Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

What's the difference between this and how we got in cap trouble with farah.
Is that we promised Farah a contract while he was on the books.

Still, I mean c'mon. We all know Josh Jackson was backloaded like Greg Eastwood. He slightly underperforms and then becomes a physical training coach.

Sadly Gould will be looking straight at John Bateman and anyone else we were hoping to snare in the market.

Wait and see policy on AD I reckon. Good player, nothing special, would like him to stay but nothing tragic if he chases the money and leaves though. Nobody is forking out $900k for him that is for sure
The tiger are stupid enough to pay more for Brooks after 9 years of failure to deliver.

AD and Hastings are within their right to ask for more $$$ when they're the more likely to be the game changers in the team.

all the luke Brooks rubbish from Buzz re Newcastle him and Read along with Hooper are pathetic. They made Brooks salary Udall last year so making up AD salary doesn't suprise
So why is the forum taking the media’s reporting of AD’s asking price as fact when we know that numbers are made up and chucked around by tne media all the time.

I will give him ghe benefit of the doubt due to coming back from a knee injury. Either he starts the year strong and teams will be queuing up for him or he played like he did last year and he will get a pay cut.

I think the emphasis on bolstering the pack is a good thing, as our forwards have been pushovers for many years now. If Bateman ends up coming I can’t see us being pushovers anymore with the likes of him, Klemmer, Papalii, Ofengaue & Blore in the pack.

i also think the acquisition of Koroisau alone will change this team for the better. My only real concern recruitment wise is the halves. Throwing all the eggs in the Brooks basket, with little back up yet again, doesn’t fill me with much confidence, but who knows he might actually be able to achieve something behind a pack that is not dominated every week.
I agree, our forwards have been our archilles’ heal for far too long. The inclusion of Korosau and Papali’i is huge. These two could prove to be our best signings in the last decade. I’m sure Brooks will improve behind a more effective pack, but also think his halves partner may be someone like MM?

Can we pump the brakes on the AD hate.... he’s a very good player who came off his 2nd ACL injury and arguably was one of our best players and only one who could create for us - yeah his defence was sketchy but he’s the type to be able to work on that with a full pre season 100% and he’ll come back with vengeance next season

Take it from someone coming off an ACL injury very recently, it’s incredibly difficult to return and make an impact straight away

Anyone to compare him to a Corey Allan is just taking it overboard

I don’t think there is hate for AD.

Think most view AD as a value add to our side & would help us win games. In an attacking structured team his running game could be brilliant & step up a notch. Issue is how he fits into the team.

Alot of people run off what the media spin & make up. Its a rumors section. The rumor was 900k which creates reactions.

Brooks better have the best year in his career definitely after letting Hastings go

He doesn’t need to have his best year, he just needs to do his job and we will rise up. I would prefer 23 to be a changeup / confidence builder ahead of 24 with further reinforcements coming.

Hastings wasn’t great for us, sure he was better than Brooks this year but Hastings was hardly best year stuff.

We all on this Forum love some hot gossip and I am sure the trend these days is for Player Manager's to shop their clients around to increase their price for the current club to play extras and if they don't come to the party then they leave.

Player Managers get a percentage so it is in their best interest to get as much money got their client and themselves. Given the shortness of a NRL career I believe players should chase the big money when offered to them. Most of us would jump to a rival company if they offered you a huge payrise for the same role.

I am sure there are a lot of back room dealings and at times WT are used by players and their managers. Poor performing clubs need to pay extra to attract quality players.

Media players like Buzz appear to be part of the game for Player Manager to pump up the prices and in return they get some exclusives.

I have a mate who is related to brothers Joshua Drinkwater and Scott Drinkwater. Joshua was a player too good for State Cup but not good enough for the week to week grind of NRL hence he moved years ago to Super League and makes a very good living and has played 5/8 outside of James Maloney and now Mitch Pearce for the Catalans Dragons. Scott loves North QLD and the coaching style of Payten like most of the team and signed a huge extension.

Forum Members make me laugh when they refer to players as "Gods of State Cup". These players have talent and maybe on occasions and in the right clubs can play some NRL games but for a number of reasons are unable to sustain the level required to be a NRL player. People forget it is a huge jump in quality between semi professional State Cup players and full time NRL players. To play just a handful of NRL games would be an achievement. Injuries can cruel careers as well.

