Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Waiting forever for juniors to come through, would not be economically viable. We had to quicken the process, or risk losing sponsors and fans. The 2025 target was smart, and i am surprised at our aggression in the market place this early. But this is a business, and the the club needs success to generate money. Getting the balance right,would be very difficult. I think we are doing well on all fronts.

I'm just thankful that the roster looks on paper at least significantly stronger and their seems to be more of a focus on now rather than the three years talk last year. They were never going to sell that to any player of note and although the backs are a bit light on in quality, we really don't know what they are a capable of until the pack paves the way.

Rome wasnt built in a day so they say i think the plan was always to sort out our powder puff pack this year. Then it gives us a chance to re assess the backs behind a decent pack and if needs be they get their overhaul next year. Shapes up with everything Sheens has said building the base for Benji to take over a quality roster come 2025.
I think our pack overhaul has been remarkable if you had told me last year we could have weeded out most of the rubbish and replaced it with genuine quality i wouldnt have believed you. Theres talk of one more back to come in potentially whether thats for this year or next i cant complain with the business we've done to date.

This was when asked about if we were interested in Jesse Ramien

Tim Pascoe, the Tigers manager, refused to comment when pushed by the Telegraph and said the club was “happy” with the 2023 squad they have already put together.

Thank god our mate Timmy Pascoe isn’t giving anything away

Moses and RTS would be the final pieces to our puzzle!!
for those complaining about age these guys are NOT your packers/Reynolds...they are cream of the crop players that will help our young ones grow without being thrown into the deep end. These young guys we keep hearing about wont be top tier players for another 5 years.

True, but having seen many good and great players in my growing number of years, I cannot recall another individual that could/can transform a sides chances quite like Tom when his hamstrings allow.
Yes a good player,but missing many games , the same with Latrell, you have to weigh up the value for money. We have signed enough experienced old heads, in my opinion. The game producers a new batch of talent every year, we must have the space and the money to buy them , as well as the space and money to keep any talent we produce.

I'm just thankful that the roster looks on paper at least significantly stronger and their seems to be more of a focus on now rather than the three years talk last year. They were never going to sell that to any player of note and although the backs are a bit light on in quality, we really don't know what they are a capable of until the pack paves the way.
Firstly, I agree, there needs to be a combination of the purchase of quality first graders with the patient development of young talent. However, the second half of your of your second sentence is your most powerful point because we all know that backs, whether halves or outside men, only have a chance to stamp their authority when give space and momentum. This is why we shouldn't cast aside players like Laurie, Kepaoa or Toa.

Yes a good player,but missing many games , the same with Latrell, you have to weigh up the value for money. We have signed enough experienced old heads, in my opinion. The game producers a new batch of talent every year, we must have the space and the money to buy them , as well as the space and money to keep any talent we produce.

One class player does Transform a side.
Think Manly
That's a very rare situation and Manly has a better supporting cast, including higher quality halves and forwards.

for those complaining about age these guys are NOT your packers/Reynolds...they are cream of the crop players that will help our young ones grow without being thrown into the deep end. These young guys we keep hearing about wont be top tier players for another 5 years.
Couldn't afford both.

Was talking to someone senior in the game recently who told me that squads are too big. One club has had to split the group in two as there are too many guys holding back the top echelon. Hearing we have Reilly at five eighth is a worry.

Was talking to someone senior in the game recently who told me that squads are too big. One club has had to split the group in two as there are too many guys holding back the top echelon. Hearing we have Reilly at five eighth is a worry.
What does he mean by that? Because most of the time teams end up going through their entire 30 squad throughout the year due to injuries/rep duties

Or is he talking about junior talent being held up because of career reserve graders being signed on?

Sorry mate, who is Reilly ?

RTS is one of the best players to play the game. He went unnoticed after he left the Roosters due to the Warriors being out of the spotlight, and that they were a terrible team in every year he played except 2018. Some of his efforts were superhuman. Rest of his team would run for 500m total and he'd run 300m almost exclusively from one-off-the-ruck runs. He deserved better from his teammates.

Last edited:
Back