Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Also people forgot that Storm won't release him, so we'd be getting Munster in 2024.

Brooks contract ends in 2023.

That money could go into Munster's contract when he comes (reported 1.1Mill for Brooks)

What could also happen is that we lose Doueihi to Storm when contract time comes, however, if the team is playing good, I doubt he would leave.

Anyway, it's all a pipe dream at the moment.. but I don't see Munster coming.

Also alot of people are focused on Munster playing in the halves.
If he is playing fullback the cash isn't the halves $$$ to play with as we still will need halves.

Right now based on "reports" in 23 Brooks is $1.1M, AD $650k, Hastings $400k.
For 24 not one of those halves are signed so we have $$$ to throw at a player.
Laurie isn't on the Brooks/AD salary but is probably due to be upgraded.

Realistically if we recruit outside for halves we are looking to spend $2M for quality.
If we recruit for a quality fullback it would be 800k+

$1.4M for Munster is a huge punt, it will limit our ability to get someone else pending if the cap stays as is (which projections are it will increase) + he also gets the 10yr benefit in 2yrs time. It's a no brainer though for us to be in the hunt.

Sheens likes Tuki ? What . Maybe he should check tapes from 2021 didn't even seem to want to get in the collision .Just stuck arm out etc . Also please no more failed experiments with lightweight cup forwards who played 1st grade last few rounds . The other packs Roosters and Raiders humiliated our pack just steamrolled our lot . Remember the 72-6 and last game 42-0 at half-time
Of note was they catch kick off on their own line and are 10m from our line on the 5th tackle except if they have already scored

Sheens likes Tuki ? What . Maybe he should check tapes from 2021 didn't even seem to want to get in the collision .Just stuck arm out etc . Also please no more failed experiments with lightweight cup forwards who played 1st grade last few rounds . The other packs Roosters and Raiders humiliated our pack just steamrolled our lot . Remember the 72-6 and last game 42-0 at half-time
Of note was they catch kick off on their own line and are 10m from our line on the 5th tackle except if they have already scored
I believe Simpkins has a great deal of potential and will be a great attacking forward for WTs.

Watch out for Brisbane Broncos if Hass leaves for Munster

Can't rule them out

To be fair, as much as fans like to label Twal as a 'plodder' you could see the difference in the defensive effort in the middle after Twal was injured. He's not you're athletic powerful front rower we all love to see progress over the advantage line. He won't be the direct reason you score a try in a game, but he will be the guy who prevents 12 being scored...

Every team needs a mix of both. The problem isn't twal.
I totally agree. Twal is the kind of worker that any team needs if they are to win a premiership. He doesn't come up with the flashy plays, but he does his job. He tightens up the middle and he rarely misses. He is also a gentleman...I'm a big fan :)

I believe Simpkins has a great deal of potential and will be a great attacking forward for WTs.

Kid can offload - That's for sure.

- But he's as slow as a wet week...
Without much aggression, footwork, mobility or agility
I don't know any "attacking" forwards without decent leg speed....
Or something about them.
I don't feel he even really stands out in 20's...

I'd wonder why, Despite him being top 30, And NRL experienced
- He didn't play this year at all....
Meanwhile, We blooded Matamua, Pole, Dias, Kautoga etc.
(Most of those guys aren't even top 30)
Tumeth and some other guys seem to be favoured in front of him?

Surely, If he was rated by anyone... He would have seen 'some' game time?
I've also heard Madge had a lot of faith in him - From players in the squad.

Could be Sheens is trying to get decent money for him, Or up his value by claiming he's wanted?
Who knows....

Either way, He seems a good kid - and I wish him well....
More Matt Groat about him than Aaron Woods as a kid though.

Also people forgot that Storm won't release him, so we'd be getting Munster in 2024.

Brooks contract ends in 2023.

That money could go into Munster's contract when he comes (reported 1.1Mill for Brooks)

What could also happen is that we lose Doueihi to Storm when contract time comes, however, if the team is playing good, I doubt he would leave.

Anyway, it's all a pipe dream at the moment.. but I don't see Munster coming.
you never know we might lose Brooks and AD for 2024 and have
7. Hastings
6. Laurie
1. Munster

What would Sullivan offer over Laurie though?
I see them similar style players just Laurie creates more than Sullivan.
I like the look of him from what I have seen. Real bit of x factor which we need. At worst, he essentially claims the role Madden had last year and at best, he locks down a position in the halves. Probably heads to the dogs if released anyway.

you never know we might lose Brooks and AD for 2024 and have
7. Hastings
6. Laurie
1. Munster
Get rid of Laurie and call Ezra Mam from Brisbane

Broncos have multiple young halves coming up - rumours going around he may leave earlier in the year would def look at him for sure

And we sucked ever since.
But hey keep dreaming big without wanting the best players.

You do realize what your saying right?
The player has to be playing for the club & then does something wrong and then gets punished by those coaches right. And in your example Munster & Smith have had multiple bringing into line activities at the Storm.

People are saying punt the players before they even wear our kit for what - a comment or lack of a comment. Like seriously cmon.

On Papa the club made statements and closed it down from their end - they had zero concerns.

On Api they have dealt with it, it’s done. We have zero idea how that conversation/activity went down nor should we.

They both will play and I have zero doubt you and others not wanting Api here will be cheering them on next year.
WHO DEALT WITH THE API INCIDENT PREY TELL.

Anyone know what's going on with Kelma??

Don't recall the signing to Manly being official and someone reported that apparently from the horses mouth he was hoping to stay due to the surge of back rowers Manly have been developing etc and hoping he could work out a deal with us - anyone know the latest?

Sullivan reportedly requests a release from Dragons following Ben Hunt sticking around. Bulldogs frontrunners if release is granted.

Would love for us to make a play though!

Musgrove swap for Sullivan.
Brooks swap for Klemmer.
Klemmer at halfback? 😄

Anyone know what's going on with Kelma??

Don't recall the signing to Manly being official and someone reported that apparently from the horses mouth he was hoping to stay due to the surge of back rowers Manly have been developing etc and hoping he could work out a deal with us - anyone know the latest?
@Cobarcats spoke to him at the Brisbane event , yeah odd manly haven't announced it 🤔

Back