Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

View attachment 3721

For the love of god i hope we get Moses to rub it in their faces, and god hope they do crap this year. With Ciraldo, Kikau and Mahoney they are certainly blowing wind in their ass. Look they do have an improved squad but gotta relax, havent been good in a while (so have us)
I'd argue our recruitment has been much better than theirs this season. We've signed a top 2 hooker in the game. Arguably the best second rower in the game (who I personally think is much more consistent than Kikau on less money). An elite representative prop who was one of the best props last season, John Bateman OTW (Apparently) who will be another damaging ball runner for Moses to play off. Bulldogs always been good at talking the talk, but rarely do they ever walk the walk.

View attachment 3721

For the love of god i hope we get Moses to rub it in their faces, and god hope they do crap this year. With Ciraldo, Kikau and Mahoney they are certainly blowing wind in their ass. Look they do have an improved squad but gotta relax, havent been good in a while (so have us)
Improved to about 10-12. Them talking of finals makes me laugh so.much

That argument only works if you aren't comparing Tigers to Bulldogs. Bulldogs have had as much infighting shambles and player misbehaviour as any club the past 10 years, and absolutely wooden spoon bottomed out as bad as any club 2020-21.
Dogs are factional but highly engaged.

Tigers have a passive board

They have nothing else better to do those guys lol. Love to shit on us lmao.

View attachment 3721

From that same doggies forum, they say the Tigers are meeting with Moses mananagement today ? Not sure if anyone knows this is the case or not ?

Reactions: 851
Mitch is in a great spot: three clubs, all armed with their chequebooks and an increased salary cap chasing his signature. Might cost him a few visits to each, but could net him an extra couple of hundred thousand per year, in contact and tpas. I'd visit a few places for that return.

From that same doggies forum, they say the Tigers are meeting with Moses mananagement today ? Not sure if anyone knows this is the case or not ?
It's almost certainly people on that forum sharing what they've read here. An echo chamber of rumour and speculation, in other words (not saying it's not true, just that it being on there doesn't make it any more likely to be).

I'd argue our recruitment has been much better than theirs this season. We've signed a top 2 hooker in the game. Arguably the best second rower in the game (who I personally think is much more consistent than Kikau on less money). An elite representative prop who was one of the best props last season, John Bateman OTW (Apparently) who will be another damaging ball runner for Moses to play off. Bulldogs always been good at talking the talk, but rarely do they ever walk the walk.

Kennel guy over here, no disrespect but I wish the best for us and Tigers. I'm tired of seeing the Storm, Panthers and Roosters on top, and i hope the bottom team like us and the Tigers finally get back to the top. Now regarding, the Mahoney/Api, Papalii/Kikau and Klemmer/Thompson situation.

Api has signed a 2 year contract with an Mutual Option for the 3rd year. He just turned 30 yesterday and when the 3 year contract runs out, who will replace him? We've signed a top 4 hooker who is 23 and has signed a 4 year contract. I will be honest Api is better than Mahoney, but his body can't last that long and age effects speed. That is one of Api's advantages and it's what makes him play good.

I absolutely disgaree on the Papalii/Kikau situation. Papalii is a top 3 second rower, but Kikau is 1000 times better. He's won 3 or 4 Dally M medals year after year and in 2022 he has been very consistent. Papalii has had 1-2 good years and Kikau has way more experience and can create nothing into something. Especially, now with Burton, Kikau, the Fox and whoever the left centre is.

Klemmer is miles better than Luke Thompson and there is no argument on that. Great signing.

Kennel guy over here, no disrespect but I wish the best for us and Tigers. I'm tired of seeing the Storm, Panthers and Roosters on top, and i hope the bottom team like us and the Tigers finally get back to the top. Now regarding, the Mahoney/Api, Papalii/Kikau and Klemmer/Thompson situation.

Api has signed a 2 year contract with an Mutual Option for the 3rd year. He just turned 30 yesterday and when the 3 year contract runs out, who will replace him? We've signed a top 4 hooker who is 23 and has signed a 4 year contract. I will be honest Api is better than Mahoney, but his body can't last that long and age effects speed. That is one of Api's advantages and it's what makes him play good.

I absolutely disgaree on the Papalii/Kikau situation. Papalii is a top 3 second rower, but Kikau is 1000 times better. He's won 3 or 4 Dally M medals year after year and in 2022 he has been very consistent. Papalii has had 1-2 good years and Kikau has way more experience and can create nothing into something. Especially, now with Burton, Kikau, the Fox and whoever the left centre is.

Klemmer is miles better than Luke Thompson and there is no argument on that. Great signing.
I guess the Papali'i/Kikau situation is a bit subjective, I've found with Kikau he'll play great against teams like Tigers & Bulldogs but go missing when it's a really big game (which is why I said he's inconsistent.) In regards to Api, sure he might lose some speed but elite hookers like Smith & Farah were able to play till 37 & 35 because what they lacked in speed they had in smarts & game management which is what I see in Api as well.

be interesting for you guys, Kikau n Mahoney have been lazy the last 2 years,omi,not after a dust up with U.hope for the sake of the game Doggies get the best out of them.we just need a couple of old farts for a few years to pump up the ego.s of the young guys

I guess the Papali'i/Kikau situation is a bit subjective, I've found with Kikau he'll play great against teams like Tigers & Bulldogs but go missing when it's a really big game (which is why I said he's inconsistent.) In regards to Api, sure he might lose some speed but elite hookers like Smith & Farah were able to play till 37 & 35 because what they lacked in speed they had in smarts & game management which is what I see in Api as well.

Yeah i agree Kikau is a flat track bully, i think ice is a better more well rounded 2nd. Reed obviously has more longevity but as it stand Api is the better player and your Prem window as you have seen with Parra is only open for a small time unless your the Storm, Panthers, Rooster ect
Im not worried post Api we have plenty of depth in the hooker position and yes Klemmer is better than Thompson but you could argue the dogs are starting from a better base minus those key positions in FB and Half. Im still not confident Moses rocks up at Concord this year or next time will tell i guess.

Back