Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

If Braith privately told Kent that Munster wasn’t interested in joining the Tigers, what damage has that done to anyone?

Our own fans don’t even believe it’s a possibility. Where is the conspiracy?
It's not a conspiracy, it's a conflict of interest and makes WT look like losers. Like Munster is too good for us and surely Melbourne or Dolphins can up the dollar.

And from the club's perspective if you sign a player 18 months in advance and you go backwards from then on, are in the wooden spoon position, and are talking about another two/three year rebuild - don't expect the player to not be questioning or regretful about the decision - especially when his current club is about to play in a premium final.
Yeah I bet we couldn't back out if his form went to garbage, he signed a contract, needs to be a man and honour it.

And from the club's perspective if you sign a player 18 months in advance and you go backwards from then on, are in the wooden spoon position, and are talking about another two/three year rebuild - don't expect the player to not be questioning or regretful about the decision - especially when his current club is about to play in a premium final.
You realise we were crap when he signed with us, right? It's not as if we were a top 8 club and miraculously collapsed. We've sucked for 10 years, he was fully aware of that when he signed with us. He felt our position and contract offer was not only acceptable but preferable to parras offer.

If anything we're in a better position now than we were a year ago. We have and continue to get rid of a lot of dead wood, on and off the field, have an elite hooker joining us plus we have state of the art training facilities now.

Chad Townsend has been an astute signing for them and a massive reason why they're going so well
Yes he has been great , BUT he is working behind a great youthful pack , players like nanai, Gilbert, cotter and neame have come out of no where , and they have brought the best out of the older forwards , our kids other than pole are way behind them

Nah, when he signed, Papali'i knew exactly where WT were as a playing squad and with a coach that just had them finish 13th, having taken them backwards year on year.

Doubt that he is very surprised that they ended up falling another three places, nor unhappy that said coach is gone.

No excuses for Isaiah, because he knew well and truly enough when deciding.
Parra is losing a lot of good players next season 4 or 5 I think and maybe Moses. . They might get the spoon.

It's not a conspiracy, it's a conflict of interest and makes WT look like losers. Like Munster is too good for us and surely Melbourne or Dolphins can up the dollar.
Where’s the conflict of interest?

If the Tigers approach him and put in an offer, he’s entitled to speak with the Dolphins and the Storm and say…Hey…I have a club that thinks he’s worth more than you’re willing to pay…how about you up your offer!?

If they are going around saying he’ll never sign with the Tigers regardless of what we pay him, that just plays into the Dolphins or Storms hands because they know he’s not serious about taking the money on the table from the Tigers.

As an agent, his job is to get the best deal for his player.

If the Tigers approach him and put in an offer, he’s entitled to speak with the Dolphins and the Storm and say…Hey…I have a club that thinks he’s worth more than you’re willing to pay…how about you up your offer!?

If they are going around saying he’ll never sign with the Tigers regardless of what we pay him, that just plays into the Dolphins or Storms hands because they know he’s not serious about taking the money on the table from the Tigers.

Yeh I know that, that's his job to get the highest dollar but not by running a club down and using the media that he's involved with to do it. Made us look look stupid, did you see the episode. It was smug journalism. It came across as..Cameron going to the tigers, are you joking!

Anyways, what are you doing up so late?

You realise we were crap when he signed with us, right? It's not as if we were a top 8 club and miraculously collapsed. We've sucked for 10 years, he was fully aware of that when he signed with us. He felt our position and contract offer was not only acceptable but preferable to parras offer.

If anything we're in a better position now than we were a year ago. We have and continue to get rid of a lot of dead wood, on and off the field, have an elite hooker joining us plus we have state of the art training facilities now.

We are always in a better position in the off season when we are not playing because it is all speculative about what is going to happen the following year.
When he signed in November you can guarantee he was sold a vision that we were on the up and up that didn't include the reality - that being the wooden spoon, the coach who was signing him to be sacked mid year before he even gets to the club, or getting beat during the season 72 -6 culminating in the worst season in our history.
On paper a great deal for us especially after stellar year - for IP and his stage of career perfectly understandable why he may have big regrets.

Yeh I know that, that's his job to get the highest dollar but not by running a club down and using the media that he's involved with to do it. Made us look look stupid, did you see the episode. It was smug journalism. It came across as..Cameron going to the tigers, are you joking!
I’m not sure I can agree. I did see the segment you’re referring to, and while it hurts to see us mocked in the media, Anasta and Kent aren’t the only ones that stick the boot in.

