Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The bigger issue was no player talk ......the players have to believe in themselves and talk up the game plan .......no matter what the scoreline
Has to be leadership on the field or no matter how the coach delivers his halftime talk - yelling or whispering - in the heat of the battle some one has to lead that others will follow and set the standard on the field.

The only halves trialling over pre-season are Camroux, Will Smith, Kade Hill and Luke Knight.

We know Smith is just a fringe first-grader who can sometimes do a job; not sure if the others will end up making it.

Knight has joined us from the Roosters and he’s a fullback/half so haven’t seen heaps of him.

I thought Kade Hill was very good this year at Jersey Flegg level.
Not sure if his skill will translate to first grade, as he’s all skin and bones, but he’ll start the year in NSW Cup and go from there.

Have also read a few times that they’re training Reilly as a half, not as an outside back, interestingly enough.
What’s that, are saying Tristan Reilly the union centre that can’t tackle a been bag glued to the lounge room floor is training at halfback?

What’s that, are saying Tristan Reilly the union centre that can’t tackle a been bag glued to the lounge room floor is training at halfback?
Would think more five-eighth, but yeah, in the halves is what’s been suggested online.

He was a five-eighth as a junior.

Each player (men and women) that participates in an NRL or NRLW game is brave and we have many women now playing rugby league.
That being said, you would not want him playing like a woman, even one of the best women. This is a man's comp and even the best women wouldn't cut it.

Has to be leadership on the field or no matter how the coach delivers his halftime talk - yelling or whispering - in the heat of the battle some one has to lead that others will follow and set the standard on the field.
And the on field moaning and whinging has to stop ....Nofa reacting like a spoilt child in d ....save it for the video sessions ....bad look on field

And if your booting them up the ass in the ingoal ...you can't be the one meandering there way back in defence when the opposition makes a break .....AD

You want to be a leader ...lead by your actions first and foremost ......play every play like it's your last every week .....

Would think more five-eighth, but yeah, in the halves is what’s been suggested online.

Well technically your inside centre in Union is a back up 5/8 or 10

But when you think of quality inside centres in Union they should be one of your best defenders (ie Tim Horan )

God I would have loved to see Tim Horan play league

Apart from being cringeworthy, the Tigertales doco gave us real insight into the Tigers dressing room…for me what stuck out is the shouting and screaming at players is old school, doesn’t work (apart for Bellamy)….Madge’s coaching methods do not resonate with this generation of footballers…he was well intended, but just could not deliver…
I saw it pretty much the same. I do agree, however, that Madge has always shown himself to be a man of integrity and I wish him well.

I wonder though have you ever met Lee H, spoken to him at length and judged for yourself? That's why I'm always hesitant to critique the guy's personality because I've never actually met him, and public personas are often misleading.

For example, I know TigerSteve (who doesn't post much in here any more) and he had a long interview with Lee H this year. It wasn't recorded for their podcast but he was allowed to take notes and summarise the discussion.

He said Lee was very passionate and knowledgeable about both rugby league and Wests Tigers, and although it's easy to see an arrogant side to his personality / position, and although he didn't agree with all of Lee's takes on the club and their plans, he couldn't doubt those plans were developed from a lot of careful consideration and research.

Which I suppose makes sense as a prominent lawyer.

So - if you have met Lee and spoken to him, it's interesting to hear your take. If you have only observed him from the media, I'd wager you don't really know the guy at all. He was already rich before he became Tigers Chairman and he was already a VERY prominent club sponsor before they offered him that role.

