Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

To get more money.
I'm more than happy that the WT are pushing the Eels to pay more. It's also one of the reasons I don't care too much about Brown... don't want to help them with their cap.
I reckon Moses is stringing us along as much as he is pushing Parra for more money. He has no intention of coming back here, same way Latrell never had any intention of coming here.

I reckon Moses is stringing us along as much as he is pushing Parra for more money. He has no intention of coming back here, same way Latrell never had any intention of coming here.
Professional footy brother.
They are only in the game for a short time. Anything can happen like a career ending injury that could make it shorter.
They're a product and it's like going to an auction these days.
Loyalty is usually shown after you buy the shiny new car....and I use the term "usually" quiet loosely.

I think if he was coming tigers would have already been done. I think they are giving parra time to sort out TPA’s and ensure they get as close to our offer as possible.
Thanks to James Maloney we now know that TPA's are not really third party and that clubs often organise them.

For those who don't know, a Maloney (Cronulla) and Moylan (Penrith) swap had been on the cards for ages in 2017. Someone asked Maloney what the hold up was, and he said "just waiting on some TPAs to come through." He basically told the whole world that clubs rort the cap in plain sight.

Our offer to MM is greater than Para’s .. the ball is in MM’s court right now .. he still hasnt given us the nod as yet .. nor has he told Para anything.. which is a strange thing to do. I personally believe that he is playing both clubs and is milking us both for all it’s worth. Is he waiting to see if Para can somehow find enough money to retain him .. or is he just waiting for Para to find a replacement before letting MM announce that he is leaving .. ??
Waiting for an offer from another club ?

If our offer is significantly better than Parras, reckon we're still a fairly good chance of Moses going after the extra cash. His agent would probably be pushing the money angle pretty hard anyway.

we now have leaders in the forwards like
papali
Bateman
Klemmer

So the need for a Joffa is not as important as it was in 2022 vs value on salary cap if a club wanted to trade joffa might have some value.
IMHO, Ofenphenague is the last player we want to trade, however, Nofoaluma, Sayfarth, and than Twal on the other hand, especially the first two are deadwood and shall be gone ASAP.

IMHO, Ofenphenague is the last player we want to trade, however, Nofoaluma, Sayfarth, and than Twal on the other hand, especially the first two are deadwood and shall be gone ASAP.
Given Offa jumped in and signed a 3 year extension, highly doubtful he would be traded. Same with Nofa, signed till 2025.
Seyfath and Twal could be more shaky although I think there’s a role for Twal down the line( off field).
So that leaves Seyforth , he’s in a tough position coz unless he improves himself considerably then it will be Reggie’s and maybe an occasional NRL game through injury.

If he is not leaving Parra, then why will it be another month or so before he makes his mind up, He is only about to use us to get more $$$$$ off Parra.

We should drop the challenge to get him,
And throw a big offer at some promising young halfback, for 2 years

plus an option of another 1 year, our choice.

He wants another offer, much bigger than the big offers he currently has received.

Back