Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Has the Pom been on with any updates lately , he’s always pretty good , I may have missed his update if he did one

So RTS is the outside back being sought?
It was mentioned that Nathan Brown is now on the back burner.
I'm hoping that money that we put aside for him could go to a player like RTS or even Herbie from the Broncos.
How are the Broncos salary cap wise, would they entertain an early release? What could we do to facilitate that....transfer $ or a swap for someone? Who do they need?

Has the Pom been on with any updates lately , he’s always pretty good , I may have missed his update if he did one
Nit much to update. We have one more spot but that can be filled anytime until June I think. We are short in the halves but depends if Laurie can play at 5/8th if needed.

Thats all fine man, but stop saying you appreciate peoples opinions when you stay stuff like

"If Sheens or the club was smarter - why not just tell Jackson that he will start at lock and if the team is not gelling with brooks at half he will swap them and play like at 5/8.

We could’ve kept the option of Jackson.

It was mentioned that Nathan Brown is now on the back burner.
I'm hoping that money that we put aside for him could go to a player like RTS or even Herbie from the Broncos.
How are the Broncos salary cap wise, would they entertain an early release? What could we do to facilitate that....transfer $ or a swap for someone? Who do they need?
The UK players are a good option for WTs. Farnsworth is a very good player. Welsby is also a very good player with speed, strength, a good passing and kicking game as well as that desire to win. He also provides utility value.

We need both now, if I had to choose it would be RTS. I am not a Moses fan due to his poor character and would be concerned with a big long contract. RTS would help us up the ladder and make us look more desirable when shopping for the “run the team half” we need, and the halfback tree has no ripe fruit on it for next year anyway, so RTS buys us a little time to shop.
Surely the rorters and the cheats have a stock pile of gun halves playing reggies to pick through.
Once further up the ladder and with a few gun players in the team one of those halves might be persuaded not to wait any longer for the opportunity to play nrl.
That is the big question, can a position like Halfback come up through the Reggie stock?
OR
are Halfbacks 'special'?

Are there a stockpile of young halves that we can mould into the next Cooper Cronk or Jonathan Thurston, Cleary, etc. Heck are there even more ok/good halfbacks that can win us games like Mitchell Moses, Chad Townsend, etc ?

I suspect there are less then 6 Gun halfbacks and less then 16 "good" halfbacks.

I note Tom Brady played almost into his 40's and kept winning cups even when he was pick #160...
I will also note too that our Club (ignoring pre merger times with nods to Tommy, Taylor and a stack of other 7's) has only really ever had one Haflback that has worked and that was Scott Prince.

Moses isn't a long term solution to anything. Were not ready for a finals run and need a year to Gel with the current side.

As Sheens says, if you’re good enough you’re old enough. Faagutu is 18 and arguably a better prospect than all locks on the WT roster. He won’t be far away from securing a top 17 spot. Maybe 2024….
Better then matamua?

Mate no offence but did you take something before posting this

The judge Wally Lewis Blocker Roach and Tim Brasher

Lilke I said maybe post of the year
How do you score on a ball, Odessa your comprehension is better then mine lol

Back