He also sponsors a lot of league sides - surely sponsoring Tigers and the NSW Blues does the job for his advertising and legal referrals? Surely sponsoring NSW Cup sides must include an element of pure rugby league passion and not just dollar signs?
You are right that meeting a person is certainly different from how the Media portrays them . However for me , actions speak louder than words. His character was on display when he had the chance to stand up against the blatantly bias decisions in that Cowboy game .Tough words are cheap when not followed up with action . He laid down.

im Not concerned if we miss Moses
Brooks under Sheens I think he will improve and with Benji in the mix with his ideas all they need to do is select the right person to play beside him , AD , Laurie , ? I don’t know but with the players we have signed and Bateman as a possible we will be able to get on top of teams , last season we were a beaten pack week in week out , we now have some solid aggression in Klemmer and Pappi as well as Blore and Pole , good organising player in Appi , Speed with Stains coming in , it’s not all bad it’s pretty dam good compared to season gone by , I know a gun 1/2 and 5/8 are required but we will be fine maybe Smith is the smokey at 1/2 with Brooks to 5/8 , AD at 5/8 brooks to 1/2 there are options
Yep - I am more concerned if we miss Bateman. Both Moses and Bateman played well in the World Cup, so I would be happy if either or both came. Bateman was not that good for Wigan this year, but I still think he can add something to the Tigers at a much smaller price than Moses.

Reactions: 851
Yep - I am more concerned if we miss Bateman. Both Moses and Bateman played well in the World Cup, so I would be happy if either or both came. Bateman was not that good for Wigan this year, but I still think he can add something to the Tigers at a much smaller price than Moses.
Bateman would be ok if nothing but showing potential other players that we now have rep players. Be easier to recruit.

No point having Bateman run the angles if we don't have the halves to exploit the lines though.

Reactions: 851
I wonder though have you ever met Lee H, spoken to him at length and judged for yourself? That's why I'm always hesitant to critique the guy's personality because I've never actually met him, and public personas are often misleading.

For example, I know TigerSteve (who doesn't post much in here any more) and he had a long interview with Lee H this year. It wasn't recorded for their podcast but he was allowed to take notes and summarise the discussion.

He said Lee was very passionate and knowledgeable about both rugby league and Wests Tigers, and although it's easy to see an arrogant side to his personality / position, and although he didn't agree with all of Lee's takes on the club and their plans, he couldn't doubt those plans were developed from a lot of careful consideration and research.

Which I suppose makes sense as a prominent lawyer.

So - if you have met Lee and spoken to him, it's interesting to hear your take. If you have only observed him from the media, I'd wager you don't really know the guy at all. He was already rich before he became Tigers Chairman and he was already a VERY prominent club sponsor before they offered him that role.

He also sponsors a lot of league sides - surely sponsoring Tigers and the NSW Blues does the job for his advertising and legal referrals? Surely sponsoring NSW Cup sides must include an element of pure rugby league passion and not just dollar signs?
Yes I have met him - a couple of times.

Was extremely charming and polite.

I’ve met countless narcissists who are the same though.

The true colors come out when you disagree with them.

Exactly what happened when Lee said he wouldn’t listen to people who don’t invest money in the club.

Donald Trump clone - without the commercial negotiation skills.

Wish him all the best though but we’re second rate with him and Justin at the helm… proofs in the pudding.

On the narcissist front - he drives a black Ferrari to the training session - the day he sacks Madge.

Players, football department staff, media all take note of this. They would prefer a billionaire who drives a normal car to work - read the room.

I saw it pretty much the same. I do agree, however, that Madge has always shown himself to be a man of integrity and I wish him well.
Unfortunately didn't have the resources around him to get results on the field and paid the price. Was largely the fall guy for many who failed alongside him and escaped accountability, but to date can't fault his humility and approach to moving on.

Each player (men and women) that participates in an NRL or NRLW game is brave and we have many women now playing rugby league.
I think your the one bringing the sexist slant on that one…

He said put on big boy pants and play like a man, as if he was playing like a child.

I don’t agree with his comment, think brooks is a good player. But it’s not a sexist comment and maybe paws may doth protest to much on this one.

I think your the one bringing the sexist slant on that one…

He said put on big boy pants and play like a man, as if he was playing like a child.

I don’t agree with his comment, think brooks is a good player. But it’s not a sexist comment and maybe paws may doth protest to much on this one.

I'm glad Bob that you dropped in to the interchange.