We need to look past what is said in the media and fix the root causes of why people are bagging us.

We are a laughing stock because we do things as a club that are, quite frankly, laughable.

If we start to become more professional as a club, we may get a little bit of respect in the media.

Because poor old Luke, it's never his fault, fair dinkum, those crap forwards made him kick out on the full, kick dead repeatedly, and made him take the wrong option almost at will, those forwards caused his poor game management too I suspect
Why not - they had the same effect on Doueihi and Madden at the back end of the year…

I agree mate, I like Braith.
There would be a bit of talk offset though. If people don't believe that, they have their head in the sand.
In one episode of 360, in the segment of 'Ask Kenty' ..Braith read out a fans letter that asked if Munster is a chance to play for the Weststigers and Kenty looked at Braith and smiled and said...'no way'
When asked by Braith why not he smiled again and said I know someone and he said noway. So he's telling Munsters manager noway??
If people don't believe Braith told Paul this being Musters manager trying to drum up business then that's crazy.
Surely Braith new the question from the fan or the question could have been scripted.
Getting back to the point about media personalities being involved with a club or players...this is an example of them manipulating their position for personal gain. If it wasn't and was purely coincidental then it's still wrong.
I don't see it as acting exclusively in the best interest of Munster (or any of his clients) as well.
If he's ridiculing the club - that he was also once a former player of - in his gig as a panellist/host on a television show and is currently in negotiations with that said club, in another role, he's already somewhat blurred the professional boundaries.
Who's to say it's not creating any unconcious bias in his duty as a player manager.
That is where I can kinda agree with the conflict of interest suggestion, as it (the media job) can be entirely used as a public relations tool for him and his clients benefit. So ofcourse it can also be used to drive potential recruits away from dealing with the club too.

Everyone knows we've been a poorly run club over a long period and the team are absolute crap at present however the whole negative media portrayal goes hand in hand with some of our reputational damage IMO.
It's not groundbreaking news but just twisting the knife.
Two other clubs sacked coaches this year. This upcoming season will mark the Warriors having a fifth coach, in three years. WTH!!
It's not for the public's interest either as they are all sick of seeing us suck.

Don’t agree, we were always heading south with Madge as our coach it was all there for everyone to see. We had dropped two spots every year Fadge was in charge, so no surprise we took this years spoon. If IP and his manager did not realise that then they are just plain dumb, and deserve to be where they are. They should just shut up and cop it, be part of making us better not bringing us down! There’s an old saying buyer beware!
It’s that scum club the river slugs causing or this unrest, like they have with several players over the years, hope they lose this week, always hated them but now they are right up there with my most hated clubs!!

• Love
Reactions: 851
It's been raised before but good for a rehash rugba.
It was mentioned that Phil Gould should not have an opinion on 100%footy and be connected to other clubs....now with the dogs. He was the one advocating we were crazy offering Cameron Ciraldo 5 years and big money...look what the dogs have gone and done.
You can throw in Munsters manager hosting NRL 360 and there are others. Braith told Kent that Munster had no chance of coming to the tigers.
I don’t understand why Laurie Daley couldn’t be a halves coach for us because his role on talking sport was a conflict of interest. (Show was sponsored by a betting agency) yet Phil Gould can be in an executive role, be on many shows and podcasts most of which have betting sponsers. Even worse braith can be a player manager to players in multiple teams, whilst being a head presenter on a show that is also sponsored by a betting agency.

Interesting Bob.
I suppose everything should be taken on merit and as long as he or she doesn't run another club down and use their position in media as a power tool to do so.
Phil Gould who I rate as a bug bear to WT has had digs at our club for some time now. The 5 captains, the 5yr coaching gig, and the Madge debacle are some that I can remember. All points are correct 😂 but are beside the point.

I’m not sure I can agree. I did see the segment you’re referring to, and while it hurts to see us mocked in the media, Anasta and Kent aren’t the only ones that stick the boot in.

We need to look past what is said in the media and fix the root causes of why people are bagging us.

We are a laughing stock because we do things as a club that are, quite frankly, laughable.

If we start to become more professional as a club, we may get a little bit of respect in the media.
Two different issues but I respect your opinion WT.

Members online

Back