Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Good point… maybe Twal misses out? Competition for spots is always a good thing

That’s ofc if we do get Bateman, seems like a lot of people think we might around the media and sheens having another conversation with them after the reported transfer fee given to us may be a positive - he has a lot of connection in England too

He’s only 29 as well and the pommy forwards always get better with age - I won’t be so against his signing as he was a strike weapon when he played not that long ago

You obviously have not watched Bateman since he went back to the ESL,to be perfectly honest he is in the England squad on reputation alone

Sorry to disappoint, but Nanai will stay a Cowboy. Not sure where CG has received his info but it is well off the mark in this instance.

Leniu and Klemmer still the most likely to join the squad for 2023, along with Bateman. Bateman will depend on transfer fee and personal terms, so there are a few hurdles to overcome there.

Sheens has lined up a meeting with Leniu, Bateman and others while over in England. Unfortunately, i have no info on who the others are.

Talau will be also be apart of the top 30 next season. He has a train and trial contract which will turn into a 1 year contact provided he progresses through the off season injury free.
Thanks for update ☺️

Sorry to disappoint, but Nanai will stay a Cowboy. Not sure where CG has received his info but it is well off the mark in this instance.

Leniu and Klemmer still the most likely to join the squad for 2023, along with Bateman. Bateman will depend on transfer fee and personal terms, so there are a few hurdles to overcome there.

Sheens has lined up a meeting with Leniu, Bateman and others while over in England. Unfortunately, i have no info on who the others are.

Talau will be also be apart of the top 30 next season. He has a train and trial contract which will turn into a 1 year contact provided he progresses through the off season injury free.
Leniu and Klemmer first worry about everything else after, not sold on Bateman

Seems to be our likely pack for next year if all goes to plan:

8. David Klemmer
9. Api Korisau
10. Stefano Utoikamanu
11. Isaiah Papalili
12. John Bateman
13. Jackson Hastings

14. Tommy Takau
15. Fonau Pole
16. Spender Lenui
17. Alex Twal

Now that is what you call a forward pack…. Klemmer and Stefano starting is massive however under the radar the prop rotation of Lenui/Pole coming off the bench would be explosive - From day 1 I’ve had so much faith in Sheens/Benj if they pull this off we can build something really scary as our pack is so young - besides Klemmer who would be potentially replaced by Jordan Miller…. Starting to get excited a little
I cant see Leniu signing here to come off the bench TBH

Quick question @CCTW, do you know if Benji is present during these meetings with recruitment or is it more so just Sheens for now?
Someone posted a podcast recently where Benji was asked what he had been doing since he started/moved into the COE and he did mention he had been working on recruitment.

He also mentioned he had been making video packages for each player of all the good things they did this past season - this may not have taken long

Twal isn't a bullocking line breaker or anything like that, but he will be as integral to our success as an impact prop. He tightens the middle and can be relied on to make tackles every time. Defence is every bit important as attack.
Api is a wizard at putting people through gaps close to the try line - This could be the season Alex gets a try

Good point… maybe Twal misses out? Competition for spots is always a good thing

That’s ofc if we do get Bateman, seems like a lot of people think we might around the media and sheens having another conversation with them after the reported transfer fee given to us may be a positive - he has a lot of connection in England too

He’s only 29 as well and the pommy forwards always get better with age - I won’t be so against his signing as he was a strike weapon when he played not that long ago
Not so sure about Bateman ...he is one of those backrowers who has had to play above his weight ...and that tends to cook them more quickly with injuries etc ....Bateman wasn't playing anywhere near the level back in England as he was at Canberra ....just my opinion

If you were going to tie Twal anytime try scorer into your multi, next year will be the year though.

It reminds me of the days buying football doubles at Leichhardt Oval.i can guarantee i would always get heaps of doubles with players like Geoff Naylor or Steve Edmed on them.I used to count those as donations to the club. Twal falls into the same catagory, a bloke who tries but never gets on the scoreboard

Seems to be our likely pack for next year if all goes to plan:

8. David Klemmer
9. Api Korisau
10. Stefano Utoikamanu
11. Isaiah Papalili
12. John Bateman
13. Jackson Hastings

14. Tommy Takau
15. Fonau Pole
16. Spender Lenui
17. Alex Twal

Now that is what you call a forward pack…. Klemmer and Stefano starting is massive however under the radar the prop rotation of Lenui/Pole coming off the bench would be explosive - From day 1 I’ve had so much faith in Sheens/Benj if they pull this off we can build something really scary as our pack is so young - besides Klemmer who would be potentially replaced by Jordan Miller…. Starting to get excited a little
Like the idea of Talau on the bench .....good call bro

It reminds me of the days buying football doubles at Leichhardt Oval.i can guarantee i would always get heaps of doubles with players like Geoff Naylor or Steve Edmed on them.I used to count those as donations to the club. Twal falls into the same catagory, a bloke who tries but never gets on the scoreboard
I don't know if any Sydney clubs did this ...but Brisbane Wests back in the 70's had a lady who would sell raffle tickets at the bottom of the escalators at Indooroopilly Shoppingtown that led from the Mr Whippy stand to Woolworths ...6 days a week she would do it

Didn't help in the end ...the still went under in the mid 90's after winning back to back premierships in the 91 and 92 ..smashing Tiger Watto's pussy cats ....hehe

Someone posted a podcast recently where Benji was asked what he had been doing since he started/moved into the COE and he did mention he had been working on recruitment.

He also mentioned he had been making video packages for each player of all the good things they did this past season - this may not have taken long
I wonder what he did after smoko….

Latest posts

Back