If you don't like the standard of play of a player, you can write about it in a respectful manner.

Questioning the manhood of a player is a different issue. It's unnecessary.

Thank you for your interest in me. Be assured I am reading "Where is manhood most precarious?" and "How do I handle my manhood being insulted?". Love your work.

PS. I am looking to buy a V8 Monaro

And the on field moaning and whinging has to stop ....Nofa reacting like a spoilt child in d ....save it for the video sessions ....bad look on field

And if your booting them up the ass in the ingoal ...you can't be the one meandering there way back in defence when the opposition makes a break .....AD

You want to be a leader ...lead by your actions first and foremost ......play every play like it's your last every week .....
We had a bloke who did that.

EXCLUSIVE: Tigers great Benny Elias' surprising call on nephew Mitchell Moses

WWOS

Tigers great Benny Elias believes a move back to Leichhardt would be an impossible sell to his nephew, gun Eels halfback Mitchell Moses.

Moses played his junior footy in the Parramatta system, but his uncle Elias was on the Tigers board when he originally signed with the Concord club in 2011 - three years before his NRL debut in 2014.

Moses spent three seasons playing for the Tigers before he signed with the Eels for the 2018 season. He was then granted an early release midway through 2017.

Now the 28-year-old's playing future is again under the microscope, off-contract and baulking at a million-dollar offer from the Eels.

"I should be screaming from the roof for the Tigers, but I once upon a time got him over to the Tigers, and they let him go," Elias told Wide World of Sports.

"How do you sell that back to him? I've been there, done that. Move on.

"It wasn't a pretty exit, you know, he left with Aaron Woods and James Tedesco - all three of them left together ... and it's hard to go back.

"Fool me once, I can cop that, but fool me twice."

The Eels on Monday morning announced they had resigned No.6 Dylan Brown until the end of 2025, with player options that could see him in blue and gold until 2031.

The deal could end up being one of the longest in the club's history.

Eels chief executive Jim Sarantinos said there was no deadline on the club's offer to Moses, or danger of Brown's new deal tipping his halves partner out of the club.

"Keeping Dylan doesn't have anything to do with the offer we have for Mitch, not from our perspective," Sarantinos told the Sydney Morning Herald.

"Mitch and Dylan have both been priorities for us and that remains the case. Our desire is for Mitch to stay, we've made that very clear to him and his manager and hopefully he does stay."

Moses has also fielded interest from the Bulldogs. Elias said while a halves combination of Moses and Matt Burton would be formidable at Canterbury, re-signing with the Eels was his best option.

He said Brown's re-signing is a massive boost to Parramatta, which lost this year's grand final to Penrith.

"I strongly believe that whether it be in the working environment or the sporting environment ... if you're happy, you stay there. And it's easy to stay there if you're happy," Elias said.

"He's been very happy. They've been very good to him, and he's been very good to them. It's been a very good two-way relationship."

"(Moses with Brown) they've got a great combination. They know each other's personalities, they know each other's play.

"His No.6 is going to be there for a long time - he's signed a long-term contract ... he's put his shoes under the bed.

"We haven't seen the best of (Moses) yet."
hey benny shut the hell it!!! you destroyed the Balmain Leagues club with your 1 dollar buy of the club and you still destroyed it..your a cancer on the club!! your not even a Wests tigers layer.
There are two sides to Mitch leaving and from what i saw and read im glad he left. He TANKED!! it was disgraceful act on his behalf!! He also had a deal from the eels too!!
STAY AWAY FROM GETTING IN THE MEDIA ABOUT THE CLUB, WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOU!! rant over

5/8 as a junior ok then.
Starting to get a feel we are gunna have the say problem we had before, a thousand 5/8’s and no half.

Well technically your inside centre in Union is a back up 5/8 or 10

But when you think of quality inside centres in Union they should be one of your best defenders (ie Tim Horan )

God I would have loved to see Tim Horan play league
I think you left off “for the Tigers” at the end there mate

Back