Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We need a PR play given where the club is at and woods returning to the club he always loved is exactly that. He's in the media and will be spruiking us from his microphone.

Adding that passion for the club will help infuse it with the kids coming through.

I think he can also do a reasonable job.

If it's not much cash, do it Sheens.
so much bad media in this signing. multiple replays of his rubbish from this year, replays of how he left the club. retirement signing. It wouldn't surprise me if the media team think its a good idea, they cant even put player names against photos and probably aren't old enough to know how/why he left and what he did.

Exactly. The first grade props are Klemmer, Utoikamanu, Twal and Pole, with Ofahengaue presumably at lock. That's who will be in the 17 for round one, but as soon as anyone gets injured or suspended its kids. I'd love to see some of the young guys getting game time this season buy I'd like that to be on the coaching staff's schedule, not thrown in willy nilly because there are no other options.

I'm not excited by a prospective Woods signing but I rarely am by fifth props. There's more chance of getting value out of Woods than most options that might be available for this role.
Exactly. Unlike us on the forum, The Tigers coaching staff, would review hrs and hrs of all players in all clubs ( no doubt a library of all games availiable to watch) looking at players performances in detail. Not like us dummies , that only watch bits and pieces and form rediculous opinions, with petty hates of people. Sheens is no dummy, 4 times premiership winning coach, Farrar , one of the best hookers to play the game at all levels, and Benji, NZ world cup captain, great half, played under Sheens, Benny and others at Brisbane and Souths. and Furner one of the best brains in the business. I value their opinion!

Aitasi James will light it up in KOE.
Young Fainu has a top 30 contract
with us, he's worked hard on the
body, got a point to prove with his
big bro in jail too. Just you watch

They both aren't better than Musgrove or Tamou to start 23, maybe in 12-24mths they have a massive step up but even then that's a stretch at this stage.

James did well last year but was still a way off NRL. His ruck defence was ordinary in KOE.
If he is on a T&T don't think he can play best case until after round 11

Fainu dropped back to Flegg last year to develop with the next batch brigade coming through over next 3yrs. He was coming off the bench at times though which was a concern. I liked the Fainu signing from Manly & think it was smart to line him up with the kids coming into grade potentially at the same time. Do think he is a way off though.

Yes but I was comparing how I felt about our squad sitting in Comm bank round 1 with how changes occurred since then make us better and Already knew Api and IPaps coming then
but it's the year on year change. "comm bank" not sure that matters

Roosters would need to move teddy on if they want to keep Joseph would be a great return if we got him
Now hears the kicker , if the rugby union are chasing Joseph , that’s great for us , because the roooters will have to way up between him and teddy , they can get 10 years out of Joseph but only 2-3 out of teddy , maybe they will throw teddy out just like they did with Pearce , I hope we are waiting in the wings

FYI I told a mate at Triple M about Woods coming here. That’s why they blasted it in radio. I know some here do the same with their friends in the media to support their mail. I’m guessing that’s how things are done around here nowadays?

I'm with you. Min contract for 1-2 yrs, still wears his tigers jocks under his other clubs kits.

Last year we had Tamou, Twal, Stefano, Musgrove, Joffa, Pole, Seyfarth, others in at prop.
Tamou, Musgrove are gone. Twal is questionable based on his head knocks.
2 gone and only 1 inbound in Klemmer who plays 19 games a year.

We need another prop in the squad numbers especially if Pole moves to the backrow otherwise. Seyfarth must be last resort.
Sorry guys but I would be medically retiring Twal or cut him loose. He just doesn’t have the impact offensively for me.

FYI I told a mate at Triple M about Woods coming here. That’s why they blasted it in radio. I know some here do the same with their friends in the media to support their mail. I’m guessing that’s how things are done around here nowadays?

Mate - you are miles behind me. I just post it on here and someone will run with it.

Back