Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

My point is Nathan Brown is no different to Joffa. He is not a ball playing lock - he runs hard and has good tackle efficiency - he was a reasonable ball player 5 years ago but Brad Arthur seems to have coached that out of him.
Watching the World Cup he played exclusively as a ball playing 13 for Italy?

I think we don't know if a back up half is needed until we find out about Moses. If Moses signs, Brooks plays 6 but also is the back up 7 if Moses goes down, allowing Laurie or Doueihi to play 6.

If Moses doesn't sign, then we should look at Hawkins from Souths.
Hawkins is good but I think signed at souths until end of 2025

It was mentioned the coaching staff have already decided Joffa is a front rower, not a ball playing lock (or lock at all....)

Adding Nathan Brown to the squad gives us some options and more importantly....depth.

We have 4 starting quality front rowers in Klem, Joe, Twal and Stef.... arguably Pole also.

With Blore missing majority of the 2022 season maybe they want to ease him back into grade.
It seems like a lot on this forum pick a team and then we don’t need xyz , but what they all forget is u need depth, 27 odd weeks means u need depth and kids can only play a small part in that , that’s why we need BROWN

It seems like a lot on this forum pick a team and then we don’t need xyz , but what they all forget is u need depth, 27 odd weeks means u need depth and kids can only play a small part in that , that’s why we need BROWN
Speaking of depth, who are our backup halves?

We need Dylan not Nathan

Klemmer and Bateman for 4 yrs at full asking price is a reflection of our negotiation skills. Atrocious.

Both good for 2 plus an option for third.

When we sign a decent half or fullback I’ll be more complimentary.

Till then we’re a bottom 4 team.

And yes I was a Hastings fan at half. Everyone who couldn’t see that he was our best half is delusional and will probably be the first to pile on sheens, brooks and Pascoe when we’re struggling next year.

Hope you can all rip me to pieces next year if we’re winning.

I'm sorry that makes no sense whatsoever.

I was speaking to you about the Tigers Cowboys game not Jackson Hastings. You've got your arguments all flip-flopped.
It makes no sense to you because you’re trying to twist MY words to suit YOUR narrative. I’m not sure why you’re implying I’m referring to Hastings? Maybe go play a game of scrabble or something dude.

Klemmer and Bateman for 4 yrs at full asking price is a reflection of our negotiation skills. Atrocious.

And yes I was a Hastings fan at half. Everyone who couldn’t see that he was our best half is delusional and will probably be the first to pile on sheens, brooks and Pascoe when we’re struggling next year.

Rip you to pieces now mate.

Klemmar made 150m per game and tackled at around 95%. Thats good in any books. He rarely gets injured. Hel be fine for 3 years.

Bateman no matter his form is rep starting 2nd rower.

Hardly atrocious considering the salary cap has gone up by so much. It ended up being good business whilst also making the Tigers a destination club now due to a great pack.

No you have it all wrong. The lack of court case precedent isn't an indicator of meekness or fear, the lack of precedent tells you precisely why Tigers and all the other clubs don't take legal action against referee decisions.

And then if you lose the court case, which you are highly likely to do, you've set a bad precedent. Precedents are not necessarily good or courageous. Many precedents are negative, stupid and costly.

You are also wrong about our case vs other clubs - it's all the same thing, all a collection of bad ref decisions. Happens every year. Fans will be fixated on the bad calls that affected themselves and less worried about those for other clubs.

The "corruption" you speak about is just speculative labelling - you'd have to prove corruption in court; you can't just point your finger at an outcome you don't like and call it "corruption". How would you even expose this corruption, if it existed? Tigers asked for the refs' mike tapes and NRL apparently gave them access in private, and those tapes didn't prove anything.

So if not going to court over a referee decision is a loser's mentality, then all the clubs are losers.

Sounds like you personally take all opportunities to represent yourself in court, regardless of the cost or the risk of a negative outcome? Because it's the principle and "courageous individuals" need to set precedents, apparently.

Some people are in such a rush to spend other people's money.
Nope , just the conviction & courage to stand up for what you know is right.Some people have that strength of character, others prefer to lay down . But hey , whatever works for you .

Last edited:
I think what we have in the backs is genuine competition for spots. No clear 1-5. Hopefully they are all doing the work and 3-4 of them have real breakout years.
Which is a terrible position to be in. Look at the top 8 sides, you can pretty much pick their lineups because some players are better than their backups, and that's how the cap should work! First team players are stars, on bigger money. Backups are lesser known cheapies. Having 8 players of the same ability on the same money gets you nowhere

Klemmar made 150m per game and tackled at around 95%. Thats good in any books. He rarely gets injured. Hel be fine for 3 years.

Hardly atrocious considering the salary cap has gone up by so much. It ended up being good business whilst also making the Tigers a destination club now due to a great pack.
@tigermate dont forget the ipap contract. 600K for close to the best second rower around, outstanding

LOL 😂
Brooks protected? Are joking, on what forum is that, coz it’s not this one.
But please do not derail the thread with another brook’s debate coz I am not Brooks bias one way or the other, I just want the best 7 playing for the Tigers. But to say Brooks is protected on here, well that’s just not true mate.
No matter what we formumers think Tim obviously rates him.
He's the only player in under performing squads over the past 3 years never to see reserve grade, that's being protected imo

'Everyone who doesn't agree with my subjective opinion is delusional'.

You're nowhere.

Well said.

Hater’s gonna hate though.

They say ‘happy to be proven.. or, hope I’m wrong’. But they don’t really mean it.

🤷‍♂️

Back