Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I wish we have talent scouts that have talent like the storm seem to have
Instead of targeting aging former stars who are on the radar because their existing club are contemplating moving them on we target up and coming players who display that "x " factor and are just not getting a run in nrl
Isaiah Longhi at Penrith is one . Unfortunately some like Turuva are already hot properties . I don't get that excited about Woods , Fafita , and even Klemmer
Would like a solid center like Best
This RLWC is a show piece of potential talent and I hope we are scouring it ?
Is Sheens in the UK to find us some great recruits or is it a private trip to catch up with family and friends ? He did live there for many years

Instead of targeting aging former stars who are on the radar because their existing club are contemplating moving them on we target up and coming players who display that "x " factor and are just not getting a run in nrl
Isaiah Longhi at Penrith is one . Unfortunately some like Turuva are already hot properties . I don't get that excited about Woods , Fafita , and even Klemmer
Is Sheens in the UK to find us some great recruits or is it a private trip to catch up with family and friends ? He did live there for many years
Agree, we always seem to be chasing the also rans. I guess the plan is to create our own hot properties over time, then we can keep and/or sell.
I think TS is doing both in the UK. That’s what he alluded to in Ask the Boss video.

We have lots of excellent juniors in our Pathways system and many good staff now working towards producing talent for our NRL team. Tupou, Matamua, Faagutu, Tumeth, O'Kane, Scolari, Hill, Ngutlik, Bula, Feledy, Dotoi are just a few younger players that come to mind.

Sheens has always had the reputation for being one of the best talent scouts.

Agree, we always seem to be chasing the also rans. I guess the plan is to create our own hot properties over time, then we can keep and/or sell.
I think TS is doing both in the UK. That’s what he alluded to in Ask the Boss video.
I wonder how much time is on Tigers business .We are in serious need of a few great recruits . Almost November and Tim won't be able to use the
" cant do deals till Nov 1 " line soon . Naden still our only recruit in calendar year 2022 so far

I wonder how much time is on Tigers business .We are in serious need of a few great recruits . Almost November and Tim won't be able to use the
" cant do deals till Nov 1 " line soon . Naden still our only recruit in calendar year 2022 so far

Naden was a Madge recruit,not sure what Shonky has done except release players early

Naden was a Madge recruit,not sure what Shonky has done except release players early
Sheens from what I have heard has put a lot of work into retaining the Wests HM players. I understood consultation with the parents took place. Josh Feledy, the gun Manly centre is at our club I'm sure because of Sheens. There is much work being done in the junior space which is our future.

Well it's a complex topic right.

Compared to you - definitely not.
Compared to anyone that implied that I was racist because I criticized AD a tiny little bit - definitely not.

I did read an article recently that stated that all white people are racist so in this instance I'm racist.

I've also seen on this thread morons stating that if you criticise AD a little bit your racist. So in that instance I'm also racist.
We may work towards not being racist but everyone is regardless of colour. Racism based on centuries of war and hatred, religious doctrine and stereotyping are hard to change and some sections of community just don't want to.
I think the majority of most racial groups and societies have realised the stupidity of the notion of one group being better than another and are trying their best to not be but casual racism still persists.
Many cannot see casual racism as racism and I have been guilty of it myself.
Like others have done, I will call anyone out who I think is being purposely racist in an inflammatory way.

Who wants Klemmer?
Seriously...... I don’t see the upside of signing him.
Surely there’s a bloke running around lower grades that’s more promising than a bloke who’s best football is behind him.
We are already full of lower grade players. Which of our competitors has so many non-first graders in their squad? You need experienced players to lead. Hopefully if we get Klem he still has something to prove.

Sheens from what I have heard has put a lot of work into retaining the Wests HM players. I understood consultation with the parents took place. Josh Feledy, the gun Manly centre is at our club I'm sure because of Sheens. There is much work being done in the junior space which is our future.
I applaud the work on juniors so what year are these talented kids likely to help us make the NRL finals ? and that's if another club doesn't grab them just as they are about to hit the big time. Raiders just plundered 5 gun Dragons juniors
What most fans want is top8 in 23 !!

