Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

What's Ethan Sanders' contract situation? Off contract for 2024?

If Eels retain MM, that will block his pathway as he is already 19 and about ready for his NRL debut me thinks. If we've made an offer as reported this could end up with a much bigger upside for Wests Tigers. We could have wrapped up many of the next-gen superstars for 2025...
I think Gus is going to make a play for him.

Says you.
Others have said Moses hasn't informed any club about his intentions.
Who knows.
If anything some may assume that by not committing to anyone that he doesn't want to leave. Which may or may not be true. It will be announced very soon reagrdless.

And we desperately need a plan for 2023 as well as 2024
2023? What plan. Moses even if ne signed wouldn't come here this year. The team we have is it apart from a backline player maybe.

Plan for 2024.

And there lies the problem.
I know of one Roosters player who was payed on the cap but the whole time was renting properties off one of uncle nicks companies for a dollar a week. Everytime they re-signed another property was added to their portfolio that they were "renting". Once they retired lawyers were called in and the properties were all handed over to the retired player.

do people not yet realise that TPA’s have nothing to do with the club, it’s organised by agents or the player themselves and can no way shape or form be linked to the club, even if the person is just a mate of a ceo you cannot do it
They're not supposed to be organised by the club. Yet there are clubs who find them conveniently when ever they need to sign Tedesco and Cronk in one off-season.

Reactions: 851
Each year’s cap is for that year only.
If you don’t spend it you lose it.
That is what I thought,
Think its about time we told moses to stay at Parra.

Lets throw a heap of $$$ at some young fella or fella's that look the goods and give them 2years with options.

Moses is just holding us back from continuing forward.

do people not yet realise that TPA’s have nothing to do with the club, it’s organised by agents or the player themselves and can no way shape or form be linked to the club, even if the person is just a mate of a ceo you cannot do it
can link to current sponsors cant it

The clubs that do the right thing realize that, it's the cheating scum that bend the rules that stop this NRL competition from being a level playing field while the administrators conveniently look the other way.
The administrators’ first priority is revenue growth for the stakeholders. They only care about a level playing field to the extent it starts negatively affecting revenue. A salary cap cheating scandal is bad for business as it undermines the integrity of the game and potentially revenue. Therefore, they don’t look very hard for salary cap breaches.

The same goes for the NRL players’ association. They don’t want illegal payments discovered/outlawed and thereby reduce the overall takings of the people they represent I.e the players.

The whole set up is a bit of a joke. It would be so hard to change it. There just isn’t the will from the administration, the (rich) clubs or the players. The fans just don’t have enough pull unless they/we act en masse.

It’s very rare that a kid is given serious NRL $$ before they debut & delivers to expectation’s.

Know this kid is one heck of a talent - if anyone could pick & develop a talented half it’s Sheens though.
Benji would be his fulltime coach.

The club knows where is stands with Moses and believe me we have well and truly moved on…..Sheens has a plan B for 2024….

Are they really after the Parramatta wonder kid ? Chasing him Like they did Stefano ?

A new born baby is not easy and first child for mum and dad he is not thinking football but if the Parramatta choice was so easy it would have been done by now I think he is out the door or has at least a leg is and if Parramatta have a wonder kid number 7 they mite not need Moses after two years
If Moses's baby starts screaming, he'll probably scream back at it and blame it for the disharmony.

I know of one Roosters player who was payed on the cap but the whole time was renting properties off one of uncle nicks companies for a dollar a week. Everytime they re-signed another property was added to their portfolio that they were "renting". Once they retired lawyers were called in and the properties were all handed over to the retired player.
Apparently Adrian Morley owns 6 pubs in The old dart

Back