Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

This was in tandem. Give Madge the credit he deserves.

Both Api and Papi have strong relationships with Madge.

Check.the dates
I never said Madge wasn't part of their signings. Just pointing out that they couldn't get them signed until after Sheen's arrived. And prior to Sheens arriving Madge couldn't sign anyone decent

So with Bateman announced does that mean we have missed Moses ?
Word was we were holding out the Bateman announcement until the Moses things was sorted either way as contract might then need adjusting.

Maybe Moses has said no to us and we have moved onto next target or maybe just maybe Moses has said yes and we have already adjusted Bateman contract. Might be an interesting week coming up.

Decent forwards now! Now we have a poor fullback, we have one decent winger (nofa), poor centres, poor halfback. Hope to hear some news there next.

All the club has spoken about us jrs and develop I’m assuming they have looked at all our second row stocks and come to the realisation that our jrs are a few years of starting in first grade no harm having a gun reserve grade side full of good depth with players fighting fir a spot in the top grade
The juniors should learn winning from the
players we have bought, losing was previously ingrained into the club

Dude instead of put downs why not put forward valid arguments...seriously!
Easy . If Cleary was injured in 2023, Moses would have walked straight into the NSW side.
Hastings would not have got a glance, and have been lucky to get a spot in one of the third nations teams. I was a fan of Hastings, he tried hard , but he was predictable and too slow for the modern game. Sadly i doubt he will be in the halves in 2024. Their coach will get the sword, and so he should if he wanted Hastings as half.

So with Bateman announced does that mean we have missed Moses ?
Word was we were holding out the Bateman announcement until the Moses things was sorted either way as contract might then need adjusting.

Maybe Moses has said no to us and we have moved onto next target or maybe just maybe Moses has said yes and we have already adjusted Bateman contract. Might be an interesting week coming up.

That would be my presumption along with the ramblings from bouncing Benny doesnt look likely. Having said that the announcement of Bateman at such an odd time could mean theres some wheeling and dealings going on behind the scenes. But the first bit is the most likely outcome.

Easy . If Cleary was injured in 2023, Moses would have walked straight into the NSW side.
Hastings would not have got a glance, and have been lucky to get a spot in one of the third nations teams. I was a fan of Hastings, he tried hard , but he was predictable and too slow for the modern game. Sadly i doubt he will be in the halves in 2024. Their coach will get the sword, and so he should if he wanted Hastings as half.
There's a difference between a team player and reps. My example...Cliff Lyons was an amazing playmaker for the Eagles yet in SOO he was all at sea. Are there any halves going round who possess every quality a halfback needs? A good player plays to his strengths.

There's a difference between a team player and reps. My example...Cliff Lyons was an amazing playmaker for the Eagles yet in SOO he was all at sea. Are there any halves going round who possess every quality a halfback needs? A good player plays to his strengths.
Wishy, washy, at best ! We are aiming high, average players in key positions, is just one of the reasons we have failed. We have gained the forwards, now it's the halves and the backs, ordinary does not cut it in todays game.

Wishy, washy, at best ! We are aiming high, average players in key positions, is just one of the reasons we have failed. We have gained the forwards, now it's the halves and the backs, ordinary does not cut it in todays game.
I doubt you could find any team in the comp with standout players in every position. It's more about how a team gels...the old saying...a champion team in contrast to a team of champions

Which players in the key positions do you think are average?

Back