Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Pretty youthful, besides Klem and Brown .. being 28 and 29.

We got good players in the wings waiting for their chance.

Talau, Matamua, Kautoga and the likes.

This is very Sheens - like, 05 formula.
Surrounding the talented kids around some experienced workers.
No really fussed if brown comes or not. I wouldn’t be unhappy.As he adds depth to the forwards and could give the likes of Talau, Blore and Matamua time to build into the season.
However, I’d tread with caution as I only see Brown playing NRL level for another year or so then he would be done. We would only need him for 1 year. So often these type of deals with older players don’t work out for us.

No to Brown, Aaron, Mitchell or Teddy. This isn’t back to the future, regardless of the coaching staff.
To build from within, we need to show that players from our turf are important to us.

That's how we build from our juniors. That's how we re-sign people for an under-market price and build a team. Show them we're more than a logo and that the brand is something deeper.

We can never be a checkbook club full of mercenaries. We need something more. Bringing as many of them home, where they can play a part, starts to re-grow that brand with a depth of purpose that we've lost in years gone by.

It's going to help us retain our juniors.

To build from within, we need to show that players from our turf are important to us.

That's how we build from our juniors. That's how we re-sign people for an under-market price and build a team. Show them we're more than a logo and that the brand is something deeper.

We can never be a checkbook club full of mercenaries. We need something more. Bringing as many of them home, where they can play a part, starts to re-grow that brand with a depth of purpose that we've lost in years gone by.

I completely agree with you apart from bringing them home. We don't want them. The guys that left are bad examples of what we are trying to achieve.

We want to give opportunities to guys like Matamua and Kautoga.

Really dont see what Brown brings to the roster tbh...weve now got plenty of experience...he doesnt have ball playing skills...plus he;s pretty bustedgotta figure we'd be better off with one of Offa or the young guns at 13,and using the spot for someone who can make a difference?
To keep Blore on his toes? 😂

I completely agree with you apart from bringing them home. We don't want them. The guys that left are bad examples of what we are trying to achieve.

We want to give opportunities to guys like Matamua and Kautoga.
I don't know. I tend to put more blame on the club than on the players. We were an absolute *** show back then!

Imagine putting up with Taylorball when you had the talent these guys had.

I hope we bring back Mitch. Brown covers a need (if on the right coin) and Woods could be good depth if he's willing to do that.

I don't know. I tend to put more blame on the club than on the players. We were an absolute *** show back then!

Imagine putting up with Taylorball when you had the talent these guys had.

You know what you do with traitors. You cut off the snakes head.

Seriously reward the guys who deserve to be rewarded.

Did you hear the comment about Turdhead on here recently. He has made it clear he is too good for the greatest club in the world but he is right at home with the latte sniffers in the Eastern Suburbs.

You have to have standards mate.

It's going to help us retain our juniors.

I agree with that but it should only be juniors who have not crapped on the club

If we get Brown & Bateman I think we would have one of the best forward packs in the competition & I would also sign Will Smith on an NRL contract as our utility that would round out our top 30 for 2023.
This team below can make the semifinals.
Charlie Staines
David Nofoaluma
Brent Naden
Adam Douiehi
Ken Maumalo
Daine Laurie
Luke Brooks
Nathan Brown
Isaiah Papali’i
John Bateman
Joe Ofahengaue (c)
Api Koroisau
David Klemmer
Bench
Will Smith
Fonua Pole
Alex Twal
Stefano Utoikamanu
Reserves
Starford To’a
Triston Reilly
Junior Tupou
AJ Kepaoa
Tommy Talau
Justin Matamua
Brandon Tumeth
Tuki Simpkins
Alex Seyfarth
Sione Fainu
Jake Simpkin
Rua Ngatikaura
Lomi Saukuru
Thats our top 30 for 2023 not bad at all.
Development Players
Josh Feledy
Jimmy Ngutlik
Kitione Kautoga
Christian Ma’anaima
I would also add Jimmy Ngutlik as part of our development squad.

If we get Brown & Bateman I think we would have one of the best forward packs in the competition & I would also sign Will Smith on & an NRL contract as our utility & release Seyfarth that would round out our top 30 for 2023.​

This team below can make the semifinals.
Charlie Staines
David Nofoaluma
Brent Naden
Adam Douiehi
Ken Maumalo
Daine Laurie
Luke Brooks
Nathan Brown
Isaiah Papali’i
John Bateman
Joe Ofahengaue (c)
Api Koroisau
David Klemmer
Bench
Will Smith
Fonua Pole
Alex Twal
Stefano Utoikamanu
Reserves
Starford To’a
Triston Reilly
Junior Tupou
AJ Kepaoa
Tommy Talau
Justin Matamua
Brandon Tumeth
Shawn Blore
Tuki Simpkins
Sione Fainu
Jake Simpkin
Rua Ngatikaura
Lomi Saukuru
Thats our top 30 for 2023 not bad at all.
Development Players
Josh Feledy
Jimmy Ngutlik
Kitione Kautoga
Christian Ma’anaima
I would also add Jimmy Ngutlik as part of our development squad.

Attachments

• 1669467515209.gif
    1669467515209.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 45
  • 1669467515324.gif
    1669467515324.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 43
  • 1669467515438.gif
    1669467515438.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 29
  • 1669467515544.gif
    1669467515544.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 20
  • 1669467515648.gif
    1669467515648.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 14
  • 1669467515755.gif
    1669467515755.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 15
  • 1669467515859.gif
    1669467515859.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 40
Could see why Sheens would want Brown & why we kept Tuki. It’s about skill forwards give attacking options.

I trust the team atm roster wise but Brown like Bateman just not convinced and would be meh see it but hope they aren’t long term signings

I am all in for Bateman. Hopefully the deal is done and announced shortly.

As far as Brown goes, I was skeptical when it first came up. With Hastings now gone though, I can see merit in him on a 2 year deal max. This will allow enough time for our young guys to develop without being rushed and learn off another experienced bloke in that position. Ultimately in 2024, you hope Matamua (or Fa'agutu) takes over from Brown if they are good enough.

The key thing recruitment wise seems to be the last few blokes we have/are rumoured to bringing in are 'win at all costs' blokes and are filthy with losing. They also all add a bit of mongrel. Hopefully this type of culture is brought into training and the young guys pick up on it.

Back