Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I'm sick of reading this dead set load of crap
- The "Kid" had a poor game..... So What?
Was man of the match or there abouts the week before wasn't he?
People speak about it like he had bets on the game....
Maybe his head wasn't in it, Maybe he just had a poor game - Maybe the opposition frustrated him, shut him down or some such.

To claim he "Deliberately Tanked" to get a release like you're his mum and he told you a secret
is just garbage.

I've also seen Benji Marshall play so poorly you could assume he was being paid,
Assuming it and claiming it as fact are on opposite sides of the galaxy.

I disagree

Are they though? When we resigned Brooks after 2018 on a huge $ deal did anyone know if he or Mitch Moses were the better player? Fast forward 4 years and we are thinking of repeating the past on a guy who has ‘proven’ himself in a top 4 team. What if he’s still the same guy who left us when he’s in a bottom 4 team? Another long term half on too much $!!!!
I have always thought Moses was the better player, and it's not even close, I still think that

I don't really want to wade into this ....but I think if a person wants to come out and make claims about being in the know they should at least own it when they are wrong ...if your not prepared to own your misinformation ...then don't post it ....Fair ????
Why does it matter though?

For example Pom posted that Brooks management advised the club he intended to sign with Newcastle. Now he’s copping it from some.

None of us know if that happened or not, but I do know that when contacts are being negotiated what is true today may not be true tomorrow, and what one party believes is true may not be true to the other. So if they are going to get hammered for posting what they hear, why would they bother?

Better to say nothing and not cop the flack, which doesn’t make for a great forum.

This is a “rumors” thread.

Nothing is guaranteed until its signed, sealed and delivered meaning any rumour can change no matter how solid it is.

Therefore if people don’t want speculation aka rumors - you may as well wait until things are signed and you read about it in the media.

Some people on this forum are hear for the speculation but want people to apologize if their information is incorrect ??

Why would anyone post anything if they have to apologize particularly to people that are ungrateful.

I suggest if you want solid info wait for the media, otherwise stop complaining and hammering people who post what they hear.

Maybe you are right, but doesn't take away the fact in my opinion Moses was always and still is a better player than Brooks

Marginally, but yes as a footy player, and I have always shared the same opinion.

Not much between them, but as a whole person, Brooks easily the pick of the two.

Maybe you are right, but doesn't take away the fact in my opinion Moses was always and still is a better player than Brooks
don't agree bit there you go, since Moses left he has had a very good team to work with good forwards and backs Brooks has had rubbish to work with
Brooks will kill it with the 2023 team and 2024 team being built

I don't really want to wade into this ....but I think if a person wants to come out and make claims about being in the know they should at least own it when they are wrong ...if your not prepared to own your misinformation ...then don't post it ....Fair ????
The forum really feeds off rumours. It's human nature to do so.
There are a few members of the forum who quote info and this info should be taken as rumours only as it's not official until they run out onto LO or CS wearing WT kit. Even our club states one thing and the goal posts change the next week.
The reason the POM was given VIP status was for his information (rumours) contributions and being humble at the same time.
If the information that the POM provides proves to be wrong it's not the end of the world....goal posts change as I said.
He doesn't need to justify anything. His credibility should be based on providing us content for discussion whilst being nice at the same time.

There's a lot of noise about Moses leaving Parra which seems to get louder, whilst there's a lot of noise about Moses potentially coming to us and we seem somewhat confident (which is the mail I got as well) which also seems to get louder.... I thought about it and I think the lure to come to us is there, here's why:

- Sheens was at the club when Moses was a kid and from all reports they had a good relationship and Sheens is a very good operator I feel comfortable with him in control of recruitment selling the vision

- Benji will be the head coach in 2025, the lure of playing under your childhood hero at your boyhood club will be massive esp with Benji promoting the idea of Moses being able to play a brand of football which would intrigue him (that stuff matters) he went on Benji's show twice last year too... very good relo between the two and as soon as Benji was announced the next day the Moses news came out - there's a reason for that

- Playing with his best mate in the halves.... him and Brooks have and still hold a very tight relo together the idea of reuniting and rewriting there history together is promising

- Most importantly.... $ will be incredible for him he'll get more coin with us by all reports somewhere in the vicinity of 200-250k more a year - trust me on this with his young family money will be priority

- His relo with Farah (lebo connection) is also strong, Farah is a recruiter as well he'll be in his ear as well.... not sure about AD but they may be close too

- Our latest recruits will help attract stars Moses knows Papalili better than anyone in terms of ability as they had so much success together last season, also Api as his 9 he knows he'll have some space and quality helping him in the spine and mongrel forwards like Klemmer, Bateman and potentially Brown as well along with what we already have here and the hype around our juniors too

- We've held I think 2-3 meetings with Moses management from all reports, whenever he does a tour of our COE he'll know first hand the leaps we've taken from a facility perspective as he lived it in 2016 state of the art facilities will definitely be an attraction

Sorry for the bible verse... but the idea of Moses coming seems to be gaining traction and personally I think it isn't so far fetched we can be a powerhouse come 2024

Why does it matter though?

For example Pom posted that Brooks management advised the club he intended to sign with Newcastle. Now he’s copping it from some.

None of us know if that happened or not, but I do know that when contacts are being negotiated what is true today may not be true tomorrow, and what one party believes is true may not be true to the other. So if they are going to get hammered for posting what they hear, why would they bother?

Better to say nothing and not cop the flack, which doesn’t make for a great forum.
Dealt with the same stuff

But if the info I provided was wrong I owned it ....apologized and moved on ...I think people can get that .....but when you start claiming your not wrong when clearly you were ......yes info changes daily ...nightly even

Even smoking gun was humorous ..but when he claimed that Braith was on take after a Friday night game .....

The bloke last year that continually claiming he was right or had got 1/6 of his predictions correct claimed he wasn't wrong ...well ....you lost me mate ...accountability is pretty important to me

The bloke last year that continually claiming he was right or had got 1/6 of his predictions correct claimed he wasn't wrong ...well ....you lost me mate ...accountability is pretty important to me

I don't see it as this simple though. The situation can change pretty late in the piece.

Dealt with the same stuff

But if the info I provided was wrong I owned it ....apologized and moved on ...I think people can get that .....but when you start claiming your not wrong when clearly you were ......yes info changes daily ...nightly even

Even smoking gun was humorous ..but when he claimed that Braith was on take after a Friday night game .....

You could just ignore it happy.
I know we'll make the top 8 next year, I'm always right 🤣

Back