotiating a new contract with Dogs he was upfront with the Storm that he was going to Sydney not stringing them along with non-committal answers.
Smith essentially said hey I know I won't be the hooker here so I'm leaving at the end of my contract. Again he let them know his plans and played with intent in his final year. And Storm did whinge because he signed with another club before giving them a chance to match the offer, even though regardless of their offer he would have been a middle forward, not a hooker.
Tedesco kept indicating that he would likely stay, then signed with Roosters about a week after Papenhuyzen signed with Melbourne.

While I like the reports that Benji is sounding people out to gauge interest, can someone confirm if he is actually allowed to do that to players contracted for next year (i.e. Cam Munster) prior to Nov. 1?
I think that they can talk but can't offically make an o.ffer

I shudder to think of Luke's decision making after he has had a child screaming all night
This is actually a serious point - IMO Benji looked noticeably worse in the period when he had a young baby for the first time. I struggle to scratch my own arse when I've been sleep deprived from babies, I'd hate to try and play serious footy.

Has there been any credible links with Bateman possibly coming over, or is it coming from Kent saying were looking at a couple of pom's?
Can't remember where I heard it (may have been Kent). The convo was were looking at Poms. Then someone saying Tigers keep saying they are deep in negotiations with Bateman. The response was we've approached Bateman a few times and been flatly knocked back each time, it's not happening.

Goodness me, I expected an avalanche of posts after you put this up Demps.
Are we Brooksed out 🤔
More like a hell of a lot of those long death riding him have finally come around to the realisation that Luke remains the club's best signed option in the halves.

Considered Hastings as a challenger for being WT best there for a couple of weeks or so, at least until opposition coaches learnt to neutralise him as well.

If rumours my long held huge concerns of Doueihi's defensive liabilities are being shared at coaching level are true, then it would seem that the club is on the lookout for a replacement, so has anyone heard any whispers other than unrealistic Munster?

Back