Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Madge got the sack because he didn't win enough games with a dud roster. You can hold him accountable for his part, but the biggest problem for this club and the reason why we are like a revolving door for players and coaches is the lack of quality with the roster compared to other teams.
The representative season has demonstrated that for ages - we are regularly close to full strength aside from injury while other teams are testing their depth.
On paper we have recruited well with one out standing buy, but plenty also bought into the Packerlino and Reynolds turning around our fortunes too. If some are reserving judgement till they start performing it's for good reason.
To me it looks more like one of the symptoms of our biggest problem.
At the moment I’m dancing like the Irish, not gonna break dance until I see a team on the park.
I know Sheens, in the past has been able to develop a team, but unsure if he can still do it? Especially as a reluctant coach? The next one down the list of those with influence and authority is Benji.
Like everyone else, waiting to see how it unfolds?
Merry Christmas!

If you believe Bateman as a four year signing is a great coup you believe in Santa Claus.

I was with my mate last night who’s brother works at the Knights - said they can’t believe we traded Hastings for Klem as Klem was always gonna come - they just applied some pressure to the Tigers and we folded.

Onwards and upwards for our gun negotiators.
Hastings did not want to play 13, So he asked for the release as he wanted to play 7

Hastings did not want to play 13, So he asked for the release as he wanted to play 7
Unfortunately that's not true... no matter how many times people say it.
Seems Sheens didn't want him.

From Hastings himself interviewed by SMH...

“Whether I wasn’t wanted or wasn’t needed, it took me a few days to get over it because I was angry at the fact I wanted to be there and be a part of the solution, not the problem."

“But I’m a big boy, I’ve been in way worse situations than what has just gone on. I still love the club, and when I say I want them to do well, I genuinely mean it."

“I’ve got no hard feelings towards anyone at the Tigers. When I go back to Leichhardt in round two, hopefully I’m not booed because I really do love the club and enjoyed the year I had there."

“Whether I wasn’t wanted or wasn’t needed, it took me a few days to get over it because I was angry at the fact I wanted to be there and be a part of the solution, not the problem."

“But I’m a big boy, I’ve been in way worse situations than what has just gone on. I still love the club, and when I say I want them to do well, I genuinely mean it."

“I’ve got no hard feelings towards anyone at the Tigers. When I go back to Leichhardt in round two, hopefully I’m not booed because I really do love the club and enjoyed the year I had there."
I don't see how that refutes that he wanted to play 7. He may have wanted to stay, be part of the solution, AND be dirty he wasn't preferred in the halves.

People can pick whatever rumour they prefer because there will no concrete evidence. I hope he does well, except for against us.

I just have faith in the experience of both Sheens and Benji. They have more data and knowledge than I do
If people are not attacking Brooks, they are attacking Sheens. Has he made mistakes, in more then 40 yrs in the game in many different roles ? You bet he has, just like everyone else alive. But his experience, and accomplishments, would be exceeded by very few. We are so very lucky to have him steering this ship.

they didnt care about losing Addo-Carr either at the time
J A C was not what we needed at that time, We needed forwards,and halves, then FB and then centres. Josh would have fallen asleep,before the ball got to him. The cry for Josh was stupid, yes he is fantastic, but a rediculous buy when the rest of the side was a priority

That's nonsense, Tigers had no leg to stand on. Lee H even got expert (external) legal opinion on the matter - he made a public statement that the advice he was given was that there was no case Tigers could bring and win against the NRL.

As badly as we got screwed against Cowboys, you can't pin that on the club. No club gets the NRL to reverse the final decision from a ref's call, it will never happen.
Never said it was winable. Every decision regarding that was at best incompetence & at worse corrupt. The NRL wouldnt not admit anything, because like everyone else , they cleary could see this was deeper than bad decisions, and dont want to open that can of worms. But true winners take up the fight regardless of the what the out come is likely to be. That is strength of charactor. Actions not words.

Last edited:

Sheens told him he wasn't a 7 in his plans and that he would be looked at as a 13. Newcastle offered him the 7 and an upgrade. He can sook all he wants but he chose to leave - he could have stayed and proved Sheens wrong.

And moved them on when they didn't perform.
Peachey was a dud, almost from day 1. Can't remember him playing even one decent game for us. Gildart was just another Super League back who didn't/couldn't adjust to the higher NRL standard. Seemed a nice kid though. Hope he goes better for Uncle Benny at the Dolphins

Sheens told him he wasn't a 7 in his plans and that he would be looked at as a 13. Newcastle offered him the 7 and an upgrade. He can sook all he wants but he chose to leave - he could have stayed and proved Sheens wrong.
Hate to tell you but he also said he was happy to play anywhere if it helped the team.
Sheens traded him out.

why didn't he stay and play 13
Seems

that still makes no comment on Hastings being told by Sheens to play 13
He wanted to play 7 bad luck Sheens abd benji didn't rate him as a 7
Newcastle did and he took Newcastle up on the contract
very simple
if Hastings had wanted to play 13 at tigers he would still be here in 2023

Back