Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Sheens rates Tuki because he can offload the ball and create second phase play, straight from his playbook.
Absolutely, he could be the best offloader in the comp if he can work on the other parts to his game. His main issues were fitness and confidence. If he rips in to offseason and bulks up a bit more then hopefully that will encourage him to rip in on the field. He's only 20 for goodness sake. Are we really writing off a 20 year old prop from first grade?

big fan of Sullivan but I don't see a spot for him at WT unfortunately unless Brooks does in fact head to Newcastle. dogs in the box seat and understandably so.

Absolutely, he could be the best offloader in the comp if he can work on the other parts to his game. His main issues were fitness and confidence. If he rips in to offseason and bulks up a bit more then hopefully that will encourage him to rip in on the field. He's only 20 for goodness sake. Are we really writing off a 20 year old prop from first grade?
He's a throwback to days when forwards were encouraged to off-load the ball. For the 3.5 years under Maguire, five hit ups and a bomb constituted the gameplan. You can't help but thinks Sheens would have been horrified.

Easy to forget how young he is hey. I hope he makes it and it really comes down to how much he wants it in this off season. As you said, rip in and leave no stone unturned fitness wise and he is still in with a shot.

I have my doubts about Lauries ability to defend in the front line.

Talau to the back row makes sense, but I’m not convinced that he isn’t better than both of our current centres as well.

Fully agree with you on that, he needs to have someone good on the inside.
Laurie though is a both side of the park player but has a preference to the left.

Talau if he bulks up I think could be lethal running off the Brooks short balls, he can play left side which is a problem for us & he did have some ball playing ability. He also would be an option for attacking kicks not focused on the wing side which is a defensive nightmare for teams. Talau Defensive efforts though will be his big test & very questionable. I like Talau, do think he could offer something. People also forget that prior to injury he was a 19-21yr old playing in a very busted / ordinary side. He is 22 and has some development in him. He offers us more than Seyfarth IMO.

You are correct that I , like all others here want this club to succeed. Once again, I didnt see anyone say punt him. However If you accept disrepect, you get disrespect. It was "dealt with behind closed doors" & in this instance when the disrespectful comment was made publicly, Api should of been made publicly apologise. It would of sent a strong message to him & and all other players the new type of strong culture we are trying to build. Simple as that.

Agree on the disrespect side.
I hate how our club is currently perceived but the majority of that is our own doing.
Only way out of it is via hard work & very good recruitment & retaining the best players.

I don't see what is achieved by Api making a public apology tbh if anything it drags our club in the mud for longer, let the club deal with it behind closed doors. He has 3yrs hear. He will be made to work for it no doubts about it. I would get Api involved with recruiting over the next 2-3yrs. This would provide us more value than getting him make a public apology if we could snare a few top line recruits that will make a difference in the side. By all accounts he is helping with the Lenui and Staines recruiting.

It will be interesting the media narrative in 12-24mths time for Papa & Api if by chance we do get some success. Make them both work hard and earn respect, if they do I have zero doubt we will see better results than what we did this year.

Sullivan reportedly requests a release from Dragons following Ben Hunt sticking around. Bulldogs frontrunners if release is granted.

Would love for us to make a play though!

Musgrove swap for Sullivan.
Brooks swap for Klemmer.

What would Sullivan offer over Laurie though?
I see them similar style players just Laurie creates more than Sullivan.

Fully agree with you on that, he needs to have someone good on the inside.
Laurie though is a both side of the park player but has a preference to the left.

Talau if he bulks up I think could be lethal running off the Brooks short balls, he can play left side which is a problem for us & he did have some ball playing ability.
He must be a magician to catch Brooks's short pass, as it is usually thrown hard, like he passes 40m away:(. Hopefully, he will learn to throw a soft pass.🙏
He also would be an option for attacking kicks not focused on the wing side which is a defensive nightmare for teams. Talau Defensive efforts though will be his big test & very questionable. I like Talau, do think he could offer something. People also forget that prior to injury he was a 19-21yr old playing in a very busted / ordinary side. He is 22 and has some development in him. He offers us more than Seyfarth IMO.
Hopefully we will not see Seyfarth in the WT jersey again!🙏
IMHO, Freebairn or Dias would be a cheaper and better option.

Not getting hopes up on Munster but some interesting comments before flying out to the RLWC.

Looks like he is waiting until Nov 1 which indicates he won't be at the Storm.
Actually made a comment about Sydney & Melbourne not being noticed when he goes for a coffee compared to when he is in QLD
Wants to have a chance to win & not be on the losing side week in week out.
- Storm forward pack is decimated, Bellyache not locked in past 23.
- Dolphins have recruited somewhat ordinary - he would be the only star
- We have Api/Papa and might get some forward hit room (Klemmer & Lenui)
He does say money isn't everything as well

Not getting hopes up on Munster but some interesting comments before flying out to the RLWC.

Looks like he is waiting until Nov 1 which indicates he won't be at the Storm.
Actually made a comment about Sydney & Melbourne not being noticed when he goes for a coffee compared to when he is in QLD
Wants to have a chance to win & not be on the losing side week in week out.
- Storm forward pack is decimated, Bellyache not locked in past 23.
- Dolphins have recruited somewhat ordinary - he would be the only star
- We have Api/Papa and might get some forward hit room (Klemmer & Lenui)
He does say money isn't everything as well
Also people forgot that Storm won't release him, so we'd be getting Munster in 2024.

Brooks contract ends in 2023.

That money could go into Munster's contract when he comes (reported 1.1Mill for Brooks)

What could also happen is that we lose Doueihi to Storm when contract time comes, however, if the team is playing good, I doubt he would leave.

Anyway, it's all a pipe dream at the moment.. but I don't see Munster coming.

The money and lifestyle of QLD with his new family will get him over the line

Everything said here certainly has merit....

One thing that has not been considered so much is the Dolphins position

They simply CAN NOT miss Munster.
The whole franchise is hinging on a big signing at this point...

IF (I don't believe they will) They do miss Munster somehow...
They might as well fold it up now.

From their point - They can't miss.... No matter the cost
And I don't believe they will.

No surprise it doesn't sound like WTs for Munster... but maybe not Dolphins either

“It's not money,” Munster replied when quizzed about his future.

“I've been lucky enough to be in a competitive team for eight or nine years and played plenty of prelim finals.

“To bow out like we did this year is a sour taste in the mouth, but I just want to make sure that I pick the right decision and play some competitive footy because I hate losing, as everyone does when they play professional sport.

“I want to make sure I'm still enjoying my footy and not losing every week.

You can put a line through him. Thats him saying he wants to stay at Melbourne, but he doesn't want to sound too keen as he needs to get the best offer he can etc, and keep Tigers/Dolphins in too increase the offer.

No surprise it doesn't sound like WTs for Munster... but maybe not Dolphins either

“It's not money,” Munster replied when quizzed about his future.

“I've been lucky enough to be in a competitive team for eight or nine years and played plenty of prelim finals.

“To bow out like we did this year is a sour taste in the mouth, but I just want to make sure that I pick the right decision and play some competitive footy because I hate losing, as everyone does when they play professional sport.

“I want to make sure I'm still enjoying my footy and not losing every week.

Ow yep that rules us out

Latest posts

Back