Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I agree 100%. Ilias is terrible. He isn't even the best half at Souths. Hawkins and Taafe are both better. The selection of Ilias could coat souths a premiership
I think Hawkins is going to be very very good

Reactions: 851
Tommy Talau is getting a top 30 spot & will be used next year in a Luke Garner style role of centre/2nd row.

Nu Brown is not certainty of staying has fair offer on the table but his manager pushing for more.

The Charlie Staines/Tyrone Peachey swap is going ahead & to be announced after Panther's season is finished.

Liddle's release opens up a spot in the top 30 for Nu Brown, if he takes it the squad is full time others are released. Musgrove is free to explore options but seems keen to stay.

Tuki Simpkins also no longer on the market with Sheens keen to work with him.

Henry O'Kane no certainty to stay, has a deal on the table but appears to be leaning elsewhere.

Daine Laurie will be training at 5/8 over the off season as halves cover with Staines coming on board.

Luke Brooks appears the only likely player on re-signing prior to November 1 at this point in time.

Albert Kelly is looking at a train & trial deal for the off-season but will not be offered a top 30 spot unless a few others a moved on. Will be a magpies contract at best

From the_pom on the other forum
🤮

Taafe is a far better player than Illias
I beg to differ, and besides, they play different positions.

Taafe is not an NRL standard half, but goes well at fullback (even during his mid teens his coach at The Entrance Tigers had him playing in the #1)

Illias is a quality young halfback who’s performances in the finals have been eye catching.

Taafe is not an NRL standard half, but goes well at fullback (even during his mid teens his coach at The Entrance Tigers had him playing in the #1)

Illias is a quality young halfback who’s performances in the finals have been eye catching.
Seen illias get caught out on the last play a few times, not a bad half but at this stage he’s not what the wt need to get out of this mess so letting him go wasn’t a bad idea

Re Forwards - before we start getting carried away with some of our lower grade forwards .Remember the lightweight arm grabbers got trampled in last few rounds Should rewatch some of those painful replays. No effort or technique .Stick an arm out ,Get brushed off and then what I can't forgive .Just stand there and watch opposing player race away .We tried in 2021 Tuki and 2022 Dias ,Matamua , Pole , Freebairn and with exception of Pole - perhaps
They were found wanting . We need a pack that tramples over the opposition not the other way around

Re Forwards - before we start getting carried away with some of our lower grade forwards .Remember the lightweight arm grabbers got trampled in last few rounds Should rewatch some of those painful replays. No effort or technique .Stick an arm out ,Get brushed off and then what I can't forgive .Just stand there and watch opposing player race away .We tried in 2021 Tuki and 2022 Dias ,Matamua , Pole , Freebairn and with exception of Pole - perhaps
They were found wanting . We need a pack that tramples over the opposition not the other way around
I'm sure players don't know how to tackle the old way, they need to aim for the soft flanks above the hips and drive. They are coached to tie up the ball....thats ok but when you need to do a driving tackle they don't seem to know what to do.
Classic example is when muster tried to stop the winger from scoring in their last game...terrible.
Compare that to Korribeti (can't spell) a couple of games ago for the Wallabies...he nealy put the opposition into the grandstand. It wasn't perfect technique but he went low and hard and kept going.
Man I'd love him back for a cameo.
I know Victor Radley is sometimes a liability but he would put some steel into our pack. He has the full repertoire of tackling techniques and aggression. Are there anyone like him that are available?

Taafe is a half so is Hawkins both are better half's than Illias.
Penrith second rowers will run through Illias next week and expose that poor defence

Do you realise that his family and friends are all dirtbag criminals? The only way he makes it is if he ditches everyone he knows and starts fresh
Few ppl around who've done good even with most of their fam locked up or running around ganged up.
You'd be surprised my man.
Hope he can do it

Taafe is a half so is Hawkins both are better half's than Illias.
Penrith second rowers will run through Illias next week and expose that poor defence
What I’m saying is, Taafe thinks he’s an NRL quality half. I like the guy as a footballer and have marvelled at his high energy performances since he was about 14. But IMHO he’s not a first grade number 7.

I totally disagree with your assessment of Ilias. While I think Penrith will win, it won’t be down to the Souths half getting trampled.

Yes, Hawkins does look a good player. Surely he’ll soon be snapped up by a rival club.

Do you realise that his family and friends are all dirtbag criminals? The only way he makes it is if he ditches everyone he knows and starts fresh
Did he also come through the Cronulla juniors with the “weak gutted dog” ?

(sorry, just an excuse to revisit Ricky’s - weak gutted dog) 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back