Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

A new born baby is not easy and first child for mum and dad he is not thinking football but if the Parramatta choice was so easy it would have been done by now I think he is out the door or has at least a leg is and if Parramatta have a wonder kid number 7 they mite not need Moses after two years
If Moses's baby starts screaming, he'll probably scream back at it and blame it for the disharmony.

I know of one Roosters player who was payed on the cap but the whole time was renting properties off one of uncle nicks companies for a dollar a week. Everytime they re-signed another property was added to their portfolio that they were "renting". Once they retired lawyers were called in and the properties were all handed over to the retired player.
Apparently Adrian Morley owns 6 pubs in The old dart

do people not yet realise that TPA’s have nothing to do with the club, it’s organised by agents or the player themselves and can no way shape or form be linked to the club, even if the person is just a mate of a ceo you cannot do it
Initial justification for TPAs were because there was big money from rugby and english super league leading to a bleeding of players (sailor, Rogers, thorn, tuqiri etc). But now Roosters, Storm, Broncos all seem to be able to attract big talent on small contracts.

I think power brokers at those clubs have an influence on NRL policy and they want this dodgy system maintained. There's no way this TPA system fits with the intention of the salary cap and this is obvious in that the top teams maintain dominance in the period since the TPAs came into play.

Your assessment of TPAs is very naive and it is not the way big clubs have used it. Given super league and rugby are nowhere near the threat they were there is no justification for this system except the powerful clubs have too much influence over nrl policy.

This is a messy system that should be changed if integrity is of any importance to the nrl.

Moses' form will drop off a cliff 2-3 years into his new Parra contract, pressure mounts with Sanders looming. And that's when we'll pounce.

Moses 4 year deal. Boom. We got our man.
I think Mose and a fit Hodgson have to gel for Mose to have a good 23 at Parramatta and if they keep changing there Hooker it will affect his game also Ice was his care taker on the edge ?

It's a big year for Moses

Reactions: Moh
Initial justification for TPAs were because there was big money from rugby and english super league leading to a bleeding of players (sailor, Rogers, thorn, tuqiri etc). But now Roosters, Storm, Broncos all seem to be able to attract big talent on small contracts.

I think power brokers at those clubs have an influence on NRL policy and they want this dodgy system maintained. There's no way this TPA system fits with the intention of the salary cap and this is obvious in that the top teams maintain dominance in the period since the TPAs came into play.

Your assessment of TPAs is very naive and it is not the way big clubs have used it. Given super league and rugby are nowhere near the threat they were there is no justification for this system except the powerful clubs have too much influence over nrl policy.

This is a messy system that should be changed if integrity is of any importance to the nrl.
The salary cap is there to stop clubs spending beyond their means and going broke, TPAs are outside that so the NRL don't really care. Plus the Player's association will never let the NRL get rid of them because it restricts their membership earning more coin.

15 pages ...Ok what's the goss ...who's leavin or comin ??
Apparently a guy named Moses is thinking about leaving Egypt and heading to the land of milk and honey which, as we know are the colours of white and gold. The wicked pharoah also known as Gus Gould is trying to lure him to a bad place called Nubia, also known as a Belmore.
Moses is worried about the Red Sea, also known as the Cooks River which may flood at any time.
Meanwhile the civilised world waits for news of Moses next move.

Apparently a guy named Moses is thinking about leaving Egypt and heading to the land of milk and honey which, as we know are the colours of white and gold. The wicked pharoah also known as Gus Gould is trying to lure him to a bad place called Nubia, also known as a Belmore.
Moses is worried about the Red Sea, also known as the Cooks River which may flood at any time.
Sounds like the Life of Bwian ...has he been a naughty boy ??..lol it was on SBS Tuesday night

You didn't mention the Bullrushes, but I guess there's enough bull on here already.

The administrators’ first priority is revenue growth for the stakeholders. They only care about a level playing field to the extent it starts negatively affecting revenue. A salary cap cheating scandal is bad for business as it undermines the integrity of the game and potentially revenue. Therefore, they don’t look very hard for salary cap breaches.

The same goes for the NRL players’ association. They don’t want illegal payments discovered/outlawed and thereby reduce the overall takings of the people they represent I.e the players.
The whole set up is a bit of a joke. It would be so hard to change it. There just isn’t the will from the administration, the (rich) clubs or the players. The fans just don’t have enough pull unless they/we act en masse.
Would one of the stakeholders be the TAB? Sorry to be negative again but that's another grievance I should've included in my list of pet hates about the game a few pages back. So it's ok to have a betting agency spruiking gambling in prime time? Yeah right.

Last edited:
do people not yet realise that TPA’s have nothing to do with the club, it’s organised by agents or the player themselves and can no way shape or form be linked to the club, even if the person is just a mate of a ceo you cannot do it
So, say I was a billionaire property developer. I don't sponsor the Tigers because then everything comes under the cap. I stay a 3rd party who pays players to be in my company's adverts or whatevs. Totally independent. Of course, the players don't get that moolah unless their with the Tigers.

Yep definitely in the rules they can’t do it

Reactions: 851
Back