Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I would take A. Fifita over Woods eight days a week. At least you know if his knees hold up on him he'll have a go. Woods is a pre-diabetic oaf who dicked the club as captain. He can worry about his media gig.
Before considering Fifita I would just ask him one thing-"come over here Andrew and just pop on the scales? "

woods would offer more than fafita he is a tackle away from retirement
Depends on the role needed.
If we wanted a depth 40+min prop then Woods does, if we wanted a punch impact style for 20mins off the bench Fafita wins.

He has been on what many perceive 1 tackle away from retirement for years but has kept playing, he played 22 games for the Sharks in 22. Most he played for 5yrs or so.

I can see this Brooks saga dragging on well in to pre season. The club needs to sit him and his manager down and tell them that they will release him but will not pay even 1 cent to Newcastle. Tell him and his manager to sought it out with them. This rubbish of players requesting releases and then expecting part of their salary to still be carried is total BS.

Depends on the role needed.
If we wanted a depth 40+min prop then Woods does, if we wanted a punch impact style for 20mins off the bench Fafita wins.

He has been on what many perceive 1 tackle away from retirement for years but has kept playing, he played 22 games for the Sharks in 22. Most he played for 5yrs or so.
Has a massive motor.

Reactions: 851
He's had years of proving that if it's all on him - It just won't happen.
He's not the player he was considered to be (Losing his origin spot confirms that)

We would be banking on him, And he's not the guy you can bank on...
He'll need to go to the Roosters or a team that can do it without him.
We're not that team - Any money spent on him would be wasted.
Your not getting what I’m saying. Fafita could cruise in our side and still be our best player by the end of the year. Especially with the amount of worker types we have signed.
He single Handedly won games for the Titans. We could only dream of having a player like that.

Put it this way.

Say we resigned Kelma on 400k or so that Manly has signed and he plays identical to how he played this year.
Well I would argue that the out put of the two back rowers on avg was about equal. But with Fafita in addition you get an absolute X factor / game breaker.

The solution is don’t let him go to the defensive line without a pair or an out the back option, develop a before the line pass in him over the off season and you won’t have teams gang tackling him with 4-5 plus defenders to take him out of the game.

I can see this Brooks saga dragging on well in to pre season. The club needs to sit him and his manager down and tell them that they will release him but will not pay even 1 cent to Newcastle. Tell him and his manager to sought it out with them. This rubbish of players requesting releases and then expecting part of their salary to still be carried is total BS.

So can i but we start paying him for next year on Nov 1 each month it drags on the more we've paid him for nix.

I think some of us may be missing some context.

Whether he wears 7 or 13, Hastings is a game manager. He lacks the explosive speed but that's why the new game plan of him managing the game from 13 with two halves on either side of him could be the future.

We only really played this setup for 3 games this year until Hastings was injured. In those three games we lost to the premiers by only 2 points (due to a missed conversion), arguably beat the Cowboys then flogged Broncos in Brisbane.

This new way of running a spine could be a revelation. My only doubt is Hastings defending in the middle for 80 but he seemed to do alright in those games mentioned.

The element that is seemingly more and more vital in the modern game is footy brains. Thus how Cronk can guide the Rosters to a premiership with one arm. And Hastings has shown he has the nous and game management, at least more than our other potential halves.

Anyway, thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Lets be fair though, Hastings had his first season back in NRL this year and he didnt have a long enough stint in the halves to build confidence etc. I'd say what he lacks in speed he can make up for in game management/ kicking and footy knowledge.
Game management/footy knowledge is a massive advantage for at least one player to have on the field. We have been lacking that for awhile.
The Rosters won the GF with Cronk being on field only for those reasons when he had his injured shoulder.

Latest posts

Members online

Back