10 - Twal
11 - Paps
12 - Bateman
13 - Joe O

14 - Uto
15 - Pole
16 - Blore
17 - Matamua

I like it but I think Twal struggles to find a spot though. I'd put Stef ahead of Twal and I'd have at least one utility on the bench and possibly Talau and a utility.

To your point about signing Brown it'd be for depth only and I think we have other positions and money that we can use to sign a gun player.

I don't understand why we would sign Brown to play lock. We have a lot of middle forwards and i see Brown being the same as Joe O. Hard runner of the ball, good defender but has no ball skills. His post contact metres and offload stats are actually lower than Joes. I just don't see any value in signing him. I can see our starting pack as :

8 - Klemmer
9 - Api
10 - Twal
11 - Paps
12 - Bateman
13 - Joe O

14 - Uto
15 - Pole
16 - Blore
17 - Matamua

Add to that all the young guys chomping at the bit to get a run. To me signing Brown would just be a waste of a Top 30 spot.
Agree with the above. Don’t think we need Brown now after the Bateman signing. Would rather invest the money elsewhere now.

Apologies if it’s already been covered, but does anyone know what Bateman’s yearly salary breakdown is?

Great bench.

I think Brown would be a contingency plan for injury cover and if Matamua isn't ready....

We have been chopped by injuries badly the last few years so a player like Brown could prove to be an important squaddie.

If the price is right - it's a smart signing.

He's experienced.
1 year deal with a CO for a second one, why not....

We don't want a crisis and have to throw the rookies in the deep end.

Sheens likes some experienced depth as shown in the last when bringing Ray Cashmere back or Pat Richards....
I'd prefer we chased a backup half before going after Brown, especially as we only have one roster spot remaining.

I remember the panic setting in when we thought Brooks got injured a month or so ago and Hastings was off to Newcastle.

I'd prefer we chased a backup half before going after Brown, especially as we only have one roster spot remaining.

I remember the panic setting in when we thought Brooks got injured a month or so ago and Hastings was off to Newcastle.

I think we don't know if a back up half is needed until we find out about Moses. If Moses signs, Brooks plays 6 but also is the back up 7 if Moses goes down, allowing Laurie or Doueihi to play 6.

If Moses doesn't sign, then we should look at Hawkins from Souths.

I think we don't know if a back up half is needed until we find out about Moses. If Moses signs, Brooks plays 6 but also is the back up 7 if Moses goes down, allowing Laurie or Doueihi to play 6.

That Hastings bloke at Newcastle should be just about ready for another club change by late January early February .....

Statements like " no club has sucessfully brought a case against the NRL & won" & there is no precedent" show why this club has the culture of losing in recent times. Without stating the obvious,a prececdent has to be set at some time by courageous individuals so others can refer to it. No one had climbed Mount Everest at one time till someone courageous did it. Your arguments of "No one has ever done so we cant , or there is not precedent" so we cant is flawed reasoning & loser talk . For example, we had no chance last year to win the premiership , so applying your reasoning, we should not of fielded a team & try to complete. Abosolute baloney.
The other cases you refer to were individual bad ref decisions & those mistakes are part of the game. The Tigers case was different as there was multiple errors & to top off the coruption a review was given to the Cowboys & a legal review from the Tigers was denied. The Tigers had the oppurtunity to expose the corruption for the good of all the clubs, & show their mettle in the process. We weakly decided to take the course you clearly support. As a result , the NRL has now been given the mandate to blatantly do whatever they want.
No you have it all wrong. The lack of court case precedent isn't an indicator of meekness or fear, the lack of precedent tells you precisely why Tigers and all the other clubs don't take legal action against referee decisions.

And then if you lose the court case, which you are highly likely to do, you've set a bad precedent. Precedents are not necessarily good or courageous. Many precedents are negative, stupid and costly.

You are also wrong about our case vs other clubs - it's all the same thing, all a collection of bad ref decisions. Happens every year. Fans will be fixated on the bad calls that affected themselves and less worried about those for other clubs.

The "corruption" you speak about is just speculative labelling - you'd have to prove corruption in court; you can't just point your finger at an outcome you don't like and call it "corruption". How would you even expose this corruption, if it existed? Tigers asked for the refs' mike tapes and NRL apparently gave them access in private, and those tapes didn't prove anything.

So if not going to court over a referee decision is a loser's mentality, then all the clubs are losers.

Sounds like you personally take all opportunities to represent yourself in court, regardless of the cost or the risk of a negative outcome? Because it's the principle and "courageous individuals" need to set precedents, apparently.

Some people are in such a rush to spend other people's money.

Personally I don’t believe we need Nathan Brown .. we have plenty young up and coming juniors that could fill his role in this side now. We could use the money on getting a decent / upgrade on a game changing back .. ?? So what’s our biggest need right now .. a half .. a centre .. or a fullback .. ??

It was mentioned the coaching staff have already decided Joffa is a front rower, not a ball playing lock (or lock at all....)

Adding Nathan Brown to the squad gives us some options and more importantly....depth.

We have 4 starting quality front rowers in Klem, Joe, Twal and Stef.... arguably Pole also.

With Blore missing majority of the 2022 season maybe they want to ease him back into grade.
My point is Nathan Brown is no different to Joffa. He is not a ball playing lock - he runs hard and has good tackle efficiency - he was a reasonable ball player 5 years ago but Brad Arthur seems to have coached that out of him.

Junior Tupou is going to heap some pressure on Laurie, Maumalo and Nofalouma.

He’s a naturally talented footballer in that he just reads the play quickly and has the skills to adjust on a dime.

I think he will be in the starting squad in some way by the end of the season.
I'd love Tupou to get an extended run at centre

Moses won't be coming in 23. Parra wouldn't let Stefano or Ice leave early, doubt they change their mind for Mitchell.

From that video highlights package, Welsby looks out of the box. Call me irresponsible but I'd roll the dice with him even if he costs us big bickies. He's 21, very fast, can pass, can tackle and has a bit of aggression in him. Plus he's only 21. I'd much rather invest in him than Moses.
Both!!

Back