Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

So I have a question. Who will the centre be in 2025.

Because of all things I'm so sick of this position being amateur hour since Whatuira and Elford where there. Yes Simona and Lawrence went alright but jeez, it is probably the hardest position to defend and yet year after year it repeats the same rubbish.

What juniors do we have that are out and out centres. Not centres/2nd row. Centres?

Last edited:

Because of all things I'm so sick of this position being amateur hot since Whatuira and Elford where there. Yes Simona and Lawrence went alright but jeez, it is probably the hardest position to defend and yet year after year it repeats the same rubbish.

What juniors do we have that are out and out centres. Not centres/2nd row. Centres?
Feledy is one. Really hoping he comes on.

No offence but he has a few highlights. Brooks might not be a top 8 half but jeez he tries hard and has a good skill level.
Since 2018 the only highlight I can remember is his winning field goal this season.
IMHO his skill level is very poor, especially just the basics of passing and kicking. Good defender though and yep he has a dig most weeks.

Because of all things I'm so sick of this position being amateur hour since Whatuira and Elford where there. Yes Simona and Lawrence went alright but jeez, it is probably the hardest position to defend and yet year after year it repeats the same rubbish.

I think Junior Tupou will be a gun centre

Sorry to disagree but Hastings and Douhie didn't have any game breaker attributes apart from Douhie catching bombs and scoring from centre.

Douhies cut out passes and bombs are skilful but his cut out passes go to a winger who is already marked and his bombs go randomly( opposite of what Cleary did to Waqa Blake when he peppered him strategically).

Hastings was a good leader but he was slow and defences read him pretty well at the end.

Laurie has heart and has some good skill but he gets lazy in defence when he's caught out often and he never follows the forwards in the middle. How many times was there a potential offload or break and Laurie was no where to be seen? To be a top fullback there is no slacking off ever.

They aren't the worse but they need to up their game exponentially if they ant to play deep in the finals.
Hastings was a good leader but he was slow and defences read him pretty well at the end.

Yep dont think you can build a team around 1 player no matter how committed they appear to be …a team like we have is gonna need multiple points of attack and speed to have any chance of success with the roster we have . The most positive factor is we have at last got some potential in the forwards (if remain injury free) to stop us from being bullied and run over by the opposition and allow our backs to make a difference

Feledy is the guy as @Fade.To.Black alluded to. other centre could potentially be Junior Tupou if they decide to play him there as opposed to wing. in terms of players we have in the juniors, William Craig is a great prospect. Heamasi Makasini is another but he's still a fair way off. there's a couple in Ball (Dotoi, Saukuru) and Flegg (Vaihu, Picken) that are worth a look but unsure at this stage if they'll transition.

Peni and Livai Saukuru are on train and trial but imo they won't be first graders. would love to be proven wrong tho.

I think it will still be Zurich and it will be Excellent. :oops::unsure::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Feledy is the guy as @Fade.To.Black alluded to. other centre could potentially be Junior Tupou if they decide to play him there as opposed to wing. in terms of players we have in the juniors, William Craig is a great prospect. Heamasi Makasini is another but he's still a fair way off. there's a couple in Ball (Dotoi, Saukuru) and Flegg (Vaihu, Picken) that are worth a look but unsure at this stage if they'll transition.

Peni and Livai Saukuru are on train and trial but imo they won't be first graders. would love to be proven wrong tho.
Sorry jrtiger I'm not up to speed with the lower grades: how old are some of those players you mentioned?

Josh feledy may be ready by then.... may even jag a spot in 24

We rarely agree on players but I do in regard to Moses.

He is a better player than what we have. I question his ability to be the man to steer a team to the premiership but he will make us a top 8 side. If he regularly takes us into the 8, there's a knock on effect to being attractive to other potential recruits.

I don't like him but I think a utilitarian approach is required with him. Bring him back, use him as long as we need him and then move on.
Mitch Moses... I just can't do it.

Look I have no ill towards the guy. Hey be part of the Tigers and he says "No". Okay, I respect that.
Others hate his guts I get it, but I respect Moses oddly because he was clear from the start "I don't want to be here, stop talking me up. I want out of the club".

No way do I want him back. It's like that old girlfriend you meet again 9 years later who you had a bad breakup with, I am over it. I don't want to mess with her relationship nor her mine.
Yes he can do the halfback role, yes he would be better then Brooks for what we need.

Rugby league I hate you. Let Parra and Moses have a nice career together.

Just spitballing here guys. If we're balls deep in the market for a halfback/5-8 for 2024, it looks our best off-contract options are:

Mitch Moses, Dylan Brown, Ezra Mam (as a potential star) & perhaps a greater chance for George Williams in 2024 (than 23).

Now if we miss any of the above, do we focus on within (Brooks-Laurie or Brooks-Doeuihi combo) AND sign either Kurt Falls or Brandon Wakeham as our 30th player for '23 and see what they can do.

Wakeham is still young, has a big kicking game & WC experience behind him now but does tend to go in-and-out of games. Is he worth a 1-year top 30 contract?
I personally would have tried to get Clifford if we are that in need of a half/five eighth. Just my opinion though

Back