Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Hastings article today was an interesting read. Personally think it really shows the professionalism of Jacko and Sheens. Many have questioned the decision, but for a player who received a major pay upgrade and a long term deal in the position they prefer, to turn around and vent to the media about their former club rather than focus on their new club that has made a major investment speaks volumes. Sheens reaction in contrast shows the level of professionalism to the club, player and opposing club that it deserves.

On Moses, very very positive signs. Personally, i think this will get done minus a last minute change of heart from Parra in terms of pay. The figures getting thrown around are definitely overstated. Deal from the Tigers is around 950k-1.1m under the cap across the years (about 100-200k in TPAs) with Parra under that and the Dogs offering similar/slightly more over the last 2 years. However, its between Parra and the Tigers. Moses has no hard feelings towards the Tigers and is eager to play with Brooks and work with Sheens, Benji and Robbie. Currently in the US, however will inform the club this week on his return.

Bishops news this week was fairly spot on, hence the reluctancy to commit to a timeline for annoucement. With Isaac Moses managing both Bateman and MM the annoucement will be delayed until the club is certain with what is happening with MM and the possibility of MM arriving in 2023. If he was able to be granted an immediate release, the Bateman deal would be slightly restructured to accomodate MM in 2023. This is extremely unlikely, as i personally can't see Parramatta letting him go early and have stated as much to strong arm him into staying.

In other news, To'o will be staying at Penrith and it is also very likely that Crichton will reject a big money offer from the Bulldogs to stay barring further offers/upgraded offers. Burton will be staying at the dogs after rejecting the first two extension offers and will be on 900k+ rising to 1m in the 3rd and 4th years. Personally think this is a good deal for both parties given the rise in the cap and Burtons age/potential. Farnworths manager has been speaking to a few clubs but think he will be at the Dolphins with the money they are offering. Dom Young getting a ton of offers and will be out of Newcastle if they cannot get close to matching.
Wow 🔥

Great post.

Hastings article today was an interesting read. Personally think it really shows the professionalism of Jacko and Sheens. Many have questioned the decision, but for a player who received a major pay upgrade and a long term deal in the position they prefer, to turn around and vent to the media about their former club rather than focus on their new club that has made a major investment speaks volumes. Sheens reaction in contrast shows the level of professionalism to the club, player and opposing club that it deserves.

On Moses, very very positive signs. Personally, i think this will get done minus a last minute change of heart from Parra in terms of pay. The figures getting thrown around are definitely overstated. Deal from the Tigers is around 950k-1.1m under the cap across the years (about 100-200k in TPAs) with Parra under that and the Dogs offering similar/slightly more over the last 2 years. However, its between Parra and the Tigers. Moses has no hard feelings towards the Tigers and is eager to play with Brooks and work with Sheens, Benji and Robbie. Currently in the US, however will inform the club this week on his return.

Bishops news this week was fairly spot on, hence the reluctancy to commit to a timeline for annoucement. With Isaac Moses managing both Bateman and MM the annoucement will be delayed until the club is certain with what is happening with MM and the possibility of MM arriving in 2023. If he was able to be granted an immediate release, the Bateman deal would be slightly restructured to accomodate MM in 2023. This is extremely unlikely, as i personally can't see Parramatta letting him go early and have stated as much to strong arm him into staying.

In other news, To'o will be staying at Penrith and it is also very likely that Crichton will reject a big money offer from the Bulldogs to stay barring further offers/upgraded offers. Burton will be staying at the dogs after rejecting the first two extension offers and will be on 900k+ rising to 1m in the 3rd and 4th years. Personally think this is a good deal for both parties given the rise in the cap and Burtons age/potential. Farnworths manager has been speaking to a few clubs but think he will be at the Dolphins with the money they are offering. Dom Young getting a ton of offers and will be out of Newcastle if they cannot get close to matching.
The WTs dealt with the Hastings' matter expeditiously and he was gone before the ink dried on his release. I believe that probably informs us of what we needed to know about him. I hope he can find a home with the Knights.

Buzz working his magic to convince Moses to stay at Eels.. There is no way Eels are making the GF next year with the players they have lost and will be lucky to make the 8. If he wanted to stay I would of thought it would of been done by now so the Eels can announce it and drive memberships sales etc..

Dogs seem to have an unlimited Salary cap and they are a big concern but I might be bias here but I think Tigers is a better option for Moses if he leaves due to the players we have added and the whole turnover in players / coaching for the better.

Buzz needs to retire as he changes stories every week to suit an agenda and it blows my mind how he has not been tapped on the shoulder yet.
Buzz gets paid to generate interest in what he writes - I'd say does that better than most.

Love these early morning updates CCTW. Appreciate the update.

Hastings is a passionate human. Not surprised at all he had a back handed dig at the club he probably believed he had done enough this season for the club to want to retain him - but he wasn't wanted by the coach it's that simple. He is not the first player or coach who has had a crack at a club that they think has not treated them in a way that they deserved - and Sheens has been just as guilty of that when the shoe was on the other foot. Got nothing to do with professionalisn its human nature.

Hastings is a passionate human. Not surprised at all he had a back handed dig at the club he probably believed he had done enough this season for the club to want to retain him - but he wasn't wanted by the coach it's that simple. He is not the first player or coach who has had a crack at a club that they think has not treated them in a way that they deserved - and Sheens has been just as guilty of that when the shoe was on the other foot. Got nothing to do with professionalisn its human nature.

There was no quotes from him in the article.
Just Weidler making assumptions.

Hastings posted on his social media how thankful he was to the Tigers & how much he enjoyed his time.

I wouldn't put too much into this lame article by Weidler.

So if Moses came back to WT in 2024 (can't see Eels letting him go early) then Moses at half back and Brooks a running five eight.

Looking forward to Bateman deal being announced and maybe WT should left one spot open in the top 30 just in case a player like Dom Young becomes available. I think Nathan Brown is pass his prime and don't see an upside signing him.

1 Charlie Staines
2 Liam Scolari
3 Jnr Tupou
4 Brent Naden
5 Jordan Hill
6 Luke Brooks
7 Mitchell Moses
8 Joe Offa
9 Api Korosau
10 David Klemmer
11 Isahia Papallii
12 John Bateman
13 Justin Matamua

14 Rua Ngatkaura
15 Fonua Pole
16 Stefano Utoikamanu
17 Alex Twal

Thanks for the updates. Watch us all now count down until next week! 🤞🤞🤞

1 Charlie Staines
2 Liam Scolari
3 Jnr Tupou
4 Brent Naden
5 Jordan Hill
6 Luke Brooks
7 Mitchell Moses
8 Joe Offa
9 Api Korosau
10 David Klemmer
11 Isahia Papallii
12 John Bateman
13 Justin Matamua

14 Rua Ngatkaura
15 Fonua Pole
16 Stefano Utoikamanu
17 Alex Twal
I like your team Demps but I get the feeling Jimmy Ngutlik is going to make an appearance at some stage.

1 Charlie Staines
2 Liam Scolari
3 Jnr Tupou
4 Brent Naden
5 Jordan Hill
6 Luke Brooks
7 Mitchell Moses
8 Joe Offa
9 Api Korosau
10 David Klemmer
11 Isahia Papallii
12 John Bateman
13 Justin Matamua

14 Rua Ngatkaura
15 Fonua Pole
16 Stefano Utoikamanu
17 Alex Twal
Not bad, would like to see an upgrade in our back 5.
But they may surprise us still

Back