Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

This to me is probably good news if they get his salary right. He isn't worth a top tier contract. I don't think him or Doueihi are worth a cent more than 600k. Hastings is probably in the same boat but he is the pick out of them.
If he receives a Chris Lawrence style contract hopefully with a long service discount that is a great outcome for both parties. I'm glad he is staying.

Where there's smoke ?
SEN mentioning that Bronson Xerri has signed with a new management company that just happens to be the same management company that looks after Benji.
Xerri is banned until 2024 when he can resume playing he's allowed to resume team training in September 2023.
He'll be 24 when he resumes playing.
Thoughts ?

Would be mad if he came back
Focused and fit, @Demps and I
We're discussing the possibilities

If he receives a Chris Lawrence style contract hopefully with a long service discount that is a great outcome for both parties. I'm glad he is staying.

Let's wait and see what happens. I don't believe anything until it's official. It can work though. Brooks has a lot of upside as well. He has things to correct but that is why a lower value contract may work.

Maybe with a 11 season semi finals drought maybe we should be asking the Forum Members
"R U OK".

I love WT but also love watching NRL in general so excited to see eight teams with superior ability to WT fight it out for the premiership. All games this week are 50/50 which is great for the game they has had cricket scores posted this season.
good idea mate.

this time of year always feels flat for me, as it's another year of disappointment. there's something palpable about your team playing finals footy, that you can almost hold onto it. to have not been able to experience that feeling for 11 years has been tough. no doubt one day the tide will turn, but it can certainly make any of us feel down. when that day comes it'll be a special feeling, that's for sure.

hope everyone's doing well and isn't too down about another failed year. fingers crossed that things begin to change in the next few weeks, months and years.

Where there's smoke ?
SEN mentioning that Bronson Xerri has signed with a new management company that just happens to be the same management company that looks after Benji.
Xerri is banned until 2024 when he can resume playing he's allowed to resume team training in September 2023.
Thoughts ?
Does that mean he can only be signed from September 23, due to his ban? Bit different to looking to sign a 23 off contract player for 24 season.

Where there's smoke ?
Thoughts ?

Remind me next year. Need players now.

They were originally setup to promote rugby league in the area - that included Wests Magpies football club. They once owned Wests Campbelltown but that club is now a seperate entity under the Wests Group which is not affiliated with Wests Ashfield. Campbelltown funds juniors in the Wests Macarthur competitions but no longer provides funds to Wests Tigers.

They own it as in they have a 90% share and Balmain has a 10% share in the club. Its a different model to Souths private ownership. They could however sell their share or any part of it to a buyer if they wished.

Pascoe as CEO is accountable to the Wests Tigers board. The board is made up of 5 Wests Ashfield board directors, 2 Balmain appointees and Lee Hag as Chairman. The Wests Tigers board could sack Lee and Pascoe if they wanted to. The only way the other 7 board members can be replaced is if they resign or are replaced by Wests Ashfield and Balmain.

So in essence Wests Ashfield board hold all the power and are pulling all the strings. And under their constitution its almost impossible to get voted off that board.
Do you know if West's Tamworth are part of/owned by the Wests Group?

Keen to have Hastings locked in for a few years so we can work out the rest of our spine. With him secured, I'm less worried about our others moving on. I think Doeuhi will stay though. If we can trade Brooks for Klemmer and Staines for Peachey, I'd go for:

1. Staines
3. Doeuhi
6. Laurie
7. Hastings
8. Klemmer
13. Rua

after the dominos fall.

Perhaps Sheens and our recruitment staff see a lot in him just like Tupou - athletic ability height, size, pace and finishing. He seems a Sheens' recruit. He is ex Holy Cross Ryde and WTs U20s so he is a known talent. He may not be the finished product just like Xavier Savage was well known for his pace in athletics.
Correct. Hill also left under the previous regime who gave very very few of our home grown youngsters an opportunity. Madge would never have given Pole game time this year or Matamua

Back