Anyone who doesn’t want Klemmer hasnt watched knights games the past 3 years. He’s in their best 3 players every week and would be our best prop by a mile.
Haven't watched too many Knights games. My mate who is a Knights member is very happy for him to leave the club.

I applaud the work on juniors so what year are these talented kids likely to help us make the NRL finals ? and that's if another club doesn't grab them just as they are about to hit the big time. Raiders just plundered 5 gun Dragons juniors
We've seen quite a few debut this year - Tupou, Matamua, Pole and the young second row forward. No doubt Sheens, Marshall, Farah and Furner will work to retain the best.

I did notice the young fullback that has gone to the Raiders is from the Corrimal Cougars, the same club which produced Luke Patten and Tyson Frizzell. Illawarra is a gold mine of talent.

Our club has identified engagement with Campbelltown and Macarthur regions as being vital for our future. This strongly suggests we have learnt from the past so we don't see our best playing for the Roosters or Eels

We have been conditioned to looking at what might happen in 3-5 years time since JT was coach. No other club seems to peddle this mind set. The whole setting things up for Benji in two years time sets the narrative for Sheens if things are dire.
I'd like to believe we can't be off loading players without actively signing some FG quality replacements but it's really hard to have faith in a club that is always talking about two years time when others are focussing on next season.

We may work towards not being racist but everyone is regardless of colour.

I disagree and I'd happily discuss the topic but @Kul shut the topic down. If you start a new topic and it stays open I'd discuss it.

I just want to be extremely clear on my position. Racism has no place anywhere.

Since racism has no place anywhere you also can't just call people racist when they don't agree with you. This is a really poor way to argue.
Hey there Earl, yes it is a really poor way to argue, but more importantly it's the woke way to argue.
And that of course doesn't change the fact it's a really poor way to argue . . . .

We have been conditioned to looking at what might happen in 3-5 years time since JT was coach. No other club seems to peddle this mind set. The whole setting things up for Benji in two years time sets the narrative for Sheens if things are dire.
I'd like to believe we can't be off loading players without actively signing some FG quality replacements but it's really hard to have faith in a club that is always talking about two years time when others are focussing on next season.
In footy you can either sign talent or develop talent.

For mine, the chances of a wooden spoon team signing enough quality first graders to make the top eight is about the same as Scott Morrison winning Miss Universe.

Since the Moses/Woods/Tedesco/Brooks/Nofoaluma era, we've really dropped the ball on developing talent and have been stuck signing has-beens from other clubs or gambling on fringe talent or unproven juniors.

While it sounds like a cop out to say that success is still a few years away, it's an realistic summary of the situation that we're in.

Yes that's a fact
My concern is 2023 and when I look at our diminishing roster I just can't see a competative lot .Its got " spoon " written all over it

Bottom 4 with Klemmer. I think we need Klemmer but I don't want to pay way overs for him especially on a longer term deal. I think we need a left edge backrower more than a big prop but we desperately need a big prop like Klemmer. I hope we get him.

Reactions: 851
In footy you can either sign talent or develop talent.

For mine, the chances of a wooden spoon team signing enough quality first graders to make the top eight is about the same as Scott Morrison winning Miss Universe.

Since the Moses/Woods/Tedesco/Brooks/Nofoaluma era, we've really dropped the ball on developing talent and have been stuck signing has-beens from other clubs or gambling on fringe talent or unproven juniors.

While it sounds like a cop out to say that success is still a few years away, it's an realistic summary of the situation that we're in.
Impossible to attract players to a club when you are selling something that might happen in 3 years time when they can sign with clubs that are aiming for success each season. That's why we attract players at the backend of their careers and or those just interested in money. We are entering a rebuild that has been going on for 10 years.

Latest posts

Members online

Back