I love Rugby League and would have given anything to play one First Grade game for my beloved Western Suburbs Magpies (Just to clarify I would have been too old to play for WT).

Good old Quadja hey, wasn't he called that from the Darwin pre-season match?

Good old Quadja hey, wasn't he called that from the Darwin pre-season match?

May I ask where did "Quadja" come from and why does it apply to Joshua Drinkwater.

Scott visited WT as one of 4 clubs that wanted to sign up as a Central Coast Junior.

Whilst Storm was the lowest contract offer they stood heads and shoulders above the other 3 clubs in professionalism and vision for his career. His parents and Scott were met at Melbourne Airport by Cameron Smith and looked after for the next 2 days meeting all the important players of the Storm.

Their research on him was impressive and to have Billy Slater as your mentor was a major factor.

Bellamy spoke to him and his family personally whilst other clubs send other personal instead.

Scott got injured in a pre season game allowing Hughes and Papps to get a jump over him in the full back race hence he moved to Cowboys to play full back.

Hughes moved to half back once Cronk left and Papps became No 1.

I hope with Sheens and the COE WT can now complete with the Big Teams like Storm, Brown Paper Bag Chooks, etc

Last edited:
The tiger are stupid enough to pay more for Brooks after 9 years of failure to deliver.

AD and Hastings are within their right to ask for more $$$ when they're the more likely to be the game changers in the team.
You have Sheens quoted confirming if Brooks stays he will be on a reduced contract. I posted the article a few minutes ago but you double down on the misinformation with "the tiger (sic) are stupid enough to pay more for Brooks after 9 years of failure to deliver".

AD has every right to ask for more but whether the club agrees to it is a decision for Sheens and Marshall to make. Hastings has gone.

Who on Earth starts their negotiating position on what they are worth? If your looking to attract top dollar, you start high and work your way back....and hopefully end up 20-30% over what your true value is.

Adam is Wests Tigers all over and it will be a shame if we cannot find a spot for him.
That's the issue. He imo is a lock but unless you are as good as Brad Clyde or Cameron Murray you're unlikely to receive huge $.

Brooks better have the best year in his career definitely after letting Hastings go
What in the world has Brooks got to do with Hastings going ? Hastings left, he was not sacked.
Your comments make no sense,, Brooks ,AD, and the whole side i hope have a great year'.
If any don't perform. the club will find better players. This has nothing to do with individual players !

AD has every right to ask for more but whether the club agrees to it is a decision for Sheens and Marshall to make. Hastings has gone.

Everyone has the right to ask for more money but sometimes it simply isn't justified and it doesn't come across well.

AD and Hastings were reportedly after around 1 million dollars each. I'm confident these figures were really discussed and @cochise confirmed it was around that amount.

Since that point Sheens let go of Hastings and AD hasn't been re-signed. I'm sure we could afford that money (hence offering Moses big money) however it appears the club believes those players were asking for a salary above what we were prepared to pay.

AD had a terrible season last year. He was admittedly coming back from an ACL injury. He hasn't performed well enough though in any position to own that position.

I'm no AD hater. If anything I've been a massive supporter but when you aren't performing and you are asking for top dollar it's not going to come across well.

Last edited:
in o
I don’t think there is hate for AD.

Think most view AD as a value add to our side & would help us win games. In an attacking structured team his running game could be brilliant & step up a notch. Issue is how he fits into the team.

Alot of people run off what the media spin & make up. Its a rumors section. The rumor was 900k which creates reactions.

He doesn’t need to have his best year, he just needs to do his job and we will rise up. I would prefer 23 to be a changeup / confidence builder ahead of 24 with further reinforcements coming.

Hastings wasn’t great for us, sure he was better than Brooks this year but Hastings was hardly best year stuff.
In our side AD is a centre not a 6 and hopefully he can sign on and is happy to play centre in 2024 and beyond

Yeah whatever... When it comes to Brooks you can't be taken seriously
Because I was one of the few that didn'have putchforks out for him.
Thankfully Sheens wants Brooks here
Plenty were celebrating when they thought Brooks was gone abd took the media as gospel, now it is turned on a forum darling like AD oh no it can't be true... can it

Back