Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Just heard Kenty say tigers getting Marata Niukore as well as Korisau and Papalii . Am I hearing things ? I take what kenty says with a grain of salt but anyone hear this ?

Sure it was Nikora we were after him not sure if he resigned with the sharks probably has i just havent heard it as yet.

I get what you are stating. I think there are different types of props. Joe O, Pole and Twal for instance are smaller worker props.

Then there are the beasts like you mention above.

I think Stef is in the beast category as is Musgrove.

We have a small pack but I'm hopeful they can somehow contain the bigger teams and we play expansively off the back of Hastings.

I'm not getting my hopes up though.
we have too many pillow/"non-affective tacklers" that are easy pushed at least 5m post contact,
this needs to change, we should aim not just to stop them but to push them back.
Also, our line speed needs to improve, so we tackle them at a max of 2m

Maybe Niuokra has requested to remain in Australia due to family reasons and that could be an amicable swap proposed to resolve the Ipap drama.

Talk re Joffa not being an impact player.
He came into the game as one with the Broncos. He was a force off the bench, it’s when Siebold decided he could turn him and Pangai Jnr into wide running back rowers that it went down hill for him.

I reckon he was playing at least 5-10kg heavier back then.

If you see him without his shirt, (often in the change room cameras) you notice how ripped he is, very lean muscle for a middle forward.

Pack on the kgs Joffa!

Anyone got the IP article from DT?
From staff writers.. these are his quotes from the article:

The Parramatta star told News Corp about a self imposed deadline to make a call on his future as soon as Sunday’s grand final against Penrith is over.

“(Waiting to make a call) has worked for us. I’m definitely going to have to stick that,” Papali’i said.

“We are just focused on this year. I don’t want to be worrying about that in the biggest week of my career to date.

“But as soon as Sunday rolls over, I’m sure me and my agent will touch base as soon we can. So we can stop all the questions.”

The Parramatta star told News Corp about a self imposed deadline to make a call on his future as soon as Sunday’s grand final against Penrith is over.

“(Waiting to make a call) has worked for us. I’m definitely going to have to stick that,” Papali’i said.

“We are just focused on this year. I don’t want to be worrying about that in the biggest week of my career to date.

“But as soon as Sunday rolls over, I’m sure me and my agent will touch base as soon we can. So we can stop all the questions.”

Thanks 4 posting

But the article 🙄

He made his decision last October when he legally put pen to paper to accept our offer.

he made a decision almost a year ago the dingle berry

Just heard Kenty say tigers getting Marata Niukore as well as Korisau and Papalii . Am I hearing things ? I take what kenty says with a grain of salt but anyone hear this ?
I thought I heard him say .."they have got Niukore as well"

Reactions: Hmm

If I'm been honest this guys is really starting to piss me off and turn fans against him.. He wants the media to stop so he can focus and all he had to do is say he has signed and is on the way and case CLOSED.. Comes across as a wanker IMO

I am sure I am not the only one that will be pissed big time if we give in to him and end up with no one.. This is a franchise moment

Staff